I wrote a Letter to my Free Will

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Wow. Thank you for sharing, but I must be exhausted as I can't quite follow things. Sorry. :(
What does this say

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Well it says God found no suitable Animal helper for Adam at first, then he created woman for him

Which means before the fall God did not know what man needed next

Because after the fall God says this

When you pray God knows what you need before you ask him.

Before the fall God did not know the animals would be a suitable helper.

Which means after the fall God knows what you do before you do it, because God says this after the fall when you pray I know what you need before you ask

Calvinism says man was chosen to be saved before the fall.

But Adam was saved before the fall.

Calvinism says God was all knowing about man before the fall.

But this proves different, because calvinism say God decided who to save before the fall.

But know man was saved before the fall.

Adam Adam saved before the fall.

Then after the fall God decided to save Adam.

This is the true word of God

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
ok well she was once again condemning me personally over believing on the true word of God.
Thunderrr . . . I am abundantly sorry for what I said. Had I known that Magenta was referring to you, I wouldn't have said what I said. I don't want you to be discouraged, but instead, I encourage you to continue to engage with me as we continue with this thread. You are the only one contributing at this point, so I say again, please do not be discouraged . . . I believe in you.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Thunderrr . . . I am abundantly sorry for what I said. Had I known that Magenta was referring to you, I wouldn't have said what I said. I don't want you to be discouraged, but instead, I encourage you to continue to engage with me as we continue with this thread. You are the only one contributing at this point, so I say again, please do not be discouraged . . . I believe in you.
I'm not discouraged its ok.

I'll add you to my friends list,

It's good to know God's will for us

I Do Have a problem with dispensationalism

They've split dispensation into 7 eras.

Well the first era there beliefs quote God only gave man one law, don't eat of the tree.

Well no he gave two.

Man shall not live alone 😊

In regards to magenta I'm still her friend.

Anyhow what I'm tackling Is proving Gods will that fatalism doesn't exist

Which sadly it's being blindly encouraged.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
In regards to magenta I'm still her friend.
My goodness, I am very, very impressed by your understanding heart. I am instantly reminded of Jesus, to be honest. :)

For these six or seven years, I stopped studying anything other than the Word of God. I used to study the thoughts and ideas of other people, but when the Lord woke me up, I realized that I was being distracted by the thoughts of others instead of yearning for the thoughts of my Lord and Savior. :)

So, I have been focusing only on the Word of God for years, trusting that He will lead me through His Story, and throughout the remaining years of my life, He will continue to correct me where I am wrong. Putting 100% focus on the Word of God instead of what others think, I can't recommend enough that others do the same. Yes, I do come here and speak with you folks, but that's because I can actually ask clarifying questions, whereas I cannot do that with a book, video, audio recording, etc.

Ok, onward to 12 hours of study today! Enjoy this Sunday!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In his fallen state, man will never choose righteousness precisely because he does not desire it.
In regards to his will, it is enslaved to his sinful nature. I wonder why people argue against this.
I also wonder why anyone would say God did not know man was gong to sin. Well, obviously
that question is easy to answer. I find no wisdom in arguing against the omniscience of God.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
My goodness, I am very, very impressed by your understanding heart. I am instantly reminded of Jesus, to be honest. :)

For these six or seven years, I stopped studying anything other than the Word of God. I used to study the thoughts and ideas of other people, but when the Lord woke me up, I realized that I was being distracted by the thoughts of others instead of yearning for the thoughts of my Lord and Savior. :)

So, I have been focusing only on the Word of God for years, trusting that He will lead me through His Story, and throughout the remaining years of my life, He will continue to correct me where I am wrong. Putting 100% focus on the Word of God instead of what others think, I can't recommend enough that others do the same. Yes, I do come here and speak with you folks, but that's because I can actually ask clarifying questions, whereas I cannot do that with a book, video, audio recording, etc.

Ok, onward to 12 hours of study today! Enjoy this Sunday!
you'll have to let me know what your studying tim,
I may wish to join in with you.

Regards jay

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
you'll have to let me know what your studying tim,
I may wish to join in with you.

Regards jay
Well friend, I am following the Blue Letter Bibles 365 Day, timeline, chronological study. I painstakingly have taken their entire NLT audio Bible and arranged each Days chapters into one recording. For example, Day 290 included the audio for Matthew 14, Mark 6, and Luke 9. Each Day's recording is sent out each morning to a group of people. But here's what was neat: On Easter Sunday, the audio recording lined up perfectly, and the group was able to hear the audio of Matthew 28 and Mark 16, the very morning that Jesus rose from the dead.

