Identifying the Traits of a Person Who has a Religious Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Miss

May 18, 2013
The Religious Spirit is always trying to put people out of the Body of Christ, God's Spirit is always trying to bring people in to the Body of Christ.

Isa 64:6 But we are all like an unclean [thing], And all our righteousnesses [are] like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

D

danschance

While I do not believe a Christian can be demon possessed at all(unless fully backslidden), I do believe Christians can be oppressed of the devil. Otherwise, good topic.
It is absolutely true that every Sunday morning the wheat and the tares go to church. The tares are unable to see they are tares and simply assume they are wheat and all is well. The tares have limited protection from God but the wheat who trust under His wing can have tremendous protection and full sanctuary.

The problem arrives when we sin. Demon possession is a sin leated issue. If we as Christians sin and repent we can once again have God's protection. If we sin and do not recognize it is as sin, God's hand of protection may lift, to one degree or another and this is where a Christian gets into trouble.

Case in point, we have a man who has recently posted that we should only love those of our color. He is advocating some bizarre racist teaching that is not found in the bible. His teaching is against the biblical concept that we stand before God equally. His thoughts have created a stronghold (false/sinful pattern of thinking) and he is unrepentant.

I have no idea if he is possessed but he certainly can be. If he is the demon will attempt to reinforce his error and he may become very rigid in his thoughts on that manner. This is a good example of how a Christian can become possessed.

Now suppose he see's he error and repents and begs God for forgiveness. God is just to forgive him but he still has will have the problem of the demon still residing in him unless God removes it Himself. Demons will not leave voluntarily. They must be cast out (forced out), one way or the other.

So I can agree that a Christian in God's will and doing things as God wants and keeps his/her sin doors closed and when sin occurs ask ing for repentance--This person is not likely to have demon. So I agree with you in principle.

Last edited by a moderator: