I'm lonely... And not just the want the girlfriend/wife type of thing.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
Really, I't more like a I'm just worried that I'll end up not having anyfriends. Not like a I freak them out and scare them away but more like things change, they have to live in other area's of the country. And just me not being able to make more friends...

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010

Sometimes when I feel like I don't have any friends, I remember that everyone was a kid once and somewhere inside of all of us is the urge to play games. :)

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Friends moving in and out of life, as sad as it is, is a natural part of life.

Get some hobbies, play a sport. (Ultimate Frisbee or even Frisbee Golf is full of nerds)

I wouldn't worry man, wherever there are people who feel like they need more friends, there other people similar nearby.

May 4, 2009
Nobody's moved out of my life yet. I just get to spend less time with my cousin right now. But yeah, I'm not exactly making a lot of new friends that I can hang out with either.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Get out there man, get out of your comfort zone, it can be really rewarding.

Go try and play a sport. :) Lawn bowls even? (I love lawn bowls)

Or just find a social hobby of some sort.

error

Oct 23, 2009
complaining won't do any good. do something about it.

Jul 25, 2012
As much as I hate to admit, women are not things.

A

Aqua_Girl09

I've been told "the best way to make friends is join a church." and I agree. >_< spend more time at church. join the drama team. that doesn't mean you're on stange, you could help set up back grounds or wave a cloth behind them or something. >_< but it gives you a group to get to know. I recently found TWO clubs that i'm going to have to choose between. and online they look like something that no one really goes to but when i went to a meeting i was greeted by many people and in one night found friends that i hope i get to stay friends with. >_<

go out and find a group. thats way easier then walking up to a stranger and seeing if you'll get along. ^-^.

J

Jehiel

I can relate. It's very hard for me to find opportunities for me to make friends and all of my friends have moved out of my life or are on the way out. Frankly it's just hard to find any friends around where I live, and since we're roughly in the same age-range I can understand why. A Christian social life in the 18-30y/o range just seems hard these days.

For me it is hard to just find any Christian friends near me to hang out with because the folk in my age-range have either fallen away from faith (which is disturbingly common for my generation) or they're too wrapped up in their school/work-lives to spend any time on making/being friends. As for the folk that are older than my age-range, they seem to have no interest in me at all. And I'm talking about Christians on both accounts. I am going to church and I am becoming more and more active in it, and this is just what I've found. The thing is, the church just doesn't focus on genuine, intimate, brotherly/sisterly fellowship enough anymore. I just about envy the first genetation Christians because they had that.

Of course, we could have somewhat of a friendship with unbelievers but it's obviously not the same thing as having a close friendship with a Christian brother/sister. In the end, I suppose we just need to pray and to also stop caring so much about our personal needs and our well-being. At least, that is what I try to do and I tell myself: "Want a friend? Be a friend",

(Luke 6:38) "Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure-pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."

So I try not to worry about my loneliness and needs for a friend, and instead try to worry about others loneliness. It's incredibly hard sometimes, especially after going through several "friendships" where no one does you the favor of valuing your friendship and putting the same effort as you have, but in the end God's got our back. He'll use the annoying/hurtful relationships to shape us if we'll receive instruction, but hopefully we'll have done a lot of good work in peoples lives by being the kind of friend you would love to have. The church lacks sometimes--we're not perfect--and so that's a good opportunity to make a difference in the church, because surely there's someone out there going through the same stuggle as us. So, as someone mentioned, just try to become more active in your church. I've been doing that by going to get-togethers and I'm starting to volunteer more, and even though there isn't any blatant progress in the "friendship department", they are still great opportunities to learn; plus you get more and more opportunities to get to know people. Sooner or later we'll be blessed for the hard work.

G

GreenNnice

Really, I't more like a I'm just worried that I'll end up not having anyfriends. Not like a I freak them out and scare them away but more like things change, they have to live in other area's of the country. And just me not being able to make more friends...
Jesus called His disciples, after a time of understanding, friends, dothackbuddy, everything in life takes time, and, if your life is zeroed in on His way then that timing for everythibg of your life will be seen,xand, known, as His. Be 'led,' my friend, the Lord leads :)
A deeper understanding of Him, and, delving in to His Word, His ways, listening to His small voice will tap you in to all God has to offer you. You are sooo young, kid, brother, keep on keeping on , with Him, see this time as a season, remembering that seasons can be very short in some states or practically the same one all year round in other states or really distinct summer, fall, winter, spring, in still others. :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010

Being single may not be the end of the world.

G

GreenNnice

Being single may not be the end of the world.
Yes, liamsON, I like this JPEG, it shows me, and, all of us, hmm, K, I won't uh speak for all, so, ok, not so much to you, maybe, but, to me, it shows that when we keep on keeping on swimming , that means that the fish that all want to stay away from you are not the right fish for you, yeah, that's right, hundreds of them and NODDAONE right for YOU. But, YOU keep on keeping on swimming, doing your things in life as planned. His plans. God's. Working THAT way will have you parse the waters, at some point of swimming, swimming, swimming, around, FINDING....

....THEONE. :)

The Lord gives us ALL the grace we need, all the Love, YOU make Him your real-time, all the time number One in your life and you will see soo much, brotherdotK :)

You are NEVER lonely with His leading, YOU keep.on keeping on with your sights on Him . Keep swimmmmmmmming, YOU show Him all you can do, for His glory, not yours, you BENEFIT others in your conversation, keep it light and keep it squarely on Him, He is leading you, stronger and stronger leading, YOU HOLD ON, K, He will never leave you nor forsake you, K, you're maKing great progress, K.

Keep on keeping on Him, on your mind, you live your life as you must, but YOU keep on keeping on target for goaling your life after Him. God bless ya, K, buddy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 11, 2012
Feel lucky if you have one or two friends. None of us have as many as we portray; they're only acquaintances.

May 4, 2009
heh, it's funny after giving my lonelyness to Jesus because it was just becoming to hard for me take anymore. I'm starting to learn about the roots that's actually the cause of my lonelyness. btw, the root isn't caused by me not close enough to God or feeling like I'm not close to God.

A

ayyit

I won't come here and tell you 'I understand how you feel'.., since, I'm rarely in that position. Well, you're here, so I'll advice you start adding people and not just making post. Try to be proactive, don't consider distance at the very moment, what matters is keeping up with the communication, if things goes smoothly, you guys can sort out the distance thing. I for one, prefer a distance friendship cos of my busy schedule, and I know it may be different for others. But first thing first, keep up with the communication and you will see things will gradually sort themselves out. Hope this help.