I'm BACK!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rissa77

For those who remember me, HI!

For those who don't, a bigger HI!

Memphis Masters Commission just graduated tonight and I'm now allowed on the internet! I won't be on as often as I used to. I was an internet addict. Wasted soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time.

Christian fellowship is good, but I MUST not let it get in the way with my fellowship with God.
I used to not feel the draining of the anointing like I do now. Now, I know if I'm lacking in prayer. I feel it.
Praise God for Master's Commission!!

Hope to see the old comers soon! God bless! Give me a holla!

Aug 2, 2009
OMG I remember you!! :) How was it??? U probably dont remember me. We only met for a few minutes in chat a month or so before u left. I remember what u told me about where u were going and how u would witness to homeless people and not have tv or internet and all that. Glad u are back! A lot has changed here since u left. So how was it?

R

Rissa77

Yea I remember you!

It was hard. I knew my second year would be different and harder, but I had no idea how much harder it would be. It's like.. you finally get the comfort with the rules and the atmosphere, but it's a completely different group dynamic. You have to learn the balance between friend and mentor, being able to bond and be respected at the same time. But you get to help the first years overcome some of the same stuff you dealt with.

This year, I did get to minister to some homeless people, but my favorite experience was Spring Harvest. It's a ministry in Daytona Beach during spring break. This group does fund raises all year so they can throw a Christian 3-day party to draw the crowds in. They completely rent out the LaQuinta Inn and give out free food, t-shirts, henna tattoos, ipod touches, it's crazy. THere were about 240 volunteers working it, and while the people came in, we just loved on them.

It was funny advertising the party. We were shouting "free drinks, free food!" SOme asked "free beer?" And we just kept walking and they DID show up expecting beer and found smoothies and coffee instead, but didn't complain one bit. LOL

Hundreds of people affected by God through this ministry. I can't wait to do it next year.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
Wow sounds like you had a great experience. I know there are others who remember u here because one time I asked in chat who was the one girl who left for a months long chrisitan camp and someone said your screenname. I forget who it was though. That was just last month I think. Anyway, they probably just havent seen this thread. GLad u r back :)

M

miss_polite2

Guess what .... :) I am back too

R

Rissa77

Yea I was telling everyone about it. It's the most life-changing experience I've ever come across. But I think you misunderstood what it is. It's not a month long and it's not a camp. It's a 9-month discipleship ministry. First years are mentored and guided to a deeper relationship with Christ without the distractions of dating and internet. Second years aid in that process, in a mid-leadership role. There's more info in the link in my signiture.

Hey miss polite! Nice to meet you.

Aug 2, 2009
Yes I remember it was 9 months. Thats why I said months long. I asked about u because I thought the nine months was over and I think it was christian_rock_chick that told me it was u. I probably spelled her screenname wrong.

R

Rissa77

betsy!!! yup. i wonder when she'll find this post..

C

christiancollegegirl

Welcome back!!!

*hugs*