In need of some key verses!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bryen1993

Oct 6, 2011
What are some verses both females and males should memorize when dealing with certain struggles like lust,greed ect.
Thanks and have a blessed day!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
What are some verses both females and males should memorize when dealing with certain struggles like lust,greed ect.
Proverbs 11:6The righteousness of the upright will deliver them, But the unfaithful will be caught by their lust.
(The only one righteous is Christ Jesus who came to earth and fulfilled the Law and Prophets)
( when you believe you receive the Holy Spirit of promise and He will be your communicater between you and Father)
[h=3]Ephesians 1:13[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Jeremiah 13:27
I have seen your adulteries And your lustful neighings, The lewdness of your harlotry, Your abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe to you, O Jerusalem! Will you still not be made clean?” (you see this, you by faith in Christ will be made clean and this was before Christ came, today we are looking back at Christ and the finished work where in and through him by belief you are made clean by his Father him giving you his type of love that this world does not have
1cor. 13:4-7
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; [SUP]5 [/SUP]does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; [SUP]6 [/SUP]does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; [SUP]7 [/SUP]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

[h=3]Romans 6:11-13[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]11 [/SUP]Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. [SUP]13 [/SUP]And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
This is accomplish by being dead to sin and your belief in this. Now go and ask God and open up the word trusting for God to show you how to escape this evil world its ways of selfishness
In Love Homwardbound

A

Abiding

[h=3]1 Corinthians 6:1[/h]
[SUP]18 FLEE[/SUP] fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Proverbs 15:27
A greedy man brings trouble to his family, but he who hates bribes will live.

Proverbs 18:1
An unfriendly man pursues selfish ends; he defies all sound judgment.

Proverbs 23:6
Do not eat the food of a stingy man, do not crave his delicacies;

Proverbs 28:22
A stingy man is eager to get rich and is unaware that poverty awaits him.

Proverbs 28:25
A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper.

Proverbs 29:4
By justice a king gives a country stability, but one who is greedy for bribes tears it down.

Isaiah 57:17
I was enraged by his sinful greed; I punished him, and hid my face in anger, yet he kept on in his willful ways.

Jeremiah 6:13
"From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

Jeremiah 8:10
Therefore I will give their wives to other men and their fields to new owners. From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

Ezekiel 16:27
So I stretched out my hand against you and reduced your territory; I gave you over to the greed of your enemies, the daughters of the Philistines, who were shocked by your lewd conduct.

Ezekiel 33:31
My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain.

Matthew 23:25
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Mark 7:21-23
21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "

Mark 8:36
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

Luke 11:39
Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.

Luke 12:15
Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

Romans 1:29
They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,

1 Corinthians 5:10
not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1 Corinthians 6:10
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:3
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person-such a man is an idolater-has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

M

maximillion

1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV)
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

A

Abiding

A thread that cant bring contention. From a man who wants to learn
to honor God.

You cant beat that!:cool:

Feb 11, 2012
Many verses that will give you strength over lust, but they are just words on a page if you have never repented and crucified your fleah with Christ!
Are you abiding or sinning?
1Jn 3:6 Everyone who abides in Him does not sin. Everyone who sins has not seen Him nor known Him.
The word of God is very clear who the children of God are, and who the children of the devil are, in this verse as well as many others that state what a true follower of Christ does.
They abide in Him.
G3306
μένω
menō
men'-o
A primary verb; to stay (in a given place, state, relation or expectancy): - abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry (for), X thine own.
And do not sin! Another words a true convert will first come into the kingdom purged and cleansed that can only come from real repentance and faith, laying aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness first.
Then if the repentance is real and genuine, the act of willful, predetermined, deliberate sin and rebellion has stopped, ceased, no more, put to death, crucified with Christ, never to be brought out again!
You can argue all day and night about what sin is or isn’t, or that all sin is the same cop out, but the bottom line here is the act where the desires meet the will, and rebellious actions against God come into effect!
The scriptures must harmonize together, and they do when you take the whole council of God, which clearly negates the sin every day in thought, word and deed crowd, who was told they are saved by saying the sinners prayer, and that they will continue to sin as true follower of Christ.
1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
Again the sin dilemma is explained by the word of God, telling you that the ones who are born of God (born again) DO NOT sin willfully against God, for they WILL keep themselves, such as putting on the full armor of God, guarding their heart, filling their mind with the precious truths of God, and avoiding all forms of temptation and evil as commanded.
Now if you consider this being self-righteous, or prideful in any way, then you are receiving this message in your carnal mind that has been clouded by the wolves telling you constantly that sin is inbred into your members, you cannot stop, maybe slow down a bit, but if you could stop fornication, lying, cheating, adulteration, lusting after the things of the world, getting drunk, etc., then you wouldn’t need Jesus!
Again another false straw man excuse for sin, when the word clearly explains those born of God, who came to Him on His terms, DO not sin, and if they choose to do so, then woe to them!
The great mercy of God is there and available to all those who are still in bondage to sin and the lies as I was for most of my adult life and more so when I thought I got saved, but here is the great lie, that satan whisper’s in your ear, telling you, that you can sin (rebel against God) ant not die spiritually!
The great mercy of God also, does not cover the unrepentant sinner, who is struggling with many addictions and sin, He is waiting patiently for now for you to repent, stop sinning, get clear of all wrong doing, then seek His mercy, not think all is well since you said a little prayer, and confessed you are a sinner! God already knows that!
He commands all mankind everywhere to repent, forsake their flesh and worldly passions, and come to Him broken and dead to sin, now alive to Him. Please read Romans Ch. 6, it applies to all professing Christians today; it’s not some foreign provision, but a reality few will adhere to.
Pro 28:13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.
So do you know God? Or are you playing games with Him by defending sin and then blaming this sin on a false inbred nature your denomination or bible teacher told you to be true!!
Gal 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

Gal 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Tommy

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things."

Romans 12:2
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, and perfect will."

Romans 12:9-10 (this could be a good one in regards to greed, putting others above yourself)
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

This is one that I have started to memorize, I find it quite helpful when I'm feeling down on myself or my past decisions.
1 Timothy 1:15-16
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in Him and receive eternal life."

:)