I need prayer, please.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LizzieBennet

I've been struggling a lot recently with a lot of the things that have been going on in my life.

Certainly, it's trivial compared to a lot of other things, but that's partially what makes it so horrible.

I'm a chronic procrastinator, and because I do so many things, it's been quite detrimental to the events and things I participate in. I don't have time to practice, or study, or do this or do that, but in reality I just refuse to work on the things that I ought to because of the immediate satisfaction of checking email or chatting online.

It needs to stop, and I've been trying, and praying, but I can't stop.

I don't want to tell anyone because it's just way too embarrassing. I really should have a grip on my life. I really should be able to get my assignments done on time. I do write well, I just leave it off until the day before. So stupidly. I have time to do the things I need to and I waste it.

Please, please pray for me.

Thanks.

U

Ugly

So you've been putting off trying to not procrastinate? hahaha
Not trying to be mean, just kidding around.
My first suggestion to you is to ease up on yourself. You seem to be putting yourself down over this and while i agree it is something that should be worked on, it's not something you need to lower your own value over.

I am a procrastinator myself. Usually people who procrastinate do so because a) they are fearful of proving themselves as capable or b) they have a component to their natural personality that causes them to be this way. or i suppose even c) in some cases it may be a learned behavior.
You admit that there is some impulse control, an aspect i myself share. I am the kind of person that waits till the last minute to do everything.
It's easy to focus on 'this thing that feels good now' especially when the thing that needs done isn't as fun. But when you catch yourself doing this stop yourself and ask 'doing this may feel good now, but how will i feel later? will i still feel good or will i regret and feel bad?'. Bringing consequences to mind, rather than pleasures might help to keep your focus.

But really, give yourself a break. Beating yourself up won't make you do any better and it may actually cause the procrastination become worse. Keep a balanced attitude of recognizing the negative without having it cause you to put yourself down. That is not a reasonable reaction.

L

LizzieBennet

Thanks. But I'm still procrastinating.

U

Ugly

Yes, i know that. The post had ideas to help you. And change takes time and effort. It's not going to be different overnight or just happen quickly but it's going to require you to put forth effort for a while.

M

missy2014

Thanks. But I'm still procrastinating.
honey relax! youre human i KNOW its not alright but work on forgiving yourself its sad to see you give yourself that hard time on yourself. Thats what im working on for with me - forgiving myself see yourself in Christ's eyes not your eyes. In HIs eyes are incredible love the more you speak his truth the stronger youll get drop the 'but im still procrastinating' talk declare his truth ie in his eyes im incredibly loved by him - thats the only way im getting stronger myself

M

missy2014

honey relax! youre human i KNOW its not alright but work on forgiving yourself its sad to see you give yourself that hard time on yourself. Thats what im working on for with me - forgiving myself see yourself in Christ's eyes not your eyes. In HIs eyes are incredible love the more you speak his truth the stronger youll get drop the 'but im still procrastinating' talk declare his truth ie in his eyes im incredibly loved by him - thats the only way im getting stronger myself
hey and at least its not nearly puking alot of the day from either wanting to cry or having an anxious stomach like I did . Its not as bad as you think Im listening to what youre saying but all im saying is relax perhaps ask God why you have stress about this?

D

DyingToSelf

GOD,

give Lizzie peace in her heart, teach her to rest in Your word and grow in her a desire to excel in her studies and an urgency in her life. We believe Your desire for us to reign in life and we pray that You instil in us the right desires to achieve that in Your name. All glory to You and Your finished work.

In Jesus name,
Amen

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus, we pray for lizziebennet, the good thoughts that are arising in the mind, please help to convert them into action, let everywork and good things be done in time, and let there be no wastage of time, please strengthen lizziebennet, and guide, for your glory in lizziebennet's life, AMen

S

sveinen

"simply tell yourself you already made yourself aware you think you want a change"?
GO LOVE!
..maybe you're a blessing in what you're doing?
..possibly High Wants To Spare You from having to de-school you alright.
Saviour Really Something ;)
He Word, bdw. and you're not scoring with world whether sth was named fancy :p
really.
we thinks Christ Wants You :)
go love... :) maybe harder where you're already at..

D

DyingToSelf

Father,

continue to watch over Lizzie. Continue to guard her heart against doubt and oppression. LORD, remind her that her Victory is in You and You alone.

In Jesus most precious name,
Amen