In the Midst of His People

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Have you ever had God pull you out of the midst of a fire storm in your life?

Protect you from yourself or others?

Stood with you in the MIDST of the fire?

Please give Him praise by sharing it with us. :)

Attachments

Aug 29, 2012
Until this year, 18 was the worst year of my life and yet also the best year ever.

I lost the last three members of my family, my mother (heart attack), youngest sister (kidnapped) and last brother (a hail of bullets he earned). I exploded internally. If life was senseless, if it was random, it it had no meaning - well I was going to do everything I wanted to!

And I did, no nothing fancy like sinning my soul out! But, for six weeks I did it all - climbing with no ropes, skiing glaciers, sightseeing the grand west, car racing, every dangerous thing you can think of. And if I died, awesome! I was going to go out with a laugh on my lips! Then at six weeks of this riotous living, I was so busted up it took me a few years to recover physically, and I was forced to read the New Testament just out of plain boredom. One of the ladies whom helped care for me was a Christian, noted my reading material and conversation was natural. Three months later, Chip is now a Christian.

Not because of her, or anything she said, other than to point out miracles I had seen and never recognized.

Where did God come in? He kept my hide together through some pretty hair raising events in those six weeks! He protected others around me, from me and my self destruction. And when that monster crash came, leaving my car a pile of wreckage and me getting to know my bones by sight, He helped me heal slow enough to learn to come to Him. He kept the possible bone infections away (we American Indians are not noted for our immune systems). By the laws of physics I should have died many times over during that month and a half. By God's law, He wanted me and He did what it took for me to become His.

No, I still pull some pretty stupid stunts, but God is still being generous with me (hey, Chip where is your face mask? ah I don't need it today, I am on a break line... yeah, cough, cough, cough.....turn blue.....).

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
As I've referenced numerous times in this forum before, 30 was in some ways the worst year of my life, but at the same time it was the best because of how obvious God's hand was in it. Although the fire was of my own making and there were consequences to be paid, God used it to bring me back to him and walked with me through it. I saw miracle after miracle that year that would just take way too much time to type and it would end up looking like a novel.

J

Jullianna

Surely God is doing more than this.... :(

If you DON'T see Him acting in the midst of your life..why do you think that is?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

If you DON'T see Him acting in the midst of your life..why do you think that is?
I think that for many people, if it isn't obviously miraculous they don't think to give credit to God. In this current economy if you've got a job and are able to keep a roof over your head you should be thanking God because many aren't so fortunate. If you have good friends thank God because many don't. If you have a stable family thank God because many come from dysfunctional homes.

We serve a good God and every good thing that we have comes from Him even it was acquired by hard work and sweat on our part. He gave us the abilities to do the hard work.

N

nw2u

I can't know what God is thinking. If I had to guess I would say:

1. I am not thinking along the same lines as God. (We want different things)
2. I am lacking faith.
3. My expectations are unrealistic.
4. God is not going to act in my life because, well, He doesn't have to. He is God.
5. I don't recognize His works.

It could be any or all of these. I don't have a clue. Only He can provide the answers.

Good thread recovery. :)

4evrfree

The last several months have had some hard moments for my family and I... at 19 weeks of pregnancy my sister found out her baby has no kidneys and will not live but a bit after birth.. She will likely carry him full term. As you can imagine its not easy letting go of someone you've already fallen in love with though you have never met him.. We hear his heart beat so strong now but know he is not ours to keep. Yet through those awful moments when reality strikes and everything feels like to much to take Gods presents is stronger than ever! Bible verses come to my mind and even when everything feels so huge and impossible I know in the end, regardless of what happens, everything will be ok because He is still in control!! There have been a number of times recently that it felt like God was putting me through the fire for different reasons but I've always felt Him right next to me!

J

Jullianna

Will be praying for you guys. You're in gentle hands. <3

K

kayem77

The last several months have had some hard moments for my family and I... at 19 weeks of pregnancy my sister found out her baby has no kidneys and will not live but a bit after birth.. She will likely carry him full term. As you can imagine its not easy letting go of someone you've already fallen in love with though you have never met him.. We hear his heart beat so strong now but know he is not ours to keep. Yet through those awful moments when reality strikes and everything feels like to much to take Gods presents is stronger than ever! Bible verses come to my mind and even when everything feels so huge and impossible I know in the end, regardless of what happens, everything will be ok because He is still in control!! There have been a number of times recently that it felt like God was putting me through the fire for different reasons but I've always felt Him right next to me!

Sorry to hear about that...a prayer is sent to you and your sister.