I was watching a TV show last night Westboro Baptist Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

peterT

I was watching a TV show last night about Westboro Baptist Church.

God hates fags, and God hates troops, and hates adultery .

Question, if a gay stops being gay will he go to heaven. I think not “NO”

If an American troop stops being an American troop is he saved from hell?.
“NO” I think not

If them that do Adultery stop doing Adultery are they saved?, NO I think not.

Can’t help think they are going about it all the wrong way. A little bit too much OT and not enough NT, not enough love.

It reminds me of this verse

Matt3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

We need to get to the root of the tree which is unbelief which is the biggest sin of all.

Jesus saved the woman from getting stoned to death. Which was rightly Jew to her according to the law of the land, and the laws of Moses to be stoned to death.

Jesus and the Woman Taken in Adultery

John 8:33And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more

After saving her life from being stoned to death Jesus tells her to go and sin no more.

You did not see Jesus hating fags troops or them that do Adultery but rather doing something good for them that they may be saved and come to the knowledge of the lord.

Too much OT and not enough NT not enough love.

It funny. How does one become a false prophet? by not knowing the scriptures enough.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
They omit the fundamental message of Christianity which is the good news of God's grace and love demonstrated through Christ's death, burial, and resurrection to redeem man and bestow eternal life to those who believe.

With that, I consider them a hate group camouflaging as Christians.

Instead of making ridiculous signs such as "God hates this, God hates that", they should make signs with these:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 3:23-24 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead
, thou shalt be saved.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Their evangelistic outreach will be fruitful and pleasing to God if they repent and change their message.

Last edited:

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
...A little bit too much OT and not enough NT, not enough love...

...Too much OT and not enough NT not enough love...

It funny. How does one become a false prophet? by not knowing the scriptures enough.
You managed to cut off the branch your sitting on quiet well.

If you think that the OT is not all about the same love as the NT you're certainly "not knowing the scriptures enough".

Think again. And do it right.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
We are to love the sinner, but hate the sin which is the pattern set forth by God in sharing the message of hope & His love to us.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

We are to preach the Good News, not the condemnation of sinners, and it is certainly a false witness by citing God as hating sinners when He has shown His love for us while we were sinners.

So we are to love the sinner to tell them the Good News, but hate the sin so that believers will look to Him to deliver them from their sins.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free....36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Salvation has been obtained by believing in Him: now having been reconciled by God through Jesus Christ, we can live that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ in being His disciple so that we may bear fruit and that our joy may be full.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Moses killed an Egyptian OT
David had someone killed OT
Paul persecuted and killed NT
Under the old testament they'd been stoned
Notice how grace changes things

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Sorry, I am out of the loop, but what's a 'troop'?

R

rauleetoe

There is one thing you can be sure of..as Whack as the Westboro baptists are..they are merely consistent to the doctrine of 5 calvinism..
if only more calvinists would be as bold as they are and have the integrity to take 5 point calvinism to it's theological conclusion..which is that God does not love all men,and that he forordained some to go to hell and its ok to be hatefull to those who are 'not of God' After all, they imitate the father of their faith and Hero John Calvin quite well.

T

Tintin

Calvinism has some serious issues with their doctrine. God doesn't foreordain people to go to Hell. He provides his grace for all but not all receive it (because some reject his hope and forgiveness). God is sovereign and he made us with free will. It's a godly paradox.

As for Westboro Baptist Church, the Law is their religion but they forget the rest of the story, being God's grace. God is the same as his always been. Now, we just live under the New Covenant which has been fulfilled by Christ Jesus.