I'm bummed....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

faithandlove

God is mad at me because I smoke. And because of that, I have this co-worker who does nothing but evil against me and God allows him to do it. If he's not saying something to my face, he's doing dirt behind my back. He thinks I don't know, but I do because God "shows" me. I don't understand why God would "show" me what he's doing and not stop him from doing it? The man is nothing but a thorn in my side. I can't tell you how often I have cried and cried unto God for him to do something about this man, and yet the man is still there, doing as much dirt as he can "in the name of Christ" (he claim he's Christian).

I think the reason God won't do anything for me is because I smoke. I'm quitting, but until I do, I don't think God will do anything for me because smoking is a sin. I don't think that God blesses people in their sin, does He?

I'm confused. Please pray for me.

Nov 30, 2013
God would not be mad because you smoke. It is not what we do it's what is in our hearts, unless of course you are doing something terrible. You need to ignore this person and blank out evil. Maybe God has shown you because he wants you to be strong against the evil and learn more forgiveness, maybe you should forgive this man everyday until there is no evil left.

D

doll

This is silly. God doesn't allow evil, but he does allow us free will. You sound paranoid. My advice is that you pray for the person who you feel is doing you wrong and have faith that God will sort it out. It's not our place to take vengeance. The problem here is that your praying for God to do something about the man but your not praying FOR the man.
It's silly to think that god won't answer a prayer simply because you sin. That is just untrue. God works in his own time, not ours. So things will change when God sees it fit.

I will pray for you.

F

faithandlove

Yeah, my sisters, you are right, you know. I am not being paranoid and I do pray for this man. But...I don't know, maybe it's a test that I keep failing and have to retake, because I don't know how to pass it?

Thank you.:) I will try harder to see things as God will have me see them and not what I want to see!

But I do know one thing: God doesn't "reward" sin!!! That's what has me bummed. Until I quit (I'm on my last pack), I don't know what's going to happen to me?

V

vansfordave

I smoked for a couple of years and God blessed me in unreasonable ways while I was smoking. I did feel that inner urging to stop and eventually I prayed my way through it but it did not change my relationship with God. You need to change the way you think here - God is not being petty with you. If God was punishing you, you would really know it. You should just try to focus on prayer and Bible study if you want to grow spiritually and not get caught up in whatever small, carnal things are going on. There will ALWAYS be worldly issues to contend with. Praying for you both.

J

jb800m

father bring peace in this situation to all parties make each aware of the true situtaions and emotions there

M

MySavior

I quit smokin because I was tired of it and I dont like the taste of it anymore.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I don't think (MY OPINION ONLY) the reason for the situation with your co-worker is God..........just saying.....

Now, regarding smoking.............IF FOR YOU IT'S A SIN, then, YES, IT'S A SIN.......so quit.......

God BLESSES folks who repent of their sins and turn from their sinful ways...........

M

MOMOF4

ROMANS, CH 12: …19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. 20"BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. PRAYING FOR YOU