If you call yourself separated, you could be sinning...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seekingg

Jul 13, 2012
there are three choices. married means you are not available to seek a relation with you. not married means you might be available for a relationship. So separated must mean your married but would like to find a new spouse or you are interested in adultery...

O

Ozgirl

I disagree not everyone that is separated is seeking a new partner or interested in adultery. Some use the separation time to sort out their personal issues and seek God's wisdom in their situation.
So that when they come back together their heart & mind is in a better place to love & invest in their marriage.
there are three choices. married means you are not available to seek a relation with you. not married means you might be available for a relationship. So separated must mean your married but would like to find a new spouse or you are interested in adultery...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
By this definition I must consider myself unmarried. There are numerous reasons for causes of separation in a relationship, most of which do not lend for contemplation of ending the marriage of adultery. This is especially true for the injured spouse. Your formulated view is naïve and myopic regarding this equation.

Nice_Lady

May 13, 2014
If he separated from you (and he gave you "divorce letter") or he comitted adultery you are free for a new romantic movie :) without any guilt, right?

seekingg

Jul 13, 2012
I disagree not everyone that is separated is seeking a new partner or interested in adultery. Some use the separation time to sort out their personal issues and seek God's wisdom in their situation.
So that when they come back together their heart & mind is in a better place to love & invest in their marriage.
i agree with most of what you say but if the intent is to come back together why label your self as separated which says to others you are married but you are available...

seekingg

Jul 13, 2012
If he separated from you (and he gave you "divorce letter") or he comitted adultery you are free for a new romantic movie :) without any guilt, right?

nice lady ... yes if you mean completely divorced then yes with no guilt.

seekingg

Jul 13, 2012
NICELADY i noticed you are separated. i hope my post did not offend you. however i went back and read you reply. you sad divorce letter and i thought you meant a divorce decree. if you don't have this you are still married. You have to understand that god sets up all authority even on earth judges, teachers governors presidents ect... the courts have authority over our marriages that's why if you are still married the you have to act as you are married to please god. If he cheated then you are free to divorce him.

S

SabbieWabbie

New Zealand law requires a two year separation before you are allowed to get divorced.

Nice_Lady

May 13, 2014
Ok my case is very complicated because usually i dont know what to do and just swim into the draft or in other words just enjoy what God is giving me. Well yes i had a man and we have child. No document because really i dont believe a sign can change something. No wedding as well. But although i lived around many boys even i was in school for construction/ building, i never like a person because i notice bad things in every person - inside and outside. So only a lie about person could make me see the perfect man. Ok he is a liar but still i like many things about how he thinks. First i like that he can leave any person. Second he can broke a laptop and never regret. And so on. Ok i know that s not normal but Jesus teach us to sepatare from evil so that man teached me a stuff or two. So i loved him (dont ask me what is love)- i believe i did love him. Then God opened my eyes and i saw he is bad person and we sepatare. I dont bother if my "husband" have 10 wifes. Adultery is not a problem but it WaS the reason in front of God for separation. So i feel free to write down "looking for a mate". But i m not sure what God want from me. I believe He will give me what He want me to have- in other words- if God make him "alive" (he is dead in my eyes) i will accept him. If God send me another christian- i m willing to accept although i dont want another man- first because i dont want my son to think i cannot hold my legs closed, and second because i feel like adultery when i think to touch another man (because i really believe God created for every man one woman and viceversa - so i gave myself for that man already). Yes i had boyfriends in past but it was before that man. Some advices?

Atwood

May 1, 2014
What do you think of the situation where one spouse is beating the other spouse. Would the self-defense of separating from fists (knives, hammers, rolling pins, chairs, irons, vials of nitric acid, etc.) be justified?

Atwood

May 1, 2014
New Zealand law requires a two year separation before you are allowed to get divorced.
Does New Zealand have laws vs fornication and adultery? Does the government care at all if the separated fornicate/adulterize?

Does the NZ govt care at all if the rules are followed:

1) Let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband (1 Cor 7),
and
2) Come together often lest satan tempt you because of your incontinence?

W

watson1195

I am separated. I want to reconcile with my spouse but she does not want reconciliation. I am not looking for a new spouse nor am I interested in adultery. I am seeking the Lord's wisdom in my life and trying to grow in Christ. Separation was not my choice.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am separated. I want to reconcile with my spouse but she does not want reconciliation. I am not looking for a new spouse nor am I interested in adultery. I am seeking the Lord's wisdom in my life and trying to grow in Christ. Separation was not my choice.
I am recently widowed and that was not by choice either. I am not at all sure whether I want to enter into a new relationship as that may tarnish the image that I have of my wife who now resides with Jesus. I guess that we are just two lonely guys who are trying to endure a lot of pain. I don't know how this story will end but I have a feeling that it will be quite an adventure. There are days that I want to be with Jesus too.