As for my studies, I also include in the email, my years of notes that focus on four primary things:
1) The Power of God
2) The Purpose of Christ
3) The Work of Christ
4) The Effect of Christ

I focus only on the deepest of issues the Scriptures have to offer. This means I don't waste time mulling through topics and issues that are designed to take us away from understanding the full Story of God, and His Gospel Saving Plan. In fact, I don't waste time writing about Eschatology, for the objective is for us to know the actual, true, and genuine Saving Gospel Plan. Our objective is to first win souls to Christ. There is nothing more important than that. Our job is to get the runners to the starting line. That is all I care about . . . even more than myself. The two doctrines that we focus on, which would be highly debatable, would be the topic of free will and Spiritual Circumcision. These two doctrines are referenced consistently because the Power of God and Spiritual Circumcision are the Cornerstones of the entire Bible.

If you're interested, send me your email address and give it a shot for a few days. If you're not into it, I'm happy to remove you from the list. Good day!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ugggg. Arguing with another Christian. I'd rather die and wait for Christ. :p
I hear you, and I do discern a difference in how you are handling others. That's one reason why I ignore some
people, especially those who reject sound Biblical teaching, while putting themself forth as some type of prophet,
as well as those who misrepresent themselves, and those with whom they disagree. There is no forcing people to
be honest, and they largely resent any attempts to have the blinders of their self-delusions removed.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Well regarding prophets @2ndTimothyGroup Actually all Christians are prophets As God knows what there going to do before they do it.

Then of course using my imagination which God knitted in my mother's womb, God Talks to his children personally and individually just like he did the prophets.

As for being labeled a prophet.

People only speak Gods word as there moved by the holy spirit.

Which means as soon as God's moves you to speak, and at that moment every Christian is a prophet, after the lord has stopped moving you to speak your no longer a prophet. So i wonder is there ever such thing as a permanent prophet, I mean that to me sound ludicrous.

Oh I also recall I've said this before.

But anyhow its time for my supper.

Your study sounds a interesting tim I will look into it thanks for letting me know.

Please feel free to drop me a pm 😊

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
[QUOTE="2ndTimothyGroup, post: 5283527, member: 305370" Our objective is to first win souls to Christ. There is nothing more important than that. Our job is to get the runners to the starting line. That is all I care about . . . even more than myself. The two doctrines that we focus on, which would be highly debatable, would be the topic of free will and Spiritual Circumcision. These two doctrines are referenced consistently because the Power of God and Spiritual Circumcision are the Cornerstones of the entire Bible.

[/QUOTE]

"Our job is to get runners to the starting line. That is all I care about."

1.) If we care ONLY about people's salvation, that may have good intentions, but it simply doesn't correlate with scripture.

2.) In post #364 you say that you no longer read any Christian authors, and you only read the Bible. The underlying premise that YOU don't need teachers, and YOU no longer need to learn from those older and wiser, is also an idea that fails to correlate with scripture.

3.) In my own experience, there is a high probability of finding bad doctrine, even heresy, wherever people say they "only read the bible", and never listen to other writers and teachers. That's indicative of a very dangerous attitude, a very proud attitude, and it often leads to bad doctrine. (It's often where cult leaders come from.)

4.) Final Points:
- As I read along, some of the "false humility" and "humble brags" are really tiresome. It's tiresome and shallow.
Hopefully people here can see through nonsense. This entire thread has been a long and meandering exercise in gas lighting and manipulation. And no, I'm not about to apologize for saying that.
- We now, at the last, have the OP claiming to be such a great teacher he no longer reads any other authors (which means he listens to no one), and he's trying to get people to subscribe to his email teachings (off this forum, where no one can see what's he's doing) where he will, by implication, give all these poor souls the "real" and "deepest" teaching of scripture, which they apparently can't get from other authors (because, remember, he no longer reads other authors because they're beneath him.)
- This is all getting completely weird.
- It is just manipulative, weird, proud, unbiblical, and ultimately dangerous.

Have a great day everyone.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I do discern a difference in how you are handling others.
Wow. You haven't any idea of how much I appreciate this. Seriously. I have always hated that I would always seem to find myself in disagreement after disagreement. Then your conscious nags at you for the things you wrote. It's awful. I feel like I have a long way to go, but am hopeful in what I think is improvement. :)

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well regarding prophets @2ndTimothyGroup Actually all Christians are prophets As God knows what there going to do before they do it.

Then of course using my imagination which God knitted in my mother's womb, God Talks to his children personally and individually just like he did the prophets.

As for being labeled a prophet.

