In need of some help/advice!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MissMimii

Hi my fellow brothers/sisters in Christ. I'm going through some dilemmas and not sure what to do. I thought growing up I had a normal life and normal family despite some childhood mishaps. When I got in my late teens I was in a horrible car accident. I'm so grateful to God/Jesus that I survived. I ended up getting hooked on pain meds, my life was messy. I was in a dark place.
My Lord, Light, and Savior Jesus Christ saved me 2yrs ago. Since being saved my outlook on life changed, I became a new person in Christ. I started reading my bible, learning, and getting to know about The Son Of The Living God who died for me and Ressurected on the 3rd Day.
I told my testimony to my family members hoping they would rejoice and become closer to God/Jesus. But I saw that they didn't. I didn't hold them accountable for anything because I thought anyhow they still believed.
However this year, this is what happened my mother completely changed her attitude with me from one day to the next, literally. It hurts and I hate to say this but I see this self-seeking, selfish, manipulative, careless, lady now. It must of been who she was my entire life. Ultimately what's in the dark must come to light. She has a dark spirit inside of her, it's no wonder growing up she was into getting tarot cards read and God knows what else.
I believe my mother has been on an evil side, doing the works of satan. That is who she worships.
I have a sister who also worships satan. They do evil cult practices. I feel as though she's hindered my growth progress in life because of her wickedness. Deep down she is very envious, I can tell because she gossips and the way she does it.
I didn't want to move away from her before because I'd feel guilty of leaving her. But now that I am aware of this I want to get away from her wickedness, just recently though before coming to know about this I left my job (which wasn't giving me enough hours) to find a new one. Still looking for a job so it's not like I can move out anytime soon. I even thought of leaving town but won't survive with the least bit of money or shelter, I thought about going to a homeless shelter just to get away from her. I love my mother and it hurts to know this. Please help with any advice. I think the end of times are near because this world seems to get more wicked. I thank God/Jesus/Holy Ghost/Spirit for His discernment. I know God/Jesus have a plan and a purpose for me, for all of His children. Nothing is a waste with God/Jesus.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Pray for her and your sister. And ask God to provide the means necessary to move away from them..

Nov 14, 2016
Hi my fellow brothers/sisters in Christ. I'm going through some dilemmas and not sure what to do. I thought growing up I had a normal life and normal family despite some childhood mishaps. When I got in my late teens I was in a horrible car accident. I'm so grateful to God/Jesus that I survived. I ended up getting hooked on pain meds, my life was messy. I was in a dark place.
My Lord, Light, and Savior Jesus Christ saved me 2yrs ago. Since being saved my outlook on life changed, I became a new person in Christ. I started reading my bible, learning, and getting to know about The Son Of The Living God who died for me and Ressurected on the 3rd Day.
I told my testimony to my family members hoping they would rejoice and become closer to God/Jesus. But I saw that they didn't. I didn't hold them accountable for anything because I thought anyhow they still believed.
However this year, this is what happened my mother completely changed her attitude with me from one day to the next, literally. It hurts and I hate to say this but I see this self-seeking, selfish, manipulative, careless, lady now. It must of been who she was my entire life. Ultimately what's in the dark must come to light. She has a dark spirit inside of her, it's no wonder growing up she was into getting tarot cards read and God knows what else.
I believe my mother has been on an evil side, doing the works of satan. That is who she worships.
I have a sister who also worships satan. They do evil cult practices. I feel as though she's hindered my growth progress in life because of her wickedness. Deep down she is very envious, I can tell because she gossips and the way she does it.
I didn't want to move away from her before because I'd feel guilty of leaving her. But now that I am aware of this I want to get away from her wickedness, just recently though before coming to know about this I left my job (which wasn't giving me enough hours) to find a new one. Still looking for a job so it's not like I can move out anytime soon. I even thought of leaving town but won't survive with the least bit of money or shelter, I thought about going to a homeless shelter just to get away from her. I love my mother and it hurts to know this. Please help with any advice. I think the end of times are near because this world seems to get more wicked. I thank God/Jesus/Holy Ghost/Spirit for His discernment. I know God/Jesus have a plan and a purpose for me, for all of His children. Nothing is a waste with God/Jesus.
*** (praying)***keep yourself safe in this mess***trust God to direct you*** if you can find a way to leave and take care of yourself that might be best...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Praise God for saving your life and bringing you into the Living Light! I am sorry to hear that your closest family members are so entrenched in what they no doubt see as emancipated spiritual (as opposed to religious) practices. Probably the best thing you can do for them is to pray for them, and be a good example to them.

letThereBeLight.jpg

K

kaylagrl

Im sorry you are in this situation. And Im sorry you are having issues with your mother. You do understand that there is nothing she can do to harm you? God is greater in you than anything the devil can throw at you. You dont have to worry that anything your mother can do can harm you.

The best thing you can do is pray for your mom. Have you watched the movie "The Cast for Christ?" Its running right now and I think it would be an encouragement to you.Its a true story of how an atheist became a believer when he tried to prove the Bible was fiction.His wife became a Christian and he was very angry with her.She continued to pray for him and now he is the pastor of the church he first visited as an atheist.I know it is a test of your faith but God can move in this situation. I would suggest fasting and prayer. If you have a Christian friend that you are close to,ask them to agree with you in prayer. God can change your circumstances,prayer is your key.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Ask God what he wants you to do and pray for them. Let God lead you.
I do not think that its for you to stay there right now until your more solid and strong in God and can face evil..especially of that sort but thats just me.
I will keep u in prayer

B

bestbefore1973

My step mother was also into dark occult practises, she had a whole room to herself just for her occult trinkets. To think that she would rather have her idols and crystals in there rather than me when I was sick for years, still angers me. So I know how you feel, but in my case Jesus kept saying to me "He who leaves mother, father, brother, sister for my sake will gain 100 fold."

And that's what I did.

M

MissMimii

Thank you all, in Christ Jesus

M

MissMimii

Im sorry you are in this situation. And Im sorry you are having issues with your mother. You do understand that there is nothing she can do to harm you? God is greater in you than anything the devil can throw at you. You dont have to worry that anything your mother can do can harm you.

The best thing you can do is pray for your mom. Have you watched the movie "The Cast for Christ?" Its running right now and I think it would be an encouragement to you.Its a true story of how an atheist became a believer when he tried to prove the Bible was fiction.His wife became a Christian and he was very angry with her.She continued to pray for him and now he is the pastor of the church he first visited as an atheist.I know it is a test of your faith but God can move in this situation. I would suggest fasting and prayer. If you have a Christian friend that you are close to,ask them to agree with you in prayer. God can change your circumstances,prayer is your key.
I haven't seen that movie but will look out for it.
Please keep me in your prayers!

M

MissMimii

My step mother was also into dark occult practises, she had a whole room to herself just for her occult trinkets. To think that she would rather have her idols and crystals in there rather than me when I was sick for years, still angers me. So I know how you feel, but in my case Jesus kept saying to me "He who leaves mother, father, brother, sister for my sake will gain 100 fold."

And that's what I did.

Did you plan and prepare before you left?

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:1-5). I understand having no desire to dwell with your mother, but I'd pity her rather than fear her. People are nuts, looking for answers to everything in the occult while ignoring the simple truth (Christ). Hopefully she'll grow out of it, all you can do is be a good Christian example and pray that your mom comes to her senses.