I Want To Believe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeker6113

ok here it is in other words.

A person, lets say around the age of 20, worships the devil, because he has grown up around people that worship the devil and tell how good the devil is. Remember that satanics also believe there is a God, and there was a Jesus. So, growing up in a satanic family, being teached only satanic ways, are they innocent, because they do not know, even if they know there is God?

C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

ok here it is in other words.

A person, lets say around the age of 20, worships the devil, because he has grown up around people that worship the devil and tell how good the devil is. Remember that satanics also believe there is a God, and there was a Jesus. So, growing up in a satanic family, being teached only satanic ways, are they innocent, because they do not know, even if they know there is God?
My same remarks would apply, minus the stuff about a child.

B

BouyertheDestroyer

My same remarks would apply, minus the stuff about a child.
What if someone is of a different religion because of how they were raised? Let's say, for example, a Bhuddist who is 20 does not believe in God because of how he was raised. Will this person go to hell? Also, would he deserve it if he does get sent to hell?

I, too, am questioning the stories about God.

M

machew

Seeker6113:
If you are afraid of being deceived, ask God to reveal who Jesus really was. When you pray explicitly say, "I am talking to the one and only true God. I want to truly know who You are. I humbly ask You to show me and to protect me from the deception of the devil so that I can truly know You. I need to know if Jesus is God. Amen!" If you believe in God then this shouldn't be a stretch for you. If you ask Him to show you, He will. It may not be in your timing but He surely will reveal Himself to you. I wasn't sure until I had an encounter with Him. If that is what you need as well, I am sure He will meet you where you at like He did with me :)

Blessings,

Machew

Last edited:
C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

What if someone is of a different religion because of how they were raised? Let's say, for example, a Bhuddist who is 20 does not believe in God because of how he was raised. Will this person go to hell? Also, would he deserve it if he does get sent to hell?

I, too, am questioning the stories about God.
I still think my previous reply (post #20) answers this.

Usually behind such questions lies the sentiment either that (a) persons are basically good or (b) God, to be fair, must provide everyone with, at the very least, an equal opportunity to be saved (or else it is a combination of (a) and (b)). Both are false.

As I already said, all men have sufficient knowledge of God to condemn them. Persons go to Hell not because God didn't give them sufficient opportunity to be saved, but because they are rebellious sinners. God is not obligated to save anyone, otherwise salvation would not be an act of grace.

No one disbelieves simply because of "how he [or she] was raised," as you put it. Scripture teaches that persons disbelieve because "by their unrighteousness [they] suppress the truth [of] what can be known about God [which] is plain to them, because God has shown it to them" (Romans 1:18-19; my own reconstruction).

S

sportygirl

In the old testemant there were groups of people who were raised beliveing other things than God. These people would fit into your caregory of people who are 20 or more that were raised in a different religion or following satan. These people were against God so in many senses God was against them. In the book of judges it shows several times when the Isrealites go against God and worship other God's, this was something that God did not want.

Than in Joshua 24:20-If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then he will turn and do you harm, and comsume you, after having done you good.

I think that speaks to worshiping other God's and God's view of it and its innoncence. If you are worshiping satan or any other God you are not innoncent. In my mind there is a certain age, where a person can make their own decesisions about their faith and what they choose to follow before that yes they may be considered innoncent in God's eyes (although I can not say this for certain). But I would say a 20 year old worshipping Satan or any other God is not innocent in God's eyes.

T

tmaria326

hey there, you know you can always believe and trust our almighty lord. i know. My father passed away when i was nine years old and now i am 15 years old. i always wondered why? what happend? i dont understand? i know everything happens for a reason but what reason is this? but i have believed in jesus christ ever since i was born. but for a short while. i was unsure. now this year i have been going to a different church and so much happier, got to understand more, and have so much more respect for life. i know i am only 15 years old but i now know our lord jesus christ has many plans for us, right now i have a dislocated knee but already popped back in. i had to go to the ER but i try to be positive. alot of people who do not believe and trust our lord ask WHY DOES THIS HAPPeN TO ME, I DONT GET IT. but being positive isthe key. i always thought of it as god is trying to giveus a test, to see how strong we are, to know that e will never give up in believeing him, and people like me who had lost someone or just anyone who had suffered with pain, from the inside out can help others who is happening to them now. that is why i became a christian. i believed i can somhow try and try again to improve my trust in him. and to know he is there with us, we praise him, we dont have to praise somtimes for him to hear us praying and needing help. cause, us christians will sacrifice our lives for the lord, and just to give back to him for what he had done for us, anyways i hope this helped please visit my site, its just a site where we can talk, and learn more about eachother. and again i am 15 years old and i made this site to help others and to touch others heartand just hopfully help them when they need the help, and i also have a prayers request for my update so please if you have a prayers request please do tell so, ill be glad to pray for you. my site. Home - Maria Tagashira :)
thank you
http://mariatagashira326.webs.com/

Last edited: