I'm getting baptised, and I'm afraid

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Yeah well ya'll can go ahead and rest. I just got back from being baptised. I have been cleansed of my sin, praise the Lord
So did you shiver and shake or did the Lord give you peace of mind?

S

Samual

So did you shiver and shake or did the Lord give you peace of mind?
He told me to hold my breath and then dunked me while I was inhaling, so I coughed when i came up. But other than that I'm fine

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
He told me to hold my breath and then dunked me while I was inhaling, so I coughed when i came up. But other than that I'm fine
Out of curiosity, did you go through any kind of teachings on baptism days or weeks prior to your baptism?

B

bondservant

Sam please let us know what happened today. Wish I saw this earlier, we got you in prayer.

B

bondservant

Aha there you are.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah well ya'll can go ahead and rest. I just got back from being baptized. I have been cleansed of my sin, praise the Lord
Oh goodness..........sigh

the wonders of baptismal water never cease

I THINK this person may actually be serious and sincere, maybe, and that just confuses me more because I can not believe so many people here are giving her advice that is not Biblical. Honestly...........

S

Samual

Out of curiosity, did you go through any kind of teachings on baptism days or weeks prior to your baptism?
No, I prayed when i got there just before I got baptised but and I went to a church service last night. That wasn't planned though I was just there and they invited me to stay for the service

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No, I prayed when i got there just before I got baptised but and I went to a church service last night. That wasn't planned though I was just there and they invited me to stay for the service
That's nice. Oh btw can you kindly tell poster #86 (p_rehbein) you are male and not female. It's been awhile since his last eye exam :)

S

skylove7

I wouldnt be scared
Unless 20 lbs of alkeselter plus was tossed in
Then it might get awkward :)

No seriously Sam
God bless you
Im glad ur happy now

I only joke because I was baptised so much young
The preacher started throwing a ball at the bullseye
And
Swoosh
Down went sky again
Really Sam
U are fine
God loves you..never fear anything when its with God
Take care as u grow In Christ :)

S

Samual

Oh goodness..........sigh

the wonders of baptismal water never cease

I THINK this person may actually be serious and sincere, maybe, and that just confuses me more because I can not believe so many people here are giving her advice that is not Biblical. Honestly...........
Wow, sorry I dropped out on you guys, been a bit busy but I'm actually a guy not a girl sooooooo

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Luke 14:27-29King James Version (KJV)

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

The first and greatest command starts with...Hear, O Israel.

I would at least follow the example of Paul fasting from food and water for three days...and ask God if
He would allow you to follow the steps of Jesus by going out into the wilderness and spending all your time alone with God for as long as He leads you. This kind of fasting is a by-product of complete focus on the washing of the water of the word. Be sanctified by truth...His word is truth. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind...trusting God for every breath.
Mark 12:28-30King James Version (KJV)

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Feb 9, 2010
Baptism is not for babies,for one has to be aware that they are doing wrong,and repent,before baptism.

Although we are born in to sin,it is because we have a choice between good,and evil,so we are born not knowing God,so we will do wrong,before we come to God.

We are born with a clean slate,and need no salvation as a baby,and the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones,which means they are spiritually protected while they are in the state of a child that does not fully understand.Later in life we will do wrong before we come to God because of that choice thing.

P

popeye

This thread is old,old,old