i need some advice to get me and my fiance back happy again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tiff

we both are going through some problems !! i think that he is falling out of love with me .we were soppose to get married but now he change his mind about the wedding date that was set for this year.he said he still want's to marry me but not right now . i feel he pay's me no mind he feel's that were around each other to much.. he like's to go out every chance he get's i rather stay home and be with him ....i just dont know what to do . if i say something to him he talk's to me as if i'm annoying him . if were at work he wont say 2 word's to me some time if we go out 2gather we alway's wind up fighting or aurging i'm getting tired but i love him and wanna make it work but how can i if he dosent try ???? please some one help me

O

OreoSoleil

It's hard -- but you have to focus. Ask God to show you what you need to see --to search your heart. Really focus on yourself and your relationship with God --that truly is the only answer for you. You can't fix it and you can't make anyone stay. But you can take a breather and just seek God now. Your boyfriend may be having doubts -- You must give him space and let him come to grips with what he is dealing with.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
sound like he has someone else, maybe on the job, since there is where he does not say nothing to you , all the sign are there, I could be totaly wrong, yet I have seen the same things happen soo many times and all I can say is ( it's the same act just different people ) but God sees it all, ask God not to let you be deceived and show you why he is acting the way he is. cring over it wont help, just feed the promblem to get worse, because he wont look at it as if you are hurting; just nagging and complaining. and if it is another women ( hopefuly not ) he is only tring to find reason why he don't want you inorder to justify what he is doing to you. you didn't say much and all you did say hit mne right in the heart, and all I heard is " he is cheating " I suggest you leave him alone, just so he may see that he can loose you, don't give him the chance to fall for some one else and then he be the one to walk away, if you do it, it shows you have strength and if he decide he want to stay he will know he can loose him and you are not the one to be playing games with. and you want have this promblem never again from him. no matter what the reason is for him being the way he is right now. and if he is cheating then you don't want him no matter what !!! and as the other member said take care of you and your relationship with God. we can not pray that you and him get better if you have been sining with him, because God do not honour a girl friend- boy friend relationships that unmaritial sex is involve, ( not saying you are, you know) but he will for a marriage. yet we can pray that God's will be done concerning you and him. I pray your eyes be opened and no matter what happens you will have the peace of God .
to do what ever it is to be done for you, and maybe your guy too. so be strong and prepare yourself for a yes or no answer from God. know if the Lord say no, it is not because he love you so much and want nothing but the best for you. so I am prying that the Lord can work things out for you, not that you will sin but that you will be happy.

Feb 27, 2007
buy and read Dobson's marriage book.

G

greatkraw

I have a friend he had 2 broken engagements before he married

better to break an engagement than a marriage

Feb 27, 2007
amen coocaw! I mean greatkraw hee hee... seriously though I recommend James Dobson Love must be tough to anyone who feels powerless in their relationship. Its about changing the way YOU deal with him as opposed to waiting for him to change.

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
Seek greater revelation of God and His beauty.

I would also ask you to consider if this marriage is what God has intended for you. When I ask you to do that it by no means that a marriage that God intends for you will or should be your main source for happiness. It is very important that you know if this is where you are supposed to be, consider that if it is, God intends you to submit to this man. Do you think that you can submit to this man? He is a christian right? Does he take his faith seriously? Does he seek God? If not why would you submit yourself to someone's whose God is vanity?

May the Lord guide your steps.

H

Heart4Him2010

Hello. I know this post has been up for awhile, but I just joined the community here, and I was reading through and found your cry for help. I'd like to tell you a little about what I have experienced with the man I was hoping to marry. I met him 8 years ago. He was charming, he was sweet, he was centered on me all the time. We had our daughter 9 months after we met. Against God, we engaged in a sexual relationship. Naturally we had lived together as well, talking about marriage, and life, and family, and forever. Three years in, things started to change, outside stressors began to take a toll on us, strife was in the air constantly, and I finally moved out. For four long years, I waited for him to get through his "midlife crisis" and stayed at my apartment. I watched him go through 2 girlfriends, one of them was a friend of mine, and through heartache, and disappointment, and feeling failure and rejection, I prayed and prayed for comfort and the ability to forgive him. It took almost 2 years to get past the hurt, but it finally came. It still bothers me, but not as bad. So we decided we could reconsile, we knew we still loved eachother very much, and I started staying at the house again. About 3 months in I let go of my apartment, and moved in completely. 4 months into it, we started fighting again, I know what you are talking about when every word you say to them seems like you are annoying them. So one sunday morning as I am doing the laundry, it got out of hand. You see, he's the one who usually does the yelling, and I am the one who is always prying. I just want him to show mw the respect I deserve, and I don't feel I get it. So we fight. Anyway, he decided it wasn't working out, and trys to pack my things. Needless to say, he had to go through a leagl eviction process, which he and his mother did, since she ownes the house, and I had 3 days to leave. No where to go in that town, I had to quit my job, and come down an hour away to my parents. I do have my own place now, but I just want to say that sometimes, we are so certain its true love, and we do whatever we can to hold on. But sometimes God will take it away bit by bit, to loosen our grasp, so that we my recieve something better. I would like to work it out, but only God knows if we are truly meant to be. Sometimes you have to just let them go, nobody should have to be in a relationship where they have to walk on eggshells. You have a life to live girl, so let tis guy make up his mind. Go where the Lord leads you, and be comforted by him. Leaving is never easy, but sometimes is necessary. My boyfriend, we stayed together, just don't live together, which is good by God's standards, he misses me like crazy now. Sometimes you don't know what you have. But if it's real, they will find their way back. Just be strong, and it will give you an opportunity to gat closer to God than you have ever been. You won't have time to feel lonely or sad, He truly fills you up. May God bless you, hope all goes well. Just remember that if you try to fight against the will of God, he will only let you go for so long.

Jan 22, 2010
The issue is most likely due to a failure in communication and a love-life gone dull. I recommend dinner and a nice hike to work things out.

You need to be creative. It shouldn't be that hard since we're made in the CREATor's image.

In any case, I'm confident the Lord will sort it out. Good luck and God bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iliveforHim

The issue is most likely due to a failure in communication and a love-life gone dull. I recommend dinner and a nice hike to work things out.
You need to be creative. It shouldn't be that hard since we're made in the CREATor's image.
In any case, I'm confident the Lord will sort it out. Good luck and God bless!

Hello there,

I'd like to ask you something, Shalom...I hesitate because I see you're a new Chat Member and I would never want to offend or discourage any one from being here. I'm going to ask, though, because I feel that the young lady who started this thread is looking for guidance, and it bothers me a bit that, being who you earlier said you were, (and I'll quote bellow), you are comfortable giving her the advice just mentioned above:

"
Hello from Vancouver!

Hey Fellow Christians,

My name is John, and I'm happy to meet every single one of you. All of you seem like interesting, insightful people who spend parts of their day networking with other Christians. Jesus is everything good in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever NOT felt the Lord speak to you? I mean, I guess it's fun developing a spiritual life because of our own human needs, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even better than discussing religion on facebook.

Don't be a stranger. Just introduce yourself with your friendliest greeting. I'm pretty much Born-Again. I was captain of the Youth group, and starter of all the sermons. What hobbies do you have, other than reading the Bible? I also got straight A's in Sunday School, and have a close personal relationship with Jesus (He just spoke to me; stuff was SO cash). You are all God's children and should just say no to worldy temptation. Thanks for listening."

So, keeping your intro in mind, I was a bit disapointed by the advice you gave here: " (His inappropriate content was removed).

and:
(quoted inappropriate content removed)

I find this advice in bad taste, specially knowing you're in a Christian chat room and that the young lady who is asking for advice is not married. She's asking for help in her relationship with her fiancee, not her husband.

I truly hope this was an oversight on your part, Shalom. I just know I felt quite uncomfortable when I read your response, considering you were a captain of a youth group, and that you consider yourself a born-again Christian.

Thanks for your input. God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iliveforHim

Snow Angel,

Thank you. Please read the message I recently sent you...

Have a good night.

J

jesus_be4_religion

Sometimes guys can feel smothered too, and he may be scared that if he marries you then you will smother him more. Try backing off just a little more and giving him space guys dont like to talk as much as women do, and they are often annoyed by lets talk. He says he still wants to marry you thats a positive. Don't give up keep praying for your relationship. Put it in Gods hands rather then you always trying to fix things.I will keep you in my prayers

W

Wootie

Make sure this is the man GOD wants you to be with. I feel sometimes that we choose our own partners, when we really should be letting God do it/ Good luck. Get both yourselves deep into the word and maybe that will help.

