i wanna be a christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lizziesilas

hi im lizzie, and im new here.... im not a christian but i was really hoping this site well help me to become one.........

W

wwjd_kilden

hi Lizzie and welcome to the site!

If you got any questions, ask, we'll try to answer

(and don't get scared by the bible discussions , people get carried away now and then :p)

May 20, 2010
Hi Lizzie,

You've come to the right place. CC isa great place in finding out and gaining a relationship with God.

J

jimmydiggs

Hello Lizziesilas, Welcome to CC.

I'm probably not the best of people to introduce you to the workings of Christianity.

L

LukeManUFan

Lizzie you defiantly come to the right place there defiantly people who help I just want to say that Jesus loves you

Apr 20, 2010
God bless you Lizzie. Becoming a Christian? Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 ""Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Being a "Christian"is really about having a relationship with God through Jesus, who is God the son. You see, all of us have sinned. We lie. We steal. We covet. We want others for our the purpose of pleasing ourselves. We put ourselves on the throne of our lives. We want to do what we want to do to please ourselves. God created us, & He created us to have a relationship with Him. He wants us to love Him & honor Him. He told us in His word in Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (This is also stated in other places in the Bible). He wants us to love Him & put Him 1st in our lives with all that we are & all that we have, because all these things came from Him to begin with. He also wants us to "love your neighbor as yourself" (Stated in Leviticus 19:18 & other places in scripture). The problem is, we fail in this, & it only takes one failure to separate us from god, As shown in Genesis 3 when Adam & Eve sinned only once, & this one sin was enough to separate them from God. God himself chose to come to earth & pay the price for our sins. This was (& still is) Jesus. He was born sinless, lived a sinless life, & died for the purpose of making an end to sin's power to separate us from Himself & the Father. Jesus wants you to turn from living for yourself (This by itself is sin, because it states in scripture that whatsoever is not of faith is sin in Romans 14:23). He wants you to turn to Him, & love Him, & let Him direct your life. It says in Matthew16:25 "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." It says in Romans 10:9 "That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." It says in Romans 10:13 & Joel 2:32 "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” I am leaving you a link to a site that goes into a bit more detail. This was written by J. Vernon McGee many years ago, & this lays it out well. Please contact me if you like. If you come to the chatrooms, There are many that would be glad to talk with you. You have come to a great site. There are many loving people here who desire your very best. http://www.keepthepromise.org/docs/inside.pdf

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2010
By the way Lizzie, Jesus did this out of His love for us. It says in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,f that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." We are told in Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." He loves us Lizzie, & wants us to live with Him forever. He loves you Lizzie so much that if you were the only one who needed it, He would have done it just for you. God bless you.

N

NandehRu

hi lizzie! welcome to cc. be blessed

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
lizzie hi welcome to christian chat.

Dec 19, 2009
Welcome to CC, Lizziesilas.

It would seem to me that if you want to be a Christian, then you ARE a Christian. I would encourage you to read the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the Bible and learn what Jesus told us while he was on earth.

M

moopoo1

thinking about becoming a christian
this is how i see it my love...
whilst on a plane (your life journey) at some point you will need to get off (die). Before you die you have some choices to make, in order to make a safe jump you will need a parachute(Jesus). You can jump and well if you really could take the risk that in your own mind up at 30 thousand feet you might survive but are you really going to risk it. Why take the risk.. you cannot really know what it will be like to give your life to God by accepting his son until you have done it.. you dont need any preparation at all.. you dont need to quit smoking or get out of drugs first, you simply come as you are.
What is really stopping you, maybe you think that the lifestyle of a christian wouldnt suit you that you enjoy the drinking, sex and rock and roll... but I can testify that having a relationship with God beats all of the above.. to be filled with the Holy spirit tops any experience you could possibly imagine.. You think might things will be boring but let me tell you I have never had so much fun..
He comes to meet with you, to heal your wounds to show why he decided to make you.. to reveal to you the many gifts that have been placed in you for his purposes.
If you are still thinking that , well quite frankly I am a good person and that will gain me a heavenly ticket, what measure do you use?... really?...If God is Holy and pure and only the Holy and pure can enter into his kingdom, with all the lustful thoughts, little white lies, you maybe stole something when you were young... if you really where to look into a mirror what would you actually see?..This would be the bad news, but guess what ?!!! .. that is why God sent his son to pay the price of those sins that would have resulted in your eternal death, an eternity separated from God.
He loves you so much.. he longs to come into a relationship withyou.. he knows the amount of hairs on your head, he obsesses over you. He knitted you together in your mothers womb.
Now that you know the Good news what are you going to do...I have i think laid it out very clear as to be there be no doubt.. you have a choice to make.. you do not know when your time is out and your plane has run out of fuel.. are you going to leave it.. really... are you just barking mad??.. come on my love.. let me come along side you and pray with you now to take a leap of faith and enter dancing into a new life where things will never be the same again..
The bible says... confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the grave and you will be saved.. it is that simple ,.. it really is.. so my dear start today .. dont wait another moment..
if you feel you dont how to start.. here is a little prayer you can follow

Dear Lord
Thank you for dying for me, thank you that you have paid the price for my sin. Today i make a decision to live for you. I confess that you are Lord of my life and i do believe that God raised you from the grave. Thank you that i am now saved and set free from the kingdom of darkness and entered into the kingdom of God. Help me live each day in your ways, and draw me to close to you by your Holy spirit.
amen

Now my love go live your life to the full.. get stuck into your bible and be fed daily.. make Jesus youre main focus..and you cannot go wrong.
im so excited for you and long to hear from you and pray also. Come visit my page and we can have fellowship, i will wait..
much love and blessings
mandi xxx

B

bbeauty

welcome to cc lizzi, and congrats for the choice you hv made. this is the right place for you to grow in faith.
bless you!!!

D

Duggar

Welcome to CC! Lizzie!!! :)

A relationship with God is the most important thing in life. We recommend you listen to ‘Hell's Best Kept Secret’, this audio message from Ray Comfort will help you understand the big picture of Christianity. Also, start reading the book of John in the Bible and ask God to speak to you through it. You can be forgiven for everything you have done wrong and Jesus loves you no matter what mistakes you have made! The Bible says, "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9) Tell God that you are making a choice to forgive those that have hurt you in your life and that you desire to repent, to leave the self-centered life that you have been living. Then ask Him to become the center of and take control over your life and make you a new person. He promises He will... and it's FREE!
People don't go to heaven because they are good, because everyone has done things wrong. We go to heaven because we have been forgiven! Jesus paid the penalty for our sin. That is what people call being 'saved'. We are saved from Hell. You still will be ashamed of the mistakes you have made, but the guilt will be gone because you are forgiven! God wants you to go back to people you have done things wrong to and ask for forgiveness for what you have done, telling them you have committed your life to Jesus and you now want to live for Him. You will still make mistakes in the future, but daily pray to God and He will lead you. Find a Church to plug into in your area that teaches the Bible (we attend a Southern Baptist Church), they can lovingly help lead you in your walk with Jesus Christ. We pray God will do a great work in your life. We also recommend the free Daily Success email that is packed full of God’s wisdom. It will encourage and challenge you in your daily walk with God.

J

johaannaa-a

Hi Lizziesilas, welcome to CC! :)