I'll give poetry another try...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joefizz

My God is my Father he's the only God I know, He speaks to me through spirit telling me what is so,he hasn't let me down, he has kept me safe and sound,my life is only his for through his son he sent,a way out from sin and in time I did repent

Last edited by a moderator:
J

joefizz

In my life each day is weary,
but in this I am quite cheery,
days for God are never dreary,
I have weakness,
God has perfection,
my serving God is willful,
it twas my election,
every day is new,
each changes through and through,
I may be weak in flesh,
but his will shall I do

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
My God is my Father he's the only God I know, He speaks to me through spirit telling me what is so,he hasn't let me down, he has kept me safe and sound,my life is only his for through his son he sent,a way out from sin and in time I did repent
My favorite, but both good. :)

J

joefizz

My favorite, but both good. :)
and I hope they are rather acceptable in format,I haven't tried any poetry writing or typing since I was in school,so I of course am rusty lol.

J

joefizz

I've not experienced marriage,but I know of love,
I've not been on a date,yet been to many restaurants,
I've not had a girlfriend,yet I have many friends,
my life is not empty for God fills my life,
through him I have a new life,
I have one path but am not alone,
though I may often roam,
anywhere with God is home

Feb 28, 2016
I really liked this last poem, but don't ever try and say that 'where ever we ROAM',
will be acceptable with God...it's always tow the line, or REAP...

we both speak from lots of experience...:p:)

M

MorningFlower

I think you write very well, joefizz. Keep it up! :)

J

joefizz

I really liked this last poem, but don't ever try and say that 'where ever we ROAM',
will be acceptable with God...it's always tow the line, or REAP...

we both speak from lots of experience...:p:)
but if God is with us the place should be acceptable for us,remember daniel was in service to kings of Babylon so he had to stay in Babylon despite Jerusalem being nearby,yet he accepted where he was and did right for God,true we Don't go looking for places of trouble but sometimes in life we must "Forbear" where we do not like being,and in time we may live where we want or go where we desire but with God with you,he gives you a "Peace" no matter your location.