M

Mammachickadee

Men are funny creatures, Tiff. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally they can turn their brains off at the drop of a had and zone in on something in particular. It can seem like he doesn't value you, your opinion, or share your values anymore... but chances are he's preoccupied with something. Here are some things that I find help my husband open up to me.
1. Don't play a defensive victim. The last thing a man wants to hear when he feels shut up inside himself is a whining attack on him or his neglect of you.
2. Ask him if the two of you can talk about something that is troubling you before jumping in with both feet. A calm approach usually leads to a more harmonious outcome.
3. Don't enter a discussion of the issues with the assumption that you already know what's going on. Not all men who are seemingly changed before marriage are cheating... and not all cheating men seem to change. Some cheaters are the most devoted husbands or wives on earth at home and can talk their way through anything if the heat gets turned up.
4. Just comment on your observation and ask him if he needs to talk about it. Being a nurturer usually wins them over in the end. If he is doing something wrong, he MAY (often not) seem a little upset when you are nice because it makes him feel uncomfortable for being the scusbag in the relationship. If you remain static no preventable mistake will be caused by your acting on your emotions.
5. Respect your differences and individuality, but remind him that you would appreciate the benefit of his ear for even as little as 5 minutes. Don't be sarcastic... just direct. lol You would be amazed how men are felled by a woman who will not beat around the bush.
6. Rely on the Lord to fill in the gaps. Your husband is guaranteed to fail you at some point because he's human and invariably selfish at some point. Always remember that you are responsible for what you do and you can't make his decisions to be mature and considerate for him. Be prepared for unmet expectations and be ready to give them to the Lord instead of letting them fester into discontentment
7. When you fail to be the loving spouse/girlfriend, confess it to him and to the Lord and seek advice from both of them on how you could have expressed your desires better. Don't sweat the small stuff. Be open to being wrong, and objective when situations like this crop up. I read once that "women are crock pots and men are microwaves". As comical as the comparison seems... meat will get prepared no matter what the method of cooking and you will have to reap the consequences.

U

Ugly

Men are funny creatures, Tiff. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally they can turn their brains off at the drop of a had and zone in on something in particular. It can seem like he doesn't value you, your opinion, or share your values anymore... but chances are he's preoccupied with something. Here are some things that I find help my husband open up to me.
1. Don't play a defensive victim. The last thing a man wants to hear when he feels shut up inside himself is a whining attack on him or his neglect of you.
2. Ask him if the two of you can talk about something that is troubling you before jumping in with both feet. A calm approach usually leads to a more harmonious outcome.
3. Don't enter a discussion of the issues with the assumption that you already know what's going on. Not all men who are seemingly changed before marriage are cheating... and not all cheating men seem to change. Some cheaters are the most devoted husbands or wives on earth at home and can talk their way through anything if the heat gets turned up.
4. Just comment on your observation and ask him if he needs to talk about it. Being a nurturer usually wins them over in the end. If he is doing something wrong, he MAY (often not) seem a little upset when you are nice because it makes him feel uncomfortable for being the scusbag in the relationship. If you remain static no preventable mistake will be caused by your acting on your emotions.
5. Respect your differences and individuality, but remind him that you would appreciate the benefit of his ear for even as little as 5 minutes. Don't be sarcastic... just direct. lol You would be amazed how men are felled by a woman who will not beat around the bush.
6. Rely on the Lord to fill in the gaps. Your husband is guaranteed to fail you at some point because he's human and invariably selfish at some point. Always remember that you are responsible for what you do and you can't make his decisions to be mature and considerate for him. Be prepared for unmet expectations and be ready to give them to the Lord instead of letting them fester into discontentment
7. When you fail to be the loving spouse/girlfriend, confess it to him and to the Lord and seek advice from both of them on how you could have expressed your desires better. Don't sweat the small stuff. Be open to being wrong, and objective when situations like this crop up. I read once that "women are crock pots and men are microwaves". As comical as the comparison seems... meat will get prepared no matter what the method of cooking and you will have to reap the consequences.

This post is 3 years old and Tiff is no longer a member of the site.

A

Adeyezra

My boyfriend left me for school with a 6 months old baby. We are both believers in Christ, yet he never asked me to marry him. He actually tells people we are just friends. What is the Christian thing to do?