I pay homage to the Salvation Army

• Thread starter morefaithrequired
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

If there is one denomination that deserves applause it is the Salvos.
I might have joined through my interest in brass bands. Euponium and Tuba. But never did.
I distinctly remember them visiting rough pubs collecting money for the poor. How do I know? Because I was in drinking myself to oblivion. Such hedonistic days.
And recently ive seen them at early morning coffee shops. Two of them. Bible on the table. Taking notes. Planning the day perhaps. The salvos do a lot of coal face social work.
Salvos .Christians in Action. Living the Gospel. What role models they are!
And to think i could have played in their band!😀

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The difference betwen their op shops and all others ins other op shops will play 'we built this city on rock and roll' or music from the last century, but the Sallies will have christian music in theirs and they always have free Bibles. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Hello, Salvation Army."

"Hey, is it true that y'all save bad girls there?"

"Yes sir it is."

"Well could you save me one for this Saturday night?"

*hang up

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
I like stories of early days...
- When it was 'The Christian Mission / East London Christian Mission'.