I need help!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

ivy-chen

I need someone who is good in grammar and are willing to help me with my grammar problem in my essay. I am a Chinese girl, I am writing my essay for my english class and I am really confusing with those verb tenses and wording, would anyone be my tutor for one time? God bless you!

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Here's one quick lesson friend:

I need someone who is good in grammar and are willing to help me with my grammar problem in my essay. I am a Chinese girl, I am writing my essay for my english class and I am really confusing with those verb tenses and wording, would anyone be my tutor for one time? God bless you!

Change "are" to "is" because the subject is singular.

Make "problem" plural ("problems"), since I'm sure you have many grammar problems ;)

And no you are not "confusing" (well actually you are), but what you mean to say is that you are really "confused" :)

God bless you

Maybe you can post your essay here and see if anyone will correct some of it for you.

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011
I can help, I love grammar! You haven't turned the essay in yet, right?

S

Strong1

I can help, I love grammar! You haven't turned the essay in yet, right?
Hilarious!!!

AAAPlus, take a look at when this person first posted this?!!! 3 years ago!!!!! :D

S

Strong1

By now she's fluent! :D

U

Ugly

Hilarious!!!

AAAPlus, take a look at when this person first posted this?!!! 3 years ago!!!!! :D
Also take notice, she's not even a member of the site anymore.

Oct 11, 2012
I'd like to help if you need it. I didn't go to college for grammar or anything, but I consider myself to be pretty good at it! Hope I can help. God Bless!

O

oracle2world

Microsoft Word has a built-in grammar checker, and there are some separate programs available. Aside from being a native speaker of English, that is the only way you are going to produce a decent paper.

Folks writing an English computer translation program estimates there are 18,000 grammar rules in English. Reading books that are commonly used in English literature classes are the way native speakers get a feel for these rules. Only certain books are important. The most important author is Ernest Hemingway. He is acknowledged as having the best overall style of writing. Read and imitate his style, and you will impress people.

Above all, keep your sentences short. Long sentences are a sure fire way to pick out a non-native speaker of English.