I'm a Christian 'card.' Ever had a guy/gal play it on you? what happened?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

So, person says 'I'm a Christian,' here are a few reasons WHY they're not really the person they say, this goes along with all of julieannie's comprehensive reasons in her both funny and too-real lists :)

2. Goes to church but doesn't pay attention to pastor (this is a maturity thing and paying attention to you is OK as the sermon pastor says something funny but guy should not be TALKING to you while pastor preaches.)

3. First meeting ever with guy and he,suddenly, mentions he's cool with God but says this ONLY AFTER you slip up, having mentioned you go to church. You shouldn't do this, he had his chance talking to you for a few minutes , and, he SHOULD in passing, at the very least, mention God. Remember, ladies, a RIGHT GUY WILL LEAD THE CONVERSATION TO CHRIST, AND, if he don't, politely end this chance encounter.

4. Would rather go see Spiderman than Max Payne or Courageous when you give him a choice, or, he asks you what you want to see and his choices are American Pie and Hunger Games ONLY.

5. Guy should want to study the Bible with you, but will NEVER go past first base (holding hands, kiss on cheek). He should KNOW The bble too, at least basic understanding of 'Cain and Abel,' Creation, Golden Calf, Gideon, Joshua trumpets, Jesus' life, not just birth, Joseoh, etc.

6. Guy should be involved with his church, going regularly . God says we 'profane' Him when we aren't showing outward signs to keep sabbath holy, even says we should be found there when, like a thief in the night , Jesus comes again. There are no exceptions, I say, but, the Lord leads.

7. Guy will want to ask you questions about God in your life, this means he really does want a God girl.

8. When guy has a chance to surprise you and take you somewhere it is to a Christian concert.

9. Loves to sing to God in your presence and wants you to sing too . You can just start singing too and guy will like it.

10. If on internet, is spending time looking through sites that are good, like, christian chat, but will NEVER have mention of anything bad website, including not liking violent or 'owned' stuff on internet.

11. You will meet his parents and his Love for God will be same as it is around you when you are alone.

And, the #1 reason you will know this guy is the real deal: His life WON'T be focused on you, it WILL be focused on God.

And, miladies and, notmydudes, I do not pay attention to the divorce, remarriage, single this, single that, like a lot, the Lord leads, and, I am not saying you shouldn't pay attention to God's word for things Paul says about marriage like stuff in 1 Corinthians 7. But.....

...ultumately as I told lightnin' earlier today in julieanna's 'bad boy trap' thread, OUR following the Lord in our life is a personal relationship that He will lead you. Read Psalm 23 :) You are to, per Jesus, saying, 'go and sin no more,' that means for ANY sin, not just sexual, and, if it's good enough for Mary Magdalene, the prostitute, from the 'J' man then its certainly should be good enough for us.

Honestly I'm just not posting on those threads about divorce and remarriage and infidelity much now, if at all, in bible discussion forum. Christ is JUDGE of us on all that, the Lord leads, and, your relationship IS to be with Christ, you and He. He is your Father, like your maternal or paternal dad, but different. He cares for YOU. YOU are a sand grain of the sea to Him, and, when you blow a direction He is with you,, making sure, IF you are His, that you GO where He wants you to go . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CC_Bride

Amen to all of above! PS saw Max Payne with my husband a week ago - epic movie.

C

CC_Bride

And really I meet people all the time, Christians and non christians alike who play their fake card. Ive met fake vegans, fake muslims, fake feminists... I myself have played the "Im an awesome godly christian girl all the while Im having sex with my non christian boyfriend!" card. Of course I learnt my lesson, but my point is, we've all done. Maybe its because I did it in such a severe way then, that Im now really good at picking out fake people because I used to be one. Takes one to know one, you know what I mean?

G

GreenNnice

And really I meet people all the time, Christians and non christians alike who play their fake card. Ive met fake vegans, fake muslims, fake feminists... I myself have played the "Im an awesome godly christian girl all the while Im having sex with my non christian boyfriend!" card. Of course I learnt my lesson, but my point is, we've all done. Maybe its because I did it in such a severe way then, that Im now really good at picking out fake people because I used to be one. Takes one to know one, you know what I mean?
Hi, cc, and, yes, there are a lot of cards out there.....

Yeah. 'I'm a vegan,' that is a good one. I could see that being a 'card' played by a guy.

Bottom line: We need to bring all others 'cards' before God because IF we are His, it is clear in the bible that those who do evil against His own will NOT prosper. So, have faith, pray without ceasing scripture says and I would see that not literal all the time, of course, but when you are in certain unpredictable, or, even, potentially dangerous situations if with guy or girl you chance meet, I would, and, should say, I am praying ceaselessly. I want things to go according to His will. That is most important to me, trumping EVERYTHING, even a deep like of a girl, OK, 'infatuation,' is the correct word. And, anyway, let The Lord lead, that is,my battle command to myself, don't we all know, in so many ways, our battles belong to the Lord. :)

Last edited by a moderator: