im new to this but im needing christian advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

christykay

I have been w/ my husband for almost 18 yrs we have a 16 yr old severely disabled son. I am a stay at home mom & my husband is a tow boat captain. We have had a lot of struggles in our marriage but have always stayed together. We have strayed back & forth away from god over the yrs but have always been believers. We got in a huge argument Mon. & I told him to get his **** & leave so he started packing. Of course I was just mad & didnt really want him to. But he kept packing more & more of his stuff out I realized that he was really leaving I cried & pleaded for him to stay he told me he was already gone & that I made him sick. He left & turned his phone off. He came back the next day he was cold & kept packing he wouldnt talk to me or let me touch him. I asked him where he had put his stuff he said in storage but couldn't remember the name & didnt have a receipt & couldn't remember the name of the hotel he stayed in. Long story short he came back later telling he needed time to get himself right w/ god to be a better father & husband he was crying I asked him to let me know where he was staying & not to shut his phone off b/ c we have a disabled son who just had spine surgery. He said he would let me know & wouldn't turn his phone off but he lied. The next day about 3pm he finally called he had a million excuses but he was leaving to go back on the boat he said he regretted leaving. Then once he got to work he told me he had been chatting with a women & had another phone to talk to her for the last 3 yrs they have seen each other 5 times she has flown to where he has been . She moved here from Nevada to Missouri last Week that's where his stuff is at. I am devasted!

A

Ariel82

i'm so sorry to hear about what is going on.

All I can say is pray and ask God for comfort and guidance.

Your husband has to decide if he will cut ties with her or with you and your family.

it is very hard to have a disabled child to care for and working as a towboat captian often keeps him away from home.

If you love him, remind him of what made him marry you in the first place. See if you can reestablish the love and the friendship you had before your son was born or he started seeing another woman.

Jan 14, 2013
I have been w/ my husband for almost 18 yrs we have a 16 yr old severely disabled son. I am a stay at home mom & my husband is a tow boat captain. We have had a lot of struggles in our marriage but have always stayed together. We have strayed back & forth away from god over the yrs but have always been believers. We got in a huge argument Mon. & I told him to get his **** & leave so he started packing. Of course I was just mad & didnt really want him to. But he kept packing more & more of his stuff out I realized that he was really leaving I cried & pleaded for him to stay he told me he was already gone & that I made him sick. He left & turned his phone off. He came back the next day he was cold & kept packing he wouldnt talk to me or let me touch him. I asked him where he had put his stuff he said in storage but couldn't remember the name & didnt have a receipt & couldn't remember the name of the hotel he stayed in. Long story short he came back later telling he needed time to get himself right w/ god to be a better father & husband he was crying I asked him to let me know where he was staying & not to shut his phone off b/ c we have a disabled son who just had spine surgery. He said he would let me know & wouldn't turn his phone off but he lied. The next day about 3pm he finally called he had a million excuses but he was leaving to go back on the boat he said he regretted leaving. Then once he got to work he told me he had been chatting with a women & had another phone to talk to her for the last 3 yrs they have seen each other 5 times she has flown to where he has been . She moved here from Nevada to Missouri last Week that's where his stuff is at. I am devasted!
Hey Christy,

I am really sorry to hear this but if you are a true believer, in times like this you need to meditate on scripture that speaks of 'the sovereignty of God'. Once you know God is in complete 100% control, you can relax somewhat as scripture also says 'God works all things for the good of those who love him' (Romans 8:2).

You don't have the ability to change Your husbands heart only God does, so pray, and if its God's will your husbands heart will be changed. But if its not God's will, you don't want that anyway because it won't be to your benefit.

The first practical step is to join a local church if you haven't already. There's only a certain amount of help that you can get on an online forum but a pastor and congregation can offer you ongoing, situation specific coherant advice and physical help if need be.

Here are some sovreignity of God verses that keep me from worrying when times get hard:

Gen. 18:14, "Is anything too difficult for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son."

Psalm 115:3, "But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases."

Psalm 135:6, "Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps."

Isaiah 46:10, "Declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, ‘My
purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;"

Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?"

Daniel 4:35, “And all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, but He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of earth; and no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, ‘What hast Thou done?’"

Matthew 19:26, "And looking upon them Jesus said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Luke 1:37, "For nothing will be impossible with God."

Dec 25, 2012
WOW! I'm sorry to hear that. I can't even give you any advice because I wouldn't even know where to start. Marriage is not easy!