People only speak Gods word as there moved by the holy spirit.

Which means as soon as God's moves you to speak, and at that moment every Christian is a prophet, after the lord has stopped moving you to speak your no longer a prophet. So i wonder is there ever such thing as a permanent prophet, I mean that to me sound ludicrous.

Oh I also recall I've said this before.

But anyhow its time for my supper.

Your study sounds a interesting tim I will look into it thanks for letting me know.

Please feel free to drop me a pm 😊
I tried to send you a PM, but am obligated to purchase a subscription. However, because I have received two unjustly given warnings in the past, I will wait to see if things continue down that path. If things have changed, I will consider the donating. :(

Otherwise, send me a message at [email protected]

Cheers!

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
[QUOTE="2ndTimothyGroup, post: 5283527, member: 305370" Our objective is to first win souls to Christ. There is nothing more important than that. Our job is to get the runners to the starting line. That is all I care about . . . even more than myself. The two doctrines that we focus on, which would be highly debatable, would be the topic of free will and Spiritual Circumcision. These two doctrines are referenced consistently because the Power of God and Spiritual Circumcision are the Cornerstones of the entire Bible.

1.) If we care ONLY about people's salvation, that may have good intentions, but it simply doesn't correlate with scripture.

2.) In post #364 you say that you no longer read any Christian authors, and you only read the Bible. The underlying premise that YOU don't need teachers, and YOU no longer need to learn from those older and wiser, is also an idea that fails to correlate with scripture.

3.) In my own experience, there is a high probability of finding bad doctrine, even heresy, wherever people say they "only read the bible", and never listen to other writers and teachers. That's indicative of a very dangerous attitude, a very proud attitude, and it often leads to bad doctrine. (It's often where cult leaders come from.)

4.) Final Points:
- As I read along, some of the "false humility" and "humble brags" are really tiresome. It's tiresome and shallow.
Hopefully people here can see through nonsense. This entire thread has been a long and meandering exercise in gas lighting and manipulation. And no, I'm not about to apologize for saying that.
- We now, at the last, have the OP claiming to be such a great teacher he no longer reads any other authors (which means he listens to no one), and he's trying to get people to subscribe to his email teachings (off this forum, where no one can see what's he's doing) where he will, by implication, give all these poor souls the "real" and "deepest" teaching of scripture, which they apparently can't get from other authors (because, remember, he no longer reads other authors because they're beneath him.)

.[/QUOTE]

Well folks, there you have him. Maxwell is the judge of hearts. If anyone has the desire to know what is in the heart of another, be certain to ask this one, ever-so-amazing, Maxwel.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I tried to send you a PM, but am obligated to purchase a subscription. However, because I have received two unjustly given warnings in the past, I will wait to see if things continue down that path. If things have changed, I will consider the donating. :(

Otherwise, send me a message at [email protected]

Cheers!
I will I'll look forward to chatting with you tim 😊

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

4.) Final Points:

Well folks, there you have him. Maxwell is the judge of hearts. If anyone has the desire to know what is in the heart of another, be certain to ask this one, ever-so-amazing, Maxwel.[/QUOTE]

Acting like you're a victim, and I'm a meanie, IS NOT A REBUTTAL.
It's just more emotional manipulation.

It actually amounts to an ad hominem attack, which is a logical fallacy.
It is the very kind of nonsense that has characterized this entire thread.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well folks, there you have him. Maxwell is the judge of hearts. If anyone has the desire to know what is in the heart of another, be certain to ask this one, ever-so-amazing, Maxwel.

Acting like you're a victim, and I'm a meanie, IS NOT A REBUTTAL.
It's just more emotional manipulation.

It actually amounts to an ad hominem attack, which is a logical fallacy.
It is the very kind of nonsense that has characterized this entire thread.

.[/QUOTE]

You know, you have a way of discouraging people. What Spiritual Father do you think that kind of mind comes from?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
To those who belong to my same Spiritual Family:

Are we helping set free those who remain under the mind-control of the Devil? If we are genuine Christians, we will have been programmed to spread the Lord's Holy Message about Christ! We have Work to do!

Romans 8:7 NIV - "The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so."

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Stunning. Here's another interestingly paraphrased piece of Scripture. I can't believe I didn't have this one in my collection of free will verses!

Romans 8:20 NLT - "Against its will, all creation was subjected to God's curse. But with eager hope . . ."

That means that until Christ lifts the Curse, such people will remain under said Curse and will not possess the same intellectual freedoms that a Child of Christ has, for they will have the Mind of Christ. Everyone else? I supposed they'd be stuck with the Mind of Satan.