I need ideas on activities and events for young people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Titah

Hey guys!
Aside from sports, debates, retreats and Bible study, what other activities can a youth group engage in? I am a youth official and I feel like we need to do more. Please help?

May 3, 2013
What about scouting? Taking them out, to real nature and involving them in street preaching.

What about teaching them how "to know" impersonated people online, so they won´t be hurt when socializing on FB or those places i don´t visit?

What about teaching them develope their professional attitudes? So they can know what kind of a living they would like to live out, as a Christian?

Regarding matchmaking:

What kind of a person they would like to meet? and how they would know to crack what could be cracked before their hearts could be broken?

C

coachcj

One big problem facing the church is the exodus of young adults out of the faith especially when they go to college or join the professional race. One reason for this is that we engage these young people in many religious activities without helping them to discover their real identity in Christ, and not preparing them well for the real world. Try programs that addresses the real issues they will face in the real world: personal, professional, and relationship development. You can click the link below to get more info on some of our programs for Christian young adults.

Churches:..ZERA Inc.

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
They might like board games.

T

Titah

Good morning!(Well, it's 9 a.m here:))Guys, you've been of great help, thank you all so much. I will submit this list to the rest of the leaders.

R

Roughsoul

Volunteering for places like habitat for humanity or a elderly home or clean up a road, or get together and have grill out concluded with a fire pit telling testimonies and talking about Godly issues.

R

Ringer

How about teaching them Archery, or rifle handling?
Maybe skeet shooting?

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
Hey guys!
Aside from sports, debates, retreats and Bible study, what other activities can a youth group engage in? I am a youth official and I feel like we need to do more. Please help?

Physical activity, that was always loads of fun for me when I was a little girl :D I still like it.

What about:

1)Twister? but you can spray paint a huge area to play outside so many kids can play.
2)I would set up an obstacle course/maze out of cardboard boxes and have bible verses at the end of every dead end.
3)Blindfolded taste testing with things that are Bitter/Sweet/Sour/Squishy/candylike/Hard/Soft/BLAND/...and relate that to stories of the bible or a memory you want to talk about.
4)Writing a letter to someone you hate at school/etc with an encouraging message.