Iimpressions of Canadian provinces visited?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 21, 2014
Rocanville Saskatchewan allegedly has the world's largest oil can. Doubt if it was ever used by anyone excepting maybe ye olde tyme pioneers who were a hardy lot.
Interesting...

I would like to get to know the Diefenbaker province... :)

I

inthewind

Enjoyed driving across Saskatchewan and the seemingly endless miles of ....well the same thing next mile as last mile...unless..like myself, one tends to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere and then Saskatchewan countryside and the endless miles take on a new meaning.

Feb 21, 2014
Enjoyed driving across Saskatchewan and the seemingly endless miles of ....well the same thing next mile as last mile...unless..like myself, one tends to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere and then Saskatchewan countryside and the endless miles take on a new meaning.
Well, at such moments the detested National Energy Program of gentle Mr Pierre Elliott Trudeau can take on a wholly new perspective: even PetroCanada would be a welcome sight, eh? :)

I

inthewind

Well, at such moments the detested National Energy Program of gentle Mr Pierre Elliott Trudeau can take on a wholly new perspective: even PetroCanada would be a welcome sight, eh? :)

I am finding my knees can't take the pounding on the pavement as well as they did in years gone by yet, in spite of my well laid travel plans, I have to wonder if my memory is going as well for at times as sure as I am that the gas station is just up and around the corner I am finding the Environmental Protection Act has caused me to rethink the planned routes I have previously traveled as old gas stations succumb to the acts regulations.

Feb 21, 2014
We thought about heading for Saskatchewan on our recent trip out West.

But from where we were staying it was a bit far for a day trip.

Seems like distances on the Prairies are 'telescoped'.

JoyfulFleur

Feb 2, 2014
We saw outstanding scenery in Alberta.

Waterton Park, with Waterton Lake and the Montana peaks in Glacier Park beyond, must be one of the most awe-inspiring panoramas in the world.

The Prince of Wales Hotel must surely have one of the most desirable settings anywhere.
astro dot umd dot edu
The hills are aliveee..with the sound of music.

You took that picture? That's beautiful.

I

inthewind

We thought about heading for Saskatchewan on our recent trip out West.

But from where we were staying it was a bit far for a day trip.

Seems like distances on the Prairies are 'telescoped'.
For a number of years I would drive to visit my in-laws in northern Ontario from the Fraser Valley in BC. The trip usually took 34 hours so if you like driving and depending on where you are in Canada a day trip to Saskatchewan might be feasible. As for telescopic distances; some prairie drivers when they get off the flat lands drive as if they are looking backwards through a telescope, figuring they have all kinds of time to pass a vehicle despite the nearness of approaching traffic. Others develop ultra magnification vision, creeping along the road hugging which ever side of the roadway is farthest away from the abyss below. Mind you the roads are a lot better then they use to be.