I'll pray for you and your family so that God gives you peace and clears your mind in order for you to make good decisions for yourself and your family.

L

LilyOfTheValley

I read similar troubled painful marriages, l couldn't help but to feel dismay seeing today's families struggle together in the end times. At times when my troubled mind and dishearthen feelings overwhelm me with emotional turmoils, all l want is to let go God and my husband, to free myself and my kids from pain with hope to live again without so much struggles. For 10years, l suffer to stay on a pretend and empty marriage for my kids...everyday of my life l live in sorrow because l can't bear the pain my husband cause me now both my children are emotionally trouble and l still hangon to what l no longer know or care. I often have this grip over me...building so much anger in me towards men and God. I love Jesus very much and my two sons are turning into men...l am so fearful if l hang on eventually l heart turn cold towards God and my sons. This dilemma of asking why can't men be faithful, even when they know how much they are hurting the family with so much sins, lie and deceit yet they continue to slip and fall into carnal sins...as a Christian. l apologize for the offense l cause to brothers in Christ in CC, l received much kind responses when l first wrote and l know there are some God fearing strong Christian brothers' too got cheated by their unfaithfull wife/partners but generally men fall into affairs and walk away from responsibilities as a son to their parents, a husband to his wife and a father to his children more often...big responsibility come with big burden, why cause so much pains to all his family members because he can't keep his pants up??? Please if you are offended, need not advice because l need some solid answers to save my soul and family...l am so blinded in anger and sorrow, l am trying to be strong and trying hard to keep my faith.

D

destinyinjesus86

Hi,
Am sorry to hear this. This is a very serious situation. I totally agree with what SeanS has said. We need to pray, but so also you need to seek help locally. I might add, myself had situations where people who were just acquaintances (but were trustworthy somewhat) were willing to lend me a hand in the most lowest moments. I will pray that God changes your husband's heart as well as God sends you a helper.
One verse has kept me through my tribulations though I know am imperfect. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways, my ways. As high as the heavens are from the earth, so are my thoughts than your thoughts and my ways than yours. " (Issiah 55)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I'm praying that he will have a heart change and decide to heal his marriage and leave this other woman. I know it's a hard thing to go through but this could be a major turning point in your marriage....for the better. Do you think you can forgive him for adultery? He's probably carrying around major guilt that is making him immensely unhappy with himself.

Christian marriage counseling really can help a troubled marriage. Do you think he would agree to go? You both probably have resentments and bitterness to be healed from...love and forgiveness can literally change your lives. Praying for you, your husband, and your son...may the Spirit lead you all into healing!

N

Nancyer

Christy -

My heart goes out to you my dear. Been through this myself about 8 years ago, before I came to Christ so I didn't even have Him to lean on. At least you do. I prayed for you and your husband and of course your son. (How was his surgery? Did all go well? May I ask how old he is?) May God heal this family and see you all through this! Please don't let this challenge your faith, that is what will give you strength.

I hope all these blessings and prayers warm you and your son and I hope you have friends and family to support you and help as needed.

In Christ,
Nancyer

D

danschance

I am sorry, that sounds very tragic and devastating. ((((HUGS)))))

Oct 14, 2012
Well, I've been where you are. I know you are hurting, and how bad the hurt feels. I’m going to give it to you hard and straight. It matters not if he did it once with another women, or a thousands times.
In Gods eyes, you are divorced. Your (ex) husband will have to work his problem out alone…it’s not your problem. Sure, you and your son will be effected by it. You have to start figuring out how to care for you and your son.
If he decides to come back, and you take him back, it is you who will have to tell him what he must do before you again trust him, and if he does those things, then, and only then will forgiveness mean any thing.
More times than not it doesn’t work out darling. I know how he must feel, Like all of Heaven is looking down on him.
All you can do baby, is put it all in Gods hands. If it can be saved, it will be.
If it is Gods separating work, it will not get fixed.
I know you are thinking about all the things you did wrong. You did not do the adultery.
Put the matter completely in Gods hands. Cry your eyes out, and in between the tears, feed you and your son/ (It’s okay to swear too.) Gather family, and friend around, cry some more with them…do the laundry. Take your son out to lunch. Shower every day, you don’t want to stink. Jesus said it would be a bunch of pupu we’d have to walk in. Of course he didn’t say it would feel this bad did he? You are in my payers darling,and I will cry with you. Stay strong in the faith…this time will too pass, and there is still more to come.

Domenic