I Truly Understand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MadParrotWoman

I always wondered what was meant by us being made "in the image of God", I wondered if it meant God is human form but I don't believe He is, Jesus was and is and I guess He had to be to fit-in and mingle with us here on earth.

I watched the movie "The Perfect Wave" and was intrigued by this true story of Ian McCormack's brush with death and NDE. Let me make this clear - I don't believe that all NDE are true, I like to analyse and think about them first and I find the Tom Burpo (Heaven Is For Real) story to be suspect but I'm no expert on these things and my opinion is no better than the next person's. Nevertheless, I am intrigued by testimonies such as these. Heaven and Hell are mysteries and one that I believe all Christians are curious about.

Ian McCormack's story seems to me to be an honest account of his NDE - one thing is for sure there is no doubt he was stung 5 times by box jellyfish (survived MUCH longer than one is supposed to when stung only once) whilst diving at night and was ready for the morgue before regaining consciousness after having been given-up for dead. Ian's testimony is interesting in that he says that God is spirit and ultimately that is what we are, we die but our spirit remains. It is what and who we choose in life that determines where our spirit ends up. I have always wondered if God was human form or spirit and have leaned on the opinion of Him being spirit. Ian's testimony seems to confirm this.

If you haven't heard this testimony here is the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4188Ii-fg apologies for the dodgy sound in places, again it's worth it as this was the first recording of it also a warning - it is long. If you haven't already I urge you to watch the movie - it's a bit slow but it's worth it as you near the end, it ends with what became of Ian. I know not everyone believes in NDE's so this is just my opinion - it won't be everyone's.

So yes at last I truly understand what is meant by us being made "in the image of God".

Dec 12, 2013
Awesome as some things are wonderfully deep, and most barely scratch the surface during their entire life when it comes to the knowledge of the truth and understanding what the scriptures teach!

A

Anneliese

Thank you for sharing that video! Perfect timing on Mother's Day.