If the Saints are dead, our religion is false

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2013
Our religion teaches that when our earthly bodies expire, our spirits ascend into heaven to be in the eternal presence of God.

The most repeated protestant argument against petitioning the Saints is that the Saints are dead.

If Christians just die and go to the grave and are dead after that, then our religion (Catholic/Orthodox Christianity and protestantism) is false.

(Last thread I'm starting today. I'm out for a while and will be back in later).

J

jimmydiggs

The most repeated protestant argument against petitioning the Saints is that the Saints are dead.
They are. What else would you call it? No one dies anymore do they?

2 Corinthians 5:15
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves
but for him who died for them and was raised again.

To say no one ever dies, is to deny Christ.

If Christians just die and go to the grave and are dead after that, then our religion (Catholic/Orthodox Christianity and protestantism) is false.
I don't know any Christian who says there is no afterlife.

D

danschance

Our religion teaches that when our earthly bodies expire, our spirits ascend into heaven to be in the eternal presence of God.

(Last thread I'm starting today. I'm out for a while and will be back in later).
Why do we need a Saint to hear our prayers when God can hear them all and has the power to answer them?

How does a Saint in Heaven answer 17 million prayer requests per day?

How does a Saint in Heaven hear 17 million requests even when 10% occur at the same time?

Are they Omniscient?

How does a saint answer 100, 000 prayer requests?

Are Saints omnipotent?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hattiebod

I understand that all those who die believers in Christ's sacrifice on the cross are saints when they go home. I know the Almighty God is able to do the impossible, He does not need us, dead or alive to 'help' fulfill His purpose for us. I also know His Son is enough, more than enough. Mary was the mother of Christ, not co- redemptrix. I do not worship the Bible, i worship the Holy Gods Word in which it is found, therefore i honour His book. God Bless, <><

Feb 17, 2013
My question is why would you petition a saint when you can petition God himself. It makes no sense.

L

Laodicea

We have the hope of the resurrection when Jesus returns. Jesus said "Though we are dead yet shall we live". Why would you pray to a dead saint that is asleep till the redurrection when we can pray to the living God?

C

chasten

I dont know who you deem worthy to call a 'saint' If you mean the apostles, yes they are dead, and left a legacy to guide us to Christ. Amen. Praise God.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

The saints aren't dead and any prot believing that is not reading their bible!
The argument against praying to the saints is this one...

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1Ti 2:5)