I was raised diffrent...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AllysonRose

okay so idk if any of yall feel this way or have a similar story, but i was raised in a VERY serious home. My mom refused to lie to me because my dad had left and she didnt want me to get hurt so when Christmas or Easter came around i was the only 6 year old in my class telling everyone else that Santa and the bunny were not real. Idk. I just wonder sometimes, am I the only serious 16 year old, I know people always say, "girls are more mature anyways." but im like a 20 year old in a 16 year old body. I just wonder if any other teens feel the same way I do, and if there is anyone who would lik to talk sometime. I'll warn you I like to get into deep conversation but I can have fun also.

God Bless, and Loads of love[=

Allyson-rose.

M

Matthew

I can relate to this thinkng back to my upbringing and the seemingly endless torture of my teenage years.....I will say that age is not that relevant as I deal with this now sometimes, although it gets better as you get older, life has a way of making people get serious.

Sadly most homes have a lack of discipline and homes that do have good discipline are a minority therefore kids rasied in those homes often feel like they are not part of the 'norm'.
I was raised by christian parents, one of whom would also be considered a very strict teacher and I'd call him a disciplinarian.....as a result of all this I considered myself more mature than almost everyone I came across and it wasn't until I got older I realised being serious and better behaved because of upbringing is not maturity, it just looks like it when you are surrounded by others who aren't so serious and well-behaved.

I always felt I was missing out and I felt excluded because I couldn't seem to relate to people my own age, being serious is generally a good thing and having good mental discipline will serve you well in the future.

I hope some of that helped. ;)

V

Vidy

I'm totally confused as to whether I'm "mature" or not, because I really believe I act mature, ESPECIALLY compared to everyone my age and even many older than me. However, my parents are always on about how I'm "not mature yet" and stuff. I really hate when people make "maturity" and "age" synonymous.

But anyway, I supposed I'm mature for my age, too. I don't have to be told to get work done. As far as housework goes, I clean a mess as soon as I make it, and I'm assigned a daily chore that I get done. I don't cuss or "party" or do anything normally associated with a teenager. I'm respectful (though there's one woman who'd disagree XD), but I'll come to you (alone) if I disagree with you and communicate how I feel in a non-harsh tone. I don't yet have a job, but I applied for a summer job at the college I'm going to.

I can't think of anything else that would signify maturity... If I've missed the point, please tell me and I'll work on it XD

But yeah, I don't feel too out of place. I find friends and can speak on their level, and even though they may not understand me and my actions all the time, they're good friends =)

I honestly think teens have been "down-played" in recent years. Teens are now "I'm still a kid, I should do I want and have FUN!@!@#!" instead of "I'm about to be an adult, I should get ready." And the way rules and regulations are set up, it actually SUPPORTS the first idea, and discourages wise decisions in the teen years. There's not much you can do, but... yeah =/

So what's the point of this thread again? I have a feeling I'm missing it XD

M

Matthew

I'm totally confused as to whether I'm "mature" or not, because I really believe I act mature, ESPECIALLY compared to everyone my age and even many older than me. However, my parents are always on about how I'm "not mature yet" and stuff. I really hate when people make "maturity" and "age" synonymous.
The two things aren't synonymous but I will say that anyone who makes a point of saying how mature they are......isn't mature yet. :)

J

jimmydiggs

okay so idk if any of yall feel this way or have a similar story, but i was raised in a VERY serious home. My mom refused to lie to me because my dad had left and she didnt want me to get hurt so when Christmas or Easter came around i was the only 6 year old in my class telling everyone else that Santa and the bunny were not real. Idk. I just wonder sometimes, am I the only serious 16 year old, I know people always say, "girls are more mature anyways." but im like a 20 year old in a 16 year old body. I just wonder if any other teens feel the same way I do, and if there is anyone who would lik to talk sometime. I'll warn you I like to get into deep conversation but I can have fun also.

Allyson-rose.

I'm much more mature than almost any person my age I have met in person, sometimes more mature than the 20 year olds I know.

Dec 12, 2009
The two things aren't synonymous but I will say that anyone who makes a point of saying how mature they are......isn't mature yet. :)
This is SO TRUE! So many people I know claim to be mature... but oh man.. As fer me, I say only that I act my age, and that my maturity goes 'ccordingly. I aint professing that I am mature, Ive gotta lotta room to grow.

L

Love009

See thats the thing Idk I guess I'm just strange but I can act like the stupidest person on the face of the planet but than again I can have the deepest conversations to the point where some people don't even follow. I love to act crazy and immature but there are times for that and times to be serious and deep about things. So I guess it varies for me :D

Dec 12, 2009
See thats the thing Idk I guess I'm just strange but I can act like the stupidest person on the face of the planet but than again I can have the deepest conversations to the point where some people don't even follow. I love to act crazy and immature but there are times for that and times to be serious and deep about things. So I guess it varies for me :D
And to me, that is perfect. You are serious when you need to be, and you are crazy when you need to be. You are also one of my bestest friends, and light up my day. Love you lovely

J

jesusfreak0016

im like an 8 year old in a 17 year old body,im pretty immature at times, but when it comes to God and serious things, i get pretty serious!

O

OwnReason4

haha, your awesome... I'm the same way... I'm 19 but everybody still tells me I'm very mature for my age... I try to not let it sink in because I don't like pridefulness or anything. But i see it happening in advice I give and how i live my life. Other areas I'm just a normal teen like everyone is. But aspects of my personality are different. You can talk with me any time. I'd love to chat with you about stuff.

A

AllysonRose

"I honestly think teens have been "down-played" in recent years. Teens are now "I'm still a kid, I should do I want and have FUN!@!@#!" instead of "I'm about to be an adult, I should get ready." And the way rules and regulations are set up, it actually SUPPORTS the first idea, and discourages wise decisions in the teen years. There's not much you can do, but... yeah =/"

I COMPLEATLY agree with that Viddy! ab=nd thats the prob.. im so ready to be an adult and im prepared for my future but because of my agepeople automatically assume m not serious about life but i really am.

And TY to everyone else!! Glad to know i have people i can talk towho feel the same!!

S

swimlove2029

Allyson-rose.
yea you were basically closely raised to me. i <3 talking to people who arent dumb cause i go to a school filled with them!