If you thirst?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jn. 7:37
If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.

Sometimes with all the discussions, debates, theoligies, isms.
We lose sight of the reasons and perpose that is Gods gift in Jesus. :)
The goal sought in the scriptures and word.
Simply, so we may never thirst again. :)

please share a scripture that brings Jesus's presance, life giving water to you. :)

God bless
pickles

T

TruthTalk

Oh! Thank you I just began a study in the book of 1stJohn - Jesus is, "The Word of life."

1John1:1 NASB :)
1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life—

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Ive always loved John and 1st John. :)
He brings in word God's love in Jesus so beautifully spoken, almost poetry, or song.

Another I love is..
Jn1:16
Of His grace, (fullness, love), we have all recieved, (grace, love) following upon (grace love.)
Depends of the Bible read, though both are wonderful. :)

God bless
pickles

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Mat 11:28
Come unto me, allyethat labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30
For my yokeiseasy, and my burden is light.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
The living water of life is free of charge and guarantees satisfaction.

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Psalm 16:1-3 Keep me safe O God for in you I take refuge. I said to the lord, you are my Lord;apart from you I have nothing good. As for the saints who are in the land, They are are the glorious ones in whom I take delight.

Oct 28, 2012
JOHN 4:23-26... KING JAMES VERSION
[SUP]23*[/SUP]But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
[SUP]24*[/SUP]God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
[SUP]25*[/SUP]The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
[SUP]26*[/SUP]Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

LOVE THAT PART... CHILLS EVERY TIME...

ALSO...

JOHN 20:26-29 ... KING JAMES VERSION
[SUP]26*[/SUP]And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
[SUP]27*[/SUP]Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
[SUP]28*[/SUP]And Thomas answered and said unto him, My*Lord*and my God.
[SUP]29*[/SUP]Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

LOVE HOW THOMAS RECOGNIZES THE GODLY TRUTH HERE...

Apr 15, 2013
ah, I was thinking of putting that one above about thomas/didymus, and also another from john where the stubbornness of the disciples took some working on to convince, which is,..

From John 16,

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father Himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
29 His disciples said unto Him, Lo, Now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
30 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

N

Nancyer

Psalm 139: 8-10
If I go up to the heavens You are there; if I make my bed in the depths You are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.

Beautiful.

Feb 17, 2010
The WATER Jesus talks about is the GOOD NEWS and GOSPEL of GOD. EVERY SAVED PERSON WILL NEVER NEED OF THIS WATER AGAIN.....
1. If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
and
2. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
and

3. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Now look how beautiful SCRIPTURE comes together.... In verse two Jesus says (AS SCRIPTURE HATH SAID) LIVING WATERS....
and in verse 3 mentioned here Jesus says if we are not born out of WATER (SCRIPTURE/TRUTH/WORD) AND SPIRIT...
Do you see that this BORN OF GOD, is BORN OF WORD AND SPIRIT.... JOHN 1... IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD... AND THE WORD WAS GOD...

Jesus ask the father.... SANCTIFY THEM IN YOUR TRUTH: YOUR WORD IS TRUTH... Word is LIVING WATER, that will flow from us... Word is where God BAPTIZE US IN, to be SEALED IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT.... WE ARE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, and THE SON, and THE HOLY GHOST.... ONE NAME:
AND HIS NAME IS: THE WORD OF GOD!

I wondoer how many people will understand this, but if the do not, I plead with God to open their eyes to see, there ears to hear, and their hearts to understand.

I think I just shared WATER, I know it is TRUTH (can prove it with the OWRD OF GOD) and I know I am not so clever to know this, if GOD DID NOT SHOW ME, I would not have known this. Praise God, he still gives us water, life and Spirit! Life giving Spirit. AMEN!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, [SUP]4 [/SUP]and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, [SUP]5 [/SUP]and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

But you knew that already about me!

As far as water, I always remember what Jesus said to the Samaritan woman at the well.

"Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” John 4:10

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Wow! Thankyou all for sharing and bringing so many beautiful scriptures. :)
I just drank them all in. :)

Another fave of mine is...

For God sent a gentle rain to fall upon a dry and thirsty land, renewing His promise when it was weary.
This one has always been a scripture of comfort when the world makes one weary.

God bless
pickles