I'm a good girl but guys don't like me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello everyone this is my first thread! I wanted to ask a quick question. See I'm 24 and I consider myself to be a good girl. I hardly go out, I've never been inside a club, don't drink, smoke or do any drugs and I'm a virgin. I try to hold myself accountable for my actions and I know that anything I say and do is reflected on God because when nonbelievers see and talk to me, I have to represent Christ to them. If they were to see me drink for example, that wouldn't be a great reflection of our heavenly Father.

Anyways, I am humble about all this. I'm actually very shy and have always had a hard time making friends. I just find it kinda upsetting that most guys seem to not like me as more than a friend. I am fit and I try to look my best but it still doesn't work. I don't mean to sound proud but I do feel I am a good person. At least I try to be. It's just so disheartening when I meet a Christian guy who is sweet with me but never takes it further than friendship.

Like I got really close to this one guy we'll call him David at church. He had a girlfriend at the time and he was always complaining about how she was materialistic, a non-believer and very selfish. But then he would talk about how pretty she was and how he knew he was going to change her someday. I on the other hand tried to show him that maybe he could be happy with me. But it never worked. I even opened up to him about me saving myself for marriage and he didn't even care! I never told him I liked him but I did become his friend, hoping that maybe he would see what a great girl I am ;) lol yeah right!

Later on I found out he was sleeping with this girlfriend of his and that he would go clubbing and drinking. I really cared about this guy. I just don't know what to think anymore. I'm so hurt that the Christian men that I have found are not really living the Christian life. Are there any real Christian men out there who would really cherish a virtuous wife? Because to me it doesn't seem that way. :(

But of course I will always stick to my morals even if I remain single for the rest of my life. I just find it hurtful to think it might not happen.
Just because some guy is a choir boy does not mean that he is a good catch. Please do stick to your morals. Pray for God to search and find the man of your hearts desires. From reading your post I concur in that you are a good girl. I will give you a little tip now. Try looking in a laundry mat for your future husband. There are usually a lot of single guys there that are struggling with separating the whites or how much detergent to use and need help, preferably female. That is where you will find me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
which begs the question: why are people still commenting on a year-old thread to a person who is no longer still here?! HELLO!! :rolleyes:
Perhaps because maybe someone is try to communicate something that has meaning. Oh, forgive me. Hello!

May 3, 2013
May I ask?: How do you think you are, a swan who introverts or a goose who extroverts? :)

"...extroverts are probably easier to meet. : )..."
According to what I see, you are a swan who is introvert and you are a good help to whomever who will be willing to respect your established and clear limits.

May 3, 2013
The more i see this, brother, the more I feel it HOME.

There's no other way I can thank GOD. :)

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Why are we still posting in a dead thread? :confused:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Maybe because the thread is fascinating and captivating.

May 3, 2013
Okey!

Here I go:

"I'm and OLD boy (inside) and I like girls but... They don't see me for being blind?" :cool:

Ja! Ja!