If we sin as christians does the Holy Spirit depart forever or does He stay in us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Read Hebrews 4 for understanding, someone who has 'tasted' the Holy Spirit in their life cannot be 'renewed to repentance,' but, keep in mind, THAT person will be someone who has left God, and, when I say left God, I mean, LEFT God ! I mean, they will have been living there life with the Lord in their everyday doings, they would have the HOly Spirit in their heart, He being there righteousness that they became, He having blessed them oodles and oodles over by the Holy Spirit helping them in their life and being given so muich and then..........after having feasted with all who the Holy Spirit is ---He is God ! --- they will SPIT out everything God has been to them, and, they will choose the Enemy for their saviour :(

Strong words here, especially the last ones, but THAT is how you have 'tasted' the Holy Spirit, and, become imbued in His ways as He LIVES in you and then REJECTING His blessings that were so in your life.

This is a controversial subject, but, where sin abounds grace abounds more. And, this is how we should strive to understand God's Love for us, His mercy, and, how He cares for us soooo much, why would we EVER want to depart Him, depart the faith that He gave us, that we've used to receive so muich from Him, watching His glory having unfolded through our faith in Him ! We gain Christ by faith in Him, when one has 'gained' Christ, that is soooo much gain, it is eternal gain, it is eternal sealing, it is 'inheritiance.' :)

Feb 17, 2010
In the time of OT, like with Saul the Holy Spirit did not always strive with man.. David, plead, Do not cast me away from Your presence,And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. But in today's NW testament times does the Spirit LEAVE US ?. Does the LORD leave us forever even though He said He will NEVER leave us?
Does departing from the Faith MEAN that the Spirit will leave us?
Tono, why would God make a person holy to become unholy again? I say what God says in HIS WORD. And the WORD IN THE TRUTH...

First God says if a person has the Holy Spirit, HE REMAINETH IN HIM... BUT.... Such a person cannot sin....

1 John 3:9.... Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is where these peple miss the pot. They all think they have the Holy Spirit in them but that they CAN SIN... Either God is leing or they are mislead... I believe I DO NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ME, AND THAT IS WHY I STILL SIN.

ANY person that sin does not have the SEED OF GOD (The Holy Ghot is the seed) in him or her... People HATE to hear tehy do nto have the Holy Spirit in them, but they also have no IDEA what God said would happen if the Holy Ghost will come upon them.

So Tono, here is the thing... WE KNOW WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD SINNETH NOT...(1 John 5:18) and that the WHOLE WORLD LIETH IN WICKEDNESS (SIN) but HIS BORN AGAIN IS NOT OF THE WORLD....See the difference... the SINNERS ARE NOT BORN AGAIN..... And here is the hardest proof of all.... 1 John 3:5 to 7...And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

If God is not telling the truth, then sinners have the Holy Spirit, and then your question will have ground to stand on, but it seems even your question has no ground to stand on if God tells the TRUTH! If God took away our sin, then it is REMOVED 100%. If we abide in Him He abides in us, and in HIM IS NO SIN... These people are as righteous, without sin as God is without sin.... That is what God says here in a few sentences.... AND HE DOES NOT LIE!!! PEOPLE LIE!!! GOD DOES NOT>>>

G

GreenNnice

Tono, why would God make a person holy to become unholy again? I say what God says in HIS WORD. And the WORD IN THE TRUTH...

First God says if a person has the Holy Spirit, HE REMAINETH IN HIM... BUT.... Such a person cannot sin....

1 John 3:9.... Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is where these peple miss the pot. They all think they have the Holy Spirit in them but that they CAN SIN... Either God is leing or they are mislead... I believe I DO NOT HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ME, AND THAT IS WHY I STILL SIN.

ANY person that sin does not have the SEED OF GOD (The Holy Ghot is the seed) in him or her... People HATE to hear tehy do nto have the Holy Spirit in them, but they also have no IDEA what God said would happen if the Holy Ghost will come upon them.

So Tono, here is the thing... WE KNOW WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD SINNETH NOT...(1 John 5:18) and that the WHOLE WORLD LIETH IN WICKEDNESS (SIN) but HIS BORN AGAIN IS NOT OF THE WORLD....See the difference... the SINNERS ARE NOT BORN AGAIN..... And here is the hardest proof of all.... 1 John 3:5 to 7...And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

If God is not telling the truth, then sinners have the Holy Spirit, and then your question will have ground to stand on, but it seems even your question has no ground to stand on if God tells the TRUTH! If God took away our sin, then it is REMOVED 100%. If we abide in Him He abides in us, and in HIM IS NO SIN... These people are as righteous, without sin as God is without sin.... That is what God says here in a few sentences.... AND HE DOES NOT LIE!!! PEOPLE LIE!!! GOD DOES NOT>>>
The Holy Spirit is in ALL believers' lives ALL their lives, the only way He becomes not in their lives is IF they reject Him, deny Him, and, that doing is not something that we can even fathom nor should want to, Cobe, for it is God's hand of destruction on those who have dis-chosen Him, who had them in the 'shelter of His wings.'

Don't try to be self-righteous, cobe, you don't choose the Holy Spirit into your life, He is the gift that God gives those who receive Him, this cannot be fully explained, but it is an issue of the heart, and, that becoming His becomes Him inside you is not for you to judge, and, certainly, not condemn others who are . Cobe, listen to this:

We are ALL sinners, we are covered by the blood of Christ on the cross otherwise Christ blood serves no purpose and DAILY you shouild give your sins to God and confess because we HUMANS sin just by opening our mouths, LOL, I'm being funny but I'm being dead-serious too, Cobe. Accept Christ's gift of His Son, which like Romans 10 speaks, it is righteousness as you say in your post above, but it is NOT our righteousness one bit, it is all HIS, and, when we accept Christ, we are given HIs righteousness, it is imputed unto our being, we are made right with God. Now, does that mean we will no longer sin ? Of course not ! We will be sinning all the way to heaven, because that's just what we humans do :D

I don't sin, green ! Quit opening your mouth, Cobe, 1 John 1:7, is it, answers that question for you, don't make me call you a liar, Cobe. The fact that sinning means the Holy Spirit does not 'REMAIN' is us is untrue, He IS in us, NEVER leaving us nor forsaking us. Now, WE can leave Him, but He NEVER leaves us, and, you know, I'm certain, Hebrews 13:5, brother :)

A

Amari

According to me God does not abide in sin but if we repent he will listen and forgive us. As the BIBLE Says sin has separated us from God but by us seeking forgivenes he comes back to us

Feb 17, 2010
Greenny my friend. I still have hope for you, but this morning 3 AM I was again sent by the Spirit WHO IS NOT IN ME, but at least WITH ME. to go ask God some questions AGAIN. Let me run this morning through with you and you decide if God is leading me or Satan.

Every time I want to devalue 1 John 3, God gives me even more scripture to show me that ALL HE RESIDE IN does not need blood OF Christ. You see the blood is to GET YOU CLEAN. And the NEW SEED IN YOU IS TO KEEP YOU CLEAN....

God say I should not let GREENY deceive me, the people that HE made righteouss, is as rigteouss as HE is righteous. (Rigteous means NO SIN... One sin makes the person UNRIGHTEOUS. Read 1 John 3.

And this morning 3 AM, I got this message from God, and HE ASKED ME..... COBE, do you think these SAINTS are HOLY AS I AM HOLY, or do you think they still sin..... What do you think GREENY, Are these SAINTS sinless or sinful?...In Jude we read of the prophecy of Enoch..... BEHOLD THE LORD COMETH WITH TEN THOUSANDS OF HIS SAINTS..... TO EXECUTE JUDGMENT UPON ALL.....

Greeny these saints, will they also be judged? Would there be sin against them? Are they still sinners? When did they become sinless? Are a saint still a person that sins? What about a perfected saint? Eph 4:11 saint?

What about the person that the love of God has been perfected in? Can this person still sin.

Greeny is a BORN OF GOD MAN still human? What is the difference between a sinner that steals a soda from a shop, and a believer that steals a soda from a shop? Two soda's are stolen. not ONE! And they both did EXACTLY the ungodly, fleshly thing of THOU SHALT NOT STEAL... But they BOTH did... the believer and the sinner.... And I say they BOTH will go to hell for that deed. Jesus did not pay for the Soda.... Neither of them....

I do not get it... if it is the OLD person that steal, what is he doing with the NEW PERSON that is supposed to be Christ and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS...

Greeny I stopped trying to sin, IF God does not take it away, I will go to hell, and gladly so... Since I choose not but HE DOES.... What can I do to be CHOSEN... If you are chosen, should it not be evident in you life... Should you not be the LIGHT of the WORLD? Then why still do works of the darkness..... SIN? Nope my friend, the next HOLY PERSON I MEET will be the first.... AND HIM I SHALL BELIEVE GOD HAS SENT JESUS TO ABIDE IN HIM..

I do not care to judge. I do not care to speak the TRUTH,... I am NOT FOOLED and I do not try to fool myself... God said HE CHOSE the ones HE will make a NEW CREATURE....

I believe all the NEW CREATURES looks like Jesus, and I know what He loks like. NOT LIKE ME!

What is a GODLY LIFE and a GODPLEASING LIFE in your eyes? Is it not a HOLY LIFE WITHOUT SIN... SINNERS sin, God's PEOPLE DOES NOT!, As easy as that.... Jesus died for the sin, but He rose for the NEW LIFE OF SINNERS...

Read the bok of Jude, it is only one chapter... SEE THE DIFFERENCE.... some walk ungodly... they sin,,,, other have the SPIRIT.... THEY CANNOT SIN!!!

O

OwenHeidenreich

i think if the Spirit LEAVES us in this age, we die. becuse when the spirit left jesus, he died. i think God ays that in the crucifixion account