I'm confused about something?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Danielle1234

If we are all sinners, how did the evil one get into Heaven and then rebelled against God? How did he get into Heaven in the first place? Why does the evil one have eternal life in his own place just so people who don't believe go? Why does God allow people to go there? What if God brings everyone up to Heaven when they die to see if the person who doesn't believe can believe again because Heaven is enough proof right there. Is it a sin to ask these types of questions? I feel like just thinking of them I'm insulting God. :(

U

Ugly

Satan was created as a heavenly angel named Lucifer. He was the greatest of all created beings (note created, so not greater than God since God was not created). He was the most beautiful angel and the worship leader in heaven, so to speak.
Lucifer was aware of his own magnificence and eventually grew a desire to become greater than God. He convinced a number of angels to support his cause and this is where he 'rebelled against God'. He tried to take God down and put himself in Gods place. He and all the angels that followed him were beaten and cast out of heaven to earth.
Hell is not Satans special home, it will be his place of torment. Hell was created for Lucifer and his followers, not for humans. It is the punishment of sin. And humans were originally created sinless. But once man became sinful they earned the punishment of sin, hell.
Satan 'roams the earth like a roaring lion' according to the bible. He's not in hell, he's not the ruler of hell, he didn't come from hell. He will be sent to hell in punishment one day.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. You have to ask to learn, and God does not want His children ignorant.

No, if God brought people into heaven first, that didn't believe, then their belief is too late. Their sins will not have been forgiven. Everyone, when they die, will see the truth, be it in heaven or hell. But that's the whole point. We are saved from hell Now, not after we die.

Keep in mind, thinking these things are not insulting to God. You're curious and imaginative and these are good things. God made you that way, so don't make Gods gifts into a bad thing. Rather thank God for being inquisitive and having the imagination to think things most other people wouldn't. It shows you'll have a great capacity for insight and thinking outside the box, which will give you a deeper and more thought out understanding of God and your faith.

D

Danielle1234

Thank you so much for your answer, it helped me understand. :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I will amen what Ugly said, with a little spin. I don't think Lucifer thought he could take down God. He saw that God had given His authority over creation to Adam, and if he could steal that God would be irrelevant. he satan would be the authority. So that's why he conned Adam into giving it over. God couldn't just take it back, it was His intention for man to be in charge. So that's why He had to come as a man to do so. And while He has and holds authority in heaven, satan still rules this world until He returns.

And Ugly is right, satan doesn't rule in hell, hell is for satan's torment. My opinion, without going into the long winded explanation, is that the de-creation of this world is what creates the lake of fire. We are told over and over again to choose God or choose the world, I believe those who choose the world are given it in it's natural state apart from Him. While we who choose Him are given a new one.

I hope that helps. And the only dumb, insulting question is the one you don't ask :)

jos

Banned
May 26, 2014
the idea that satan rules in hell probably comes from the greeks. one of their gods, Hades, was the lord and ruler of the underworld and the dead. he also lived there in his castle. he is sometimes mistaken with satan. and otherwise than in christianity, the greeks believed that everyone goes to the Tartaros (hell). only in some ocasions your soul could live further on earth as a ghost, but that was even a more worse afterlife.

D

Danielle1234

Thank you for both of you replies, they were very informative. RickyZ, I liked what you said "I hope that helps. And the only dumb, insulting question is the one you don't ask." :)