I want to share an answered prayer with everyone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

drjshow

This isn't a major deal...it's kinda silly really...but it's on my mind and some of you might enjoy it.

My family and I live on a lake out in the country. Yesterday, our family dog (a black lab) managed to catch a baby squirrel. Not a newborn, but not full grown either. Anyway, my wife saw him running through the yard holding the little thing in his mouth and throwing it around like a stuffed toy. She yelled for me in the house. I told her it was probably best to let him go ahead and finish the job, since there was no way for that little squirrel to survive the teeth and being tossed around like that by an 80 pound dog. But she wouldn't listen.

I made the dog drop him, and it was flopping around like either it's back legs or back was broken. I, again, told her that it would probably be humane to put it down. But she didn't want to. So I told her to get me a couple of towels and a pet carrier. I looked at the injured little squirrel while she was gone and said a short prayer that went something like this: "Lord, I know this is silly to pray for a little squirrel. But since it's still alive and we're going to try to save it, would you please look after it and give it a chance to live?"

I picked it up, wrapped it in a towel since it was shaking (I'm sure it was in shock) and told my wife that I was sure it would have severe internal injuries and it appeared that it's back legs or back may be broken, but we would give it some water and keep it warm. My wife held it in a towel most of last night and then we put it in the pet carrier overnight.

This morning, it was jumping around and "barking"...as well as eating and pooping (apparently, not the internal injuries I feared). If it is still that way when we get home, I think we can release it back to the wild (away from my dog, haha).

Again, just a silly story...but this morning I remembered that I had prayed for the little squirrel and it reminded that God is able to answer prayers both large and small.

Amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou for sharing this, it brought a smile to my day and heart. :)
Asking in Jesus's name, the little squirrel continues to improve.

God bless
pickles