I'm new here and have questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PrincessK

Loved ones in heaven can they still hear us? Can they see us? Are our past loved ones our guardian angels ? Does our prayer balloons really go to heaven ? Did my loved one recieve my gift ? Does our loved ones still love us ? Does our loved ones still think about us ? Will we truly be with our loved ones again one day ? What are some ways to show we still love them and always will ?

U

Ugly

Not likely.
Not likely.
No, absolutely not.
What's a prayer balloon?
Gift? A prayer balloon.And since it's likely they won't know you are, there's no need to communicate to the dead.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes, we will truly be with our loved ones again one day and that prayer balloons go to heaven. Our loved ones will always love us. And I have reason to believe that we will be received in Graceland.

D

dalconn

PrincessK, Im sorry for your loss and understand these questions as I have loved ones in heaven also. There is no scriptural reason to be believe we can communicate with the dead or that we should need to do such. You and I are living our lives in a sinful fallen world hostile to God as sinners ourselves in a period of time. Because of this, those who have pasted on are separated from the lives we now live until Gods plan and purposes are fulfilled. Our lives here should be lived out seeking God through Jesus Christ and growing in spiritual maturity so that we might know His perfect will for us and those who've loved Him from ages past.

Loved ones in heaven can they still hear us? Can they see us? Are our past loved ones our guardian angels ? Does our prayer balloons really go to heaven ? Did my loved one recieve my gift ? Does our loved ones still love us ? Does our loved ones still think about us ? Will we truly be with our loved ones again one day ? What are some ways to show we still love them and always will ?

Feb 1, 2015
Strange, I just wonder days ago about the same thing, and as tongue in cheek I said, 'Daddy I love you', as if he could hear me, my parents are deceased. I won't do that again.

Are you thinking of Communicating with the dead; it is not permissible in the Old Testament and even though the New Testament doesn't mention it it is carried over just by the pure evil of it.

Jan 27, 2015
Loved ones in heaven can they still hear us? Can they see us?
Yes (cloud of witnesses). (Not through trying to communicate with them through one of those "other side" people with the boards though.)

Are our past loved ones our guardian angels ?
No.

Does our loved ones still love us ? Does our loved ones still think about us ? Will we truly be with our loved ones again one day ?
Yes, yes, and yes (assuming you are all going the same place).

What are some ways to show we still love them and always will ?
They already know.

Z

zaoman32

A lot of different opinions for a lot of different questions. The only thing we know for certain is that our lives here were meant for Gods purpose, not the purpose of loved ones. Yes it's difficult to lose someone so close, BUT keep in mind they are the created, not the creator.

B

butterfly712

Hello and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here. :)

T

Tintin

Why did you duplicate this thread? I've already answered you in your original thread. Don't try to communicate with your dead loved ones. That's wrong.

R

Rogerdodger

these are questions that no one can answer . our loved ones a not our guardian angels balloons don''t go to heaven . even though we lose our loved ones temperarily, we'll will see them one day when christ calls us home and the best way to show our loved ones we care is by living for christ and lead others to christ, but as a rule the bible don't say anything about them but we have memories of them in our hearts and if they were to say something is to continue the work christ has given us to live for him. the bible is very clear that one day we will all be united one day but for now live for christ and tell others . i know this is not what you want to hear but you can trust one day we will all be together one day when christ calls us home

Dec 26, 2014
START QUOTES=PrincessK
Loved ones in heaven can they still hear us? Scripturally; no.

Can they see us? Scripturally; no.

Are our past loved ones our guardian angels ? Scripturally; no.

Does our prayer balloons really go to heaven ? Scripturally; no.

Did my loved one recieve my gift ? Scripturally; if you mean someone buried, no.

Does our loved ones still love us ? Scripturally; if you mean someone buried, no.

Does our loved ones still think about us ? Scripturally; if you mean someone buried, no.

Will we truly be with our loved ones again one day ? Scripturally; that's up to yahweh(god).

What are some ways to show we still love them and always will ? show who ?

END QUOTE(S)

Mar 21, 2015
I guess I am wandering a bit off-topic. But, whilst communicating with the dead seems unlikely, there does seem some biblical evidence suggesting reincarnation.

"Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." (Malachi 4:5)

The episode in the Bible where Jesus identified John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet is one of the clearest statements which Jesus made concerning reincarnation.
[TABLE="class: auto-style64, width: 752"]
[TR]
[TD]"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come." (Matthew 11:13-14)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
In the above passage, Jesus clearly identifies John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet.
Later in Matthew's gospel Jesus reiterates it.

[TR]
[TD]" ... I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished."
"Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matthew 17:10-13)

"But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him." (Mark 9:9-13)

The disciples seem to have believed in pre-existence
"Who sinned, this man or his parents that he was born blind ?" (John 9:1)
If they thought his blindness was the result of sin - and he was born blind - he would have to have sinned prior
to his birth (this time around ?)

The Jewish historian Josephus reckons that the Pharisees believed in reincarnation.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Certainly, many of the early 'church fathers' like Origen and Clement were into it.
Origen said
"The soul has neither beginning nor end … [They] come into this world strengthened by the victories or weakened by the defeats of their previous lives." (Origen, De Principiis)

AND - most of the early churches the Gnostics, the Ebionites, the Nazarites and so on were all believers.

Heck, it wasn't declared 'heretical' until 553 AD.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2015
Sorry I stuffed up the layout above - but I'm sure anybody interested can follow the thread ..

P

prodigal

be careful of people promoting reincarnation , it is not a biblical doctrine,

Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

as for people dying thinking about us, a presumption is made that they are still restricted by our earthly time structure. where as in fact we are just as likely to all turn up in heaven at the same time.
what we know for sure:-

Revelation 21:4

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.”

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This belongs in the BIBLE forum, NOT new members forum.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
I'm sorry for your loss.
Unfortunately they can not hear us.
If they have gone to heaven they are with Jesus, in a much happier place than here. They are in complete love with Christ and will be eternally happy. They do not need the love from anyone here on earth like they did when they were here because they now have Jesus.
When we die and go to heaven we will recognise each other although there is no marriage and no sex which obviously means no reproduction. There will be no need for a spouse or children in heaven because we will all be brothers and sisters in Christ and made into priests.
They have all the love they need.
The reason why you feel the way you do is because we are living in a fallen world.
But if you put all your love and trust into Jesus you can feel complete and full of love just like your loved ones in heaven.
You will see them again. We will all know each other in heaven so you can rejoice!

T

Tintin

I guess I am wandering a bit off-topic. But, whilst communicating with the dead seems unlikely, there does seem some biblical evidence suggesting reincarnation.

"Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." (Malachi 4:5)

The episode in the Bible where Jesus identified John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet is one of the clearest statements which Jesus made concerning reincarnation.
[TR]
[TD]"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come." (Matthew 11:13-14)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
In the above passage, Jesus clearly identifies John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah the prophet.

[TR]
[TD]" ... I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they wished."
"Then the disciples understood that he had spoken of John the Baptist." (Matthew 17:10-13)

"But I tell you, Elijah has come, and they have done to him everything they wished, just as it is written about him." (Mark 9:9-13)

The disciples seem to have believed in pre-existence
"Who sinned, this man or his parents that he was born blind ?" (John 9:1)
If they thought his blindness was the result of sin - and he was born blind - he would have to have sinned prior
to his birth (this time around ?)

The Jewish historian Josephus reckons that the Pharisees believed in reincarnation.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Certainly, many of the early 'church fathers' like Origen and Clement were into it.
Origen said
"The soul has neither beginning nor end … [They] come into this world strengthened by the victories or weakened by the defeats of their previous lives." (Origen, De Principiis)

AND - most of the early churches the Gnostics, the Ebionites, the Nazarites and so on were all believers.

Don't you dare bring that reincarnation bollocks into the Bible. They have nothing to do with each other. And people like the Gnostics were not the early Church, but a bunch of people who combined their pagan beliefs with Christianity. They don't gel, mesh, go together at all. There really is nothing biblical about it all. You'd do well to stay away from that bull, that nonsense, that steaming pile of crap masquerading itself as the truth. Don't mess with God's truth. Yes, some church fathers did believe some weird stuff, but they're not our model for truth, Christ is. Finally, please learn to read Bible passages/verses in context. That will clear up any talk of reincarnation.

Last edited by a moderator:

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
There is no Biblical evidence for reincarnation.

[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Are you suggesting that Jesus was the reincarnation of David? I presume not. And yet He was the 'David' who was to come. John the Baptist was not the reincarnation of Elijah. He was one whom God raised up who was 'like Elijah'. He walked 'in the Spirit and power of Elijah' (Luke 1.15-17). Your suggestion that it is 'clear' goes along with all your other false doctrines.

Origen said

No doubt you can produce EVIDENCE? Your statement is in fact wishful thinking. It may well have been true of the Gnostics of whom Origen was one, but it was not true of the Nazarites and Ebionites. We hardly intend to pattern ourselves on the Gnostics; although maybe you do.

Last edited:

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
There are no Scriptural grounds for thinking that those in Heaven are aware of anything going on on earth. The witnesses of Heb 12.2 were those who had gone before in Heb 11. They witnessed by what they had done

Prayer balloons go into the sky. Heaven is not in the sky.

It is questionable whether we will even know each other in Heaven. What a sad place it would otherwise be for those who were saved out of ungodly families and had no relatives in Heaven. There we will all be taken up with Jesus and the Father. Earthly relationships will be unimportant.

It is best to leave such speculations alone until we know.