If a long lost relative left you with $100 million dollars what would you do with it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2012
If a long lost relative left you with $100 million dollars what would you do with it? :D

p.s. I know about 1 Timothy 6:10 (The love of money is the root of all evil), but I still think its an interesting question to ask.
I wouldn't advertise the news. A million dollars isn't all that much these days. I'd donate 10% to some God fearing and trust worthy charity, and slowly use the rest on myself and those around me.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I wouldn't advertise the news. A million dollars isn't all that much these days. I'd donate 10% to some God fearing and trust worthy charity, and slowly use the rest on myself and those around me.
Not to sound picky, but that's probably why the original poster actually said, "100 million dollars."

I agree that a million, especially after taxes, will burn out pretty quickly.

But ONE HUNDRED million? Wow... I'd at least love the chance to try!! :) And you're right, some of the first things I'd do is hire a team of lawyers and perhaps my own private island for friends and family so no one would come a knockin'.

Being adopted, I always wondered if I "suddenly" had money like that... How many "long-lost relatives" would come crawling out of the woodworks...

Jul 25, 2012
Oh... Hehe. I hate when I skim over words.

Well, if it is a 100 Million, then the 10 percent still applies. another 10% would go to the Church and with the rest, I'd probably help work on developing my little hometown.

T

tahlula

I would pay off all my debt. Put a little aside for my older age.:) Take care of my family, 3 boys and 2 girls. Give money for my grand childre's education. Give the rest to God's workers to continue His work.

P

Powemm

I've had a couple of thoughts ....

I'll stick with the smallest.. Me to save space...
I'd live like I had no
Money still... If with a partner id want the house to be small and quaint, a cob house would be perfect or a little cottage .. material stuff makes me feel like I'm drowning ..I would have to have a wooden floor to slide on ..i don't watch tv .. music is always on in my house ...to sum it up really..i would help the person dropping in front of me most ..

P

Powemm

Ehh zero?
Where's yours ? Taps foot

P

Powemm

I even went back through the threads to see where the poster had commented.. Then I noticed it was you ... I thought "oooohoohoo jab time "
perhaps a lesson in posting ? Maybe? LOL :p
I tried to resist I really did

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
In order...
1. Tithe
2. Pay off all of mine and my families debts (mortgages, etc...)
3. Buy land (in a specific place that God has shown me), develop the land for agriculture and housing for Christian community living. Not like a commune per say, but much like Jacob, Abraham, and others lived. A place of refuge that one could live outside the "world system".
4. Help promote farming and irrigation to the nearby natives while carrying the gospel to them.
5. Buy some land in Israel.
6. Pray about the rest.

P

Powemm

I need to pick your brain mark... I've been looking for a community like that .. What do you know ?

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
I need to pick your brain mark... I've been looking for a community like that .. What do you know ?
You know what is funny? I was thinking how uncanny some of your posts have been. I was just about to try to post something witty in regards to the thread topic asking if you were a long lost relative. LOL

I don't know of any currently, Powemm. But for the last couple of years, God has been leading me towards this. I am sure that they exist, but the U.S. makes it difficult to do so. Zoning laws as they call it that even prevent some from gathering in their own homes to worship the Lord.
I would be willing to share some of the things, if you are interested, but not openly.
I take it that you are one that understands the meaning of "endure until the end"?

P

Powemm

When i read your post I had to back up... I'd like to speak with you if you don't mind ?
i think I've found a relative lol