I'm so mad!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristsGirl

my mom told him to not compromise his beliefs and i agree. God Bless you Tintin

C

ChristsGirl

Thank you everyone for helping me let my anger down, God Bless You all!:eek:

C

ChristsGirl

Actually my brother told me and my parents so yes my parents already know.

T

Tintin

God be with you and your brother. I'll be praying for your family. Remember our God (Father/Son/Holy Spirit) is far more powerful than the Enemy.

C

ChristsGirl

Thnx Tintin

K

kenisyes

he said he prayed that the Holy Spirit would surround him as he did the dance.
The same Holy SPirit whose work is creating this entire discussion, so the young man can now be certain of his motives, his love for Jesus, and be prepared to hear God next time even more clearly.

C

Cino

Perhaps you can tell the teacher that you cannot do such dances as it is against your religion. If she doesn't listen, take it higher to the principal, or even the council.

T

Tintin

Cino, it's her brother, not her but you make a good point.

Oct 31, 2011
Tell your brother that there is no water goddess, and to think of it as a hollywood acting class.
Tell him to ham it up real good and pretend like he's really into it and get a good grade.
Give caesar what he claims is his.
Then your brother can come home and laugh with you about it.

God isn't going to punish a kid for being forced to do something.
And there's no chance the kid is really going to summon anything except humor at your teachers expense.
I would even have him go back after the grade is complete and tell the teacher that you all had a good laugh at her silly ritual when he got home.
I don't think that is going to cut it with God, and it is teaching the young that it is. If you act a certain way but believe another way it doesn't work. If your beliefs never develop into any action it doesn't work God says so. Look at the story of Daniel. He said no, I won't eat your food. He said no, I won't bow to the symbol of your government.

C

Cino

Cino, it's her brother, not her but you make a good point.
I was talking about her brother. Ok, I said maybe "you", but I mean her or her brother or mother, whatever. I went to church this morning, and the preacher said that when he went to school, he was made to do things against the family's religion. The school would not change the situation, and even after his parent's talked to the school, they refused. So, he said his parents took him out of the school and put him in another school. If this boy does not like to do the things the school asks him because of religious reasons, and no matter WHO talks to them the school will not change, he is not forced to stay in that school. He has the freedom to leave that school and go to another school that suits him better.

C

ChristianGuy0

Ask your brother- "What would God want you to do? Would God prefer you to do the dance for the marks or to decline doing the dance?"

Read him the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, from Daniel chapter 1-3. They were willing to give their lives not to bow down before a false God. Then ask him what he thinks he should do and I think his answer will reveal something about where his heart is it in relation to God.

I would pull my kid out of school for this. I don't see it as a little thing- God wouldn't want us doing something like this.

Last edited:

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I think this would fall under worshiping idols or other gods....which God made clear in the Ten Commandments that we were not to do.

The teacher may not have any idea what Christian teachings are. This would be a good opportunity to politely and calmly educate her :). Maybe it would be helpful for your parents to go to the teacher and politely explain why this goes against your Christian beliefs. Remember...she is living in the dark but you are living in the light. When we share our light, the darkness disappears.

H

hope36523

can you tell your mom or dad or another adult cause that teacher can not make students do what there parents do not approove of i would take it to the principal if that did not work i would go to the board of education.

J

Jordache

When I was a senior in high school I did a group project on Hinduism. We had to do a ceremony for the presentation and I told the teacher I couldn't do it. It's illegal for you to be marked down for not participating based on religious objection. As a freshman I refused to read some of the books. I was always given another assignment.

D

DragonSlayer

Your brother did the wrong thing unfortunately !
The Holy Spirit cannot bless iniquity ! Your brother soothed his mind with lies ! Your brother should repent about the pagan dance he did, and about the slander he did to the Holy Spirit !

Daniel's three friends refused to worship the golden statute of Nebuchadnezzar, and they were condemned to death ! But the Lord protected them with an angel, and the King repented of his iniquity. Your brother should have done the same thing, and his teacher may have repented of her iniquity ! It was a great occasion for your brother to bring a living faith's testimony to his pagan teacher, and he missed it !
Next time his teacher wish to do the same thing, he should do the right thing ! Fear of men is a trap !

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I'm really angry 'cause my brother had to do this "cultural dance" at school. His teacher, Mrs Luthuli,made the how class go out on the field to throw popcorn seeds on the ground and do a chant. Apparentely, its supposed to summon the "water goddes." I mean no offense to the culture, but the majority of my brothers class is Christian. I'm angry because mrs luthuli is trying to make the class stop being Christians and it's not the first time she tried. She also did it last year and a few years ago apparentely. What should I do? My brother's not keen on doing it, but apprentely it's 4 marks so he can't back out of it.

Can i have ur opinion on this please, thnx.
Maybe, just trust God in and through all this, that God will come through. You know somehow after the cross, it has not gone away and many a men have tried. The longest lasting truth has stayed in the forefront.
I think God knows what God is about and we just don't understand this in usually wanting our own way(s)

It kind of like taking a mirror and breaking that mirror on the ground, only picking up a piece or a few only seeing part of the picture. When the whole picture in the mirror needs to be put back together and this is done through Faith in God and exercising that belief in God. So ask God to put all the pieces together in you and fro you and see the new life he has for you, and stand fast in God trusting God to lead you in this
As he told his disciples
[h=3]Matthew 10:16-20[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. [SUP]17 [/SUP]But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; [SUP]18 [/SUP]and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. [SUP]19 [/SUP]But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. [SUP]20 [/SUP]For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.