I need HELP

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Iron47

Hi im new to this chat room. i have joined for one spisific reason. I need help... I think i am a christian because i started reading bible to my self every night since i was +/-10 years old. Now im 21 and it feels like someone is protecting me like i have been in alot of close call car accedints etc. Lots of times i will just start talking to God and we have entire conversations while i drive. But i feel like when i realy need him, or when i ask him for something, i get no respons from him. When i pray for something for someone else to get better or pass a exam it happens. What am i doing wrong? What do i need to do? What must i do differant?

A

AgeofKnowledge

I'm not sure that you're doing anything "wrong." We ask God in our time and He answers us in His.

Both bad and good exist in this world. One can experience bad without ever doing anything wrong AND it can be allowed to continue. Look at all the pastors that were jailed, persecuted, and even tortured (and in some cases murdered) last century by Communist countries simply for being Christians and sharing the Gospel.

Did they do anything "wrong"? Of course not. Was God not with them simply because sometimes they didn't feel like He was? Of course not. Did God supernaturally arrange for their release from those terrible prisons? Sometimes... but often He simply strengthened them to endure and they ended up being instrumental in leading other prisoners and even guards to Christ.

Is God going to help you pass your exams? Maybe. But I'm sure that He's not going to take them for you.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
it feels like someone is protecting me like i have been in alot of close call car accedints etc. Lots of times i will just start talking to God and we have entire conversations while i drive.
While many hold that faith pleases GOD, and as a over the road truck driver for years I would say that based upon my driving experience that "alot" of close calls as you indicated is a pretty good sign that the driver is an accident waiting to happen unless they identify and eliminate the causation for those "close calls".

Then again, maybe if you would wait til He started the conversation you might be able to better concentrate on your driving.

But i feel like when i realy need him, or when i ask him for something, i get no respons from him.
Off the cuff, maybe your wearing Him out protecting you from all those "close calls" [which you could do for yourself by practing safe driving techniques] Maybe you should ask not what God can do for you but ask what you can for Him. Plus, the Father knows what you need for your good before you ever think to ask, while you might not understand now, with patience and faith you will find that those that place their trust in Him shall not be ashamed.

When i pray for something for someone else to get better or pass a exam it happens. What am i doing wrong?
If your prayers are being answered for others then I would say you got it right.

What do i need to do?
Keep praying...

What must i do differant?
Well, about the best guess I have since really not familar with the details would be for starters try using an "e" when spelling different. Hopefully, you might get a response from another that can help out a better with your request.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
Hi im new to this chat room. i have joined for one spisific reason. I need help... I think i am a christian because i started reading bible to my self every night since i was +/-10 years old. Now im 21 and it feels like someone is protecting me like i have been in alot of close call car accedints etc. Lots of times i will just start talking to God and we have entire conversations while i drive. But i feel like when i realy need him, or when i ask him for something, i get no respons from him. When i pray for something for someone else to get better or pass a exam it happens. What am i doing wrong? What do i need to do? What must i do differant?
Welcome to Christian Chat, Iron47.

The Lord doesn’t automatically give you everything you want. Read this:

[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:34-40 RSV

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
That's neat, Iron :). Well, to start out, I know that you said that you've been reading your Bible, etc. Have you read the words of Jesus, where He says "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes unto the Father but by Me"? Do you accept Jesus as your Messiah (Savior), Iron? He died to save you from your sins; He absolutely adores you and He made that way for you to go to Heaven.

K

kenisyes

Have you asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior? [That's how you become a Christian.]

Have you asked for the Holy Spirit to fill you? [That's where gifts like understanding and knowledge of God's plans come from as well as from the Bible.]

Do you have other people to pray with and share your walk following Jesus? [If not, you can find some here.]

If the answers to those three are yes, than maybe God just wants you to trust Him. Everybody goes through such periods.

Sep 10, 2012
to be a christian you simply need to believe the truth that Jesus is God, turn to Him in love and seek forgiveness, beg for forgiveness from God for your sins, turn from your sins and hate your sins

D

destiny

Only continue praying he is unquestionable God, who did what he want.

F

fegor4christ

GOD CANNOT BE @ FAULT. MY ADVICE IS BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL SOON ANSWER U BUT ALWAYS RUN FROM EVIL i just want u to know this one thing and its from my heart but it is private. du u want to hear it

Apr 14, 2011
Welcome to Christian Chat, Iron47. A word of note, God is not a vending machine. You can't just put a prayer token into God and expect him to do what

you want him to do, it does not work that way. When it comes to tests, the best thing is to pray that you would be prepared for these tests, depending

on that you might pass or fail the test (there are some cases where other factors are involved too).

God is not hindered by time, so in his time or having no time, he can accept the requests and give them a yes, no, or maybe answer to them. As for

those questioning him about those close calls, while that may seem important we need to focus on where he is going when he dies. First of all, if you

have not done so already believe in Jesus Christ with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Do not just do this intellectually but also in the spiritual

component that all of us have called the heart in the Bible. Just reading the Bible does not save anyone, a lot of principles and lessons in the Bible are applicable in

everyday life. After you are saved then is the time to apply them to your life. We would be glad to add you into the family of God, the church and if you do accept it,

those angels will be partying up in heaven when you do and your name will be placed in the Book of Life. God bless.

F

fegor4christ

Beloved God has not forgotten you all you need is growth

F

fegor4christ

I would like us to grow together

Sep 16, 2014
You are off to a good start reading the Bible. Do you believe what you read in the New Testament? Believing it is the next big step. From reading it we all get enough faith to believe, and believing leads us to repenting of sin. You've probably read of the many times that is in the Bible, but it simply means you decide to turn away from choosing to live a "flesh" life, to pursue a life of right-standing before Holy God. When you make that decision in faith believing on Jesus, then you are accounted as being a new person spiritually, "born again", with an inner seal marking you for full salvation. I assume you've tended to that.
Continue to read the Bible, especially the New Testament. Through those words your conversations with God will mature. By the Holy Spirit living in you, you will hear His voice more and more clearly. He will tell you what to pray for, and about, and how. Jesus tells it. John 16:25-28 (KJV)
[SUP]25 [/SUP] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
[SUP]26 [/SUP] At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
[SUP]27 [/SUP] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

[SUP]28 [/SUP] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

It delights the Father for us to come into His presence announcing you pray to Him "by the authority of the name of Jesus I know you hear my prayer. Glorious is your name. Speak freely and boldly. God loves you and wants you to succeed with Him. Relatively few Christians actually pray seriously, and most that do don't do it Jesus' way. Open with praise, like in
Luke 11:2 (KJV) [SUP]2 [/SUP] And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

That was not meant to be a standard prayer. Like that model use your own words, make your prayer personal. He is not interested in a religious prayer. With a pure heart ask for things you have found support for in the Bible. But God also blesses me with much I didn't ask for, but would like to have. Asking on behalf of others is great. Keep in mind though a good idea is to pray God's will is done today on earth. You want to always be a daily part of that goal. As you contribute to that God who knows your needs will supply.

Now go explore the topics in this forum, ask questions, and get your Bible open to offer answers and comments.

Don't neglect to go worship with a local congregation, church meetings where you should be accountable to peers.

B

butterfly712

Hello and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here. :)

U

Ugly

Beloved God has not forgotten you all you need is growth
This thread is from 2012. Please don't bring up old threads, especially in the NEW users section. Also the OP hasn't posted since 2012, so he's no longer active on the site.