I need help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zeno915

Hay I'm not a Christian but recently I've fallen in love with a beautiful girl and she is.
As well as being very traditional so I don't think she would date me if I wasn't Christian but I can't see how god can be out there if there is so much evil and I feel evil inside .

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus is knocking on the door. Receive him into your heart and ask for forgiveness of your sins and He will replace the evil with His everlasting and eternal goodness. After this, take a chance and ask her out for a date. Bring flowers. Christians are not perfect, just forgiven. Experience joy in your heart and a new spiritual outlook on life. It's not so bad. Don't trust me, but rather trust in God. You can do this! The angels in heaven are rooting for you!

K

kennethcadwell

The thing is here is that God does exist, but there is another side to that and that is the devil exists to. The reason you feel so much evil inside is that the devil knows that God is working on bring you in to His fold through this woman you are attracted to. So he is going to pull at you hard to keep you from salvation. The devil pulls at everybody, but those who are being given the chance to be brought into the fold and those that are already Christians he pulls at harder to fool you and make you fall from grace. Don't listen to the evil you feel, but pray for understanding and wisdom.

U

Ugly

If you're considering, even just considering, becoming a Christian just to date this girl, then your intentions won't be right, neither will you be truly converted. You may follow a set of beliefs, but it won't be a sincere change because it won't be true belief.
I suggest forget the girl and if you have any interest in knowing about God, then follow that and leave her out of the equation. Because, and i know you may not grasp this, being a Christian is not just about following a set of rules in a book, it's about an acknowledgement of our wrong doing, the need for forgiveness of it from God and knowing this only comes through Christ and choosing to accept and follow him out of our free will because we understand these previous points. Just accept an belief system is not what becoming a Christian is. Following that belief system is a result of the change inside.
So if you tried to accept what you perceive as just a set of beliefs, without the deeper aspect to it, you will essentially just be a fake, to yourself and to her.

E

Ellsworth

Brother its not hard, pray ---u dont know how ---hummmm . oh Ask! ya and Seek God , none of that is hard ohh Whate it may B hard , But is She the One 4 u , if so . Than its wort u engaging in something Hard!

E

Elijah19

If you're asking "If God why evil?" or "How can there be a God when there is so much evil in the world and my life?", the answer is this...

Mankind is very corrupt, and around 90% of the bad stuff that happens out there is because of our selfish harming of each other and ourselves. That all boils down to free will and choice. God had nothing to do with it other than allowing so that we aren't just puppets on strings. He lets us make our own decisions even at our own expense because he values our freedom to choose. As for the other 10% of the time when evil is a freak accident or illness or natural causes (i.e. when it has nothing to do with our personal choices), this is because mankind brought suffering and death into the world with our original sin of disobedience in the garden of Eden.

Effectively speaking, evil is only and ever the fault of humanity. Not necessarily in a direct fashion,though. We aren't always being punished. We're just living in the world we've chosen. This is why innocent people die who never deserved it.

Plus, God sometimes lets us suffer evil so that we can choose to overcome it and grow stronger. After all, how do you get stronger and grow as a person without adversity and environmental stress? God has a bigger picture, and developing us while letting us make our own decisions is a big part of it. He never causes evil, but only allows it, and will remove it some day.

As for the girl, I am happy to hear that you are in love, and this is a blessed thing. I congratulate you, because I have great respect for lovers who fight for their prospect. Though, as it's been stated, you should come to Christ not for a girl, but for Christ himself because you need his help. Romantic Distance isn't your greatest issue in life. Not having a saving relationship with Jesus Christ is.

Let me make a suggestion... Talk to this girl. Ask her about her faith and have her explain it to you in detail. I make a promise/deal with you now: if she is as Christian as you say, she will not refuse to tell you, and will be more than happy to share with you all the details. Plus (*wink) this could be your chance to kill two birds with one stone and both get saved and get a girlfriend in the same blow. Not a bad deal, huh?

But seriously, I promise you, if she is as Christian and traditional as you've described, I'd bet my life twice over that you could get her into a very long, productive conversation with you over the Gospel.

Just go up to her and ask her to share her faith with you. Seriously, try it. She'd be thrilled. Also, why don't you ask her about the whole "If God why evil" thing.

In fact, just go for it and ask her out to a meal where you just ask her questions about her faith. It's a win-win situation, because you get what you want answered, and you get to go out on a date that I'm sure she won't refuse. ;) ;) ;)

Blessings friend,
---Elijah19

T

TashMeyer76

I hope you find the answer you are looking for Friend. :)