I need prayer and ideas please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jenny712

May 16, 2013
I need to figure out how to get a regular income to support myself so I can move out and be on my own and pay bills and rent and all that sort of jazz. I am 26 years old and I do need to figure out my future. My parents will not be alive forever to look after me and I can't live the rest of my life being a charity case. I can't get a job cause I have no GED and no experience in anything at all. Once those hiring find that out its an automatic no. Can't get my GED cause I have no money to do that. I would do that if I had money to sure but I don't and GED's are not free. Ya there are places that advertise free GED's but they are all scams and you just get a piece of paper that means nothing and does not help you. Plus no experience now nobody told me that would be needed or I would have volunteered a whole lot more as a teenager but I didn't know. Can't change the past though that's gone. Can't volunteer now I need work. Bible says if I don't work I don't eat. And I want to work I really honestly do but as soon as they find out I have no GED and no experience I get turned down. Nothing I can do about that. It's just the way it is. I tried to get on disability cause I have Autism. But the place that diagnosed me says I'm not disabled enough yet another place says I am and they want to re-diagnose me again. I have been diagnosed many times I feel as if I have seen every doctor on the planet. I haven't but that's how it feels. I frankly don't care what my diagnosis is and I would rather not get diagnosed again. Seems like all that these doctors wanna do is just keep putting me under their microscope and diagnose me but not do anything to help me at all. An idea came to me to sell Avon and I thought it was from GOD so I went ahead and started Avon this past Halloween. I really thought it was an answer to prayer cause I was worried about work stopping me from going to Church, Celebrate Recovery and a home Bible study at a friends house. With Avon I can make my own hours so I really thought it was an answer to prayer. Cause I am not willing to miss Church, CR or Bible study for work that's a no I won't do that. The problem is that I have not been paid yet. I have had customers but enough to get paid. Cause it goes through many people before it ever gets to me. First the tax people, then Avon head office, then my district sales manager, then my upline and then me if there is anything left. One lady worked for Mary Kay six months before she was paid anything. And there is a chance that I will never be paid ever for my work. Trouble is there is no way to really truly know that. I could very well just be spinning my wheels here with this thing and get no where. But unless I lie applications or a GED and experience just magically happens poof I will never be hired for anything that's a fact. I can't even start my own business cause one I have no idea what I would do and two the saying you need money to make money is true and I don't have any money. I need practical ideas here. I keep getting alot of cliche's and stuff like that. They are nice to hear but they don't help me at all. Some people quote me Bible verses like the one in Jeremiah that says GOD has plans, hope and a future for me. Well that's great and wonderful but I'm sure GOD does not just want me to just sit here and wait for some miracle He expects me to do something. Thing is I have no idea what to do. I got Christmas money and I got myself a lottery ticket thinkin maybe GOD wants me to win the lottery. I now see how stupid that was but I'm pulling at straws here really and I didn't win of course. So lately I been praying to have a husband to provide for me but that doesn't seem to be happening. So I dunno what the answer is. So please pray for me on this and if you have any practical ideas for me please tell me. And telling me I'm speaking negative stuff and need to be more positive doesn't help. The world says "believe and achieve." That doesn't help me at all. I can believe all I want that there is no gravity but that doesn't mean I achieve anti-gravity. So just prayer and practical ideas please.

May 3, 2013
@ Jenny

"I got Christmas money and I got myself a lottery ticket thinkin maybe GOD wants me to win the lottery."

I still wait to win anything. I like the way you are and, by your age, it was when I started to work, formally.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I would try two things: waiting tables and/or maid service in a hotel/motel. Other than that, you're on your own. You can advertise your services by putting up inexpensive flyers around town. You can pet sit, house sit, clean homes -- anything to get you out there. You can do it, but it will take time and follow-through. Put flyers up all over the place. If you're agressive and consistent, you'll start to get some work.

Once you can save up any money at all, take that GED exam -- you gotta get that.

My prayers are with you.

May 3, 2013
@ Jenny

"...So lately I been praying to have a husband to provide for me but that doesn't seem to be happening...."

This could be wrong!

Allow me to say, very respecfully: I once married for a wrong reason (sex) and that is not love, but selfishness.

Many people in my contry marry for the same wrong reason. Time tells them they were too wrong and I hope you don´t get quickly any children to try to get money from him (or another) you could try to find to be fed with those mouths.

I don´t know how to write this politely, but I don´t want you to be hurt and, thinking that way is risky.

Jenny712

May 16, 2013
I would try two things: waiting tables and/or maid service in a hotel/motel. Other than that, you're on your own. You can advertise your services by putting up inexpensive flyers around town. You can pet sit, house sit, clean homes -- anything to get you out there. You can do it, but it will take time and follow-through. Put flyers up all over the place. If you're agressive and consistent, you'll start to get some work.

Once you can save up any money at all, take that GED exam -- you gotta get that.

My prayers are with you.
I love your idea I really do and I can see how it could help. There are only two problems with it. One is its a law here in my area to not post any flyers at all. I dunno why but that's the way it is and the fine is huge if I break this law. And two even if I could by law here I can't say that I can do that stuff like house sit and all that other stuff cause I have no valid work experience in those areas and that is considered here as false advertising and again the fine for that is huge. So ya I love your idea but its not doable. Any other ideas please??

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
You need work experience to clean a house? Haven't you ever cleaned your own house? Just be honest with anyone you speak with and tell them upfront you have no professional experience but that you've cleaned your own home for years! Too bad about posting flyers -- how do people advertise in your area other than paying for expensive ads in the newspaper? There has got to be some way to get your name out there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg -- try networking through social media -- facebook and twitter, etc. Nothing illegal about that as far as I know. And spread the word -- put an announcement in your church's bulletin, ask the pastor or church staff to get the word out that you're cleaning houses or whatever. Network, network, network. Word of mouth is the best advertising anyway! Yeah, it's tough, but nothing gratifying is ever easy.