In the world you have tribulation.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jesus said,"In the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world!"

Ive been thinking about this scripture, Jesus's words, for some time .
I took courage from His words, when it came to the familier struggles and struggles of the world.
But only recently has Jesus's message held so much wisdom as well.
In the beginning I saw Jesus's message as comfort in all the many struggles, challanges, injuries, cruel actions, sins, well the list could go on...:).
And I took comfort and courage in knowing that Jesus overcame all for us, and that in Him, we would have victory.
But , in the last few days, His message showed me so much more.

That we do not have to be victims of the world!

How often have we said why?
Or how come some are so cruel?
Or when will it change?
Why my own flesh is failing?
Where is the healing?
Even defending the reasons why we do what we do, or excuse our selves, because of another's action, or the world's actions.
Asking where is the mercy, where is the kindness, where is the love you spoke to?
Or unable to find peace, because we wait for another to fix or bring restitution.
Seeing ourselves as victims of sin, of others, or the world?

Because of this, often unable to move forward in faith, or seeking some way to feel secure or worth it.
Basically, victims.

Again, Jesus said," in the world you have tribulation, but take courage! I have overcome the world!" WOW! :)
Jesus is telling us that we do not have to be victims, but in Him, victors!!!!

For as Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life!
It is in Him, that we recieive and know His salvation, victory, truth, love!
I realised that my struggle was because as ussual, I was looking to self, not to Jesus.
I was waiting for what I thought should be, instead of living in Jesus, and living the victory He already won for us!
That the things of the world no longer mattered.

Jesus said we need to set ourselves aside to follow Him.
I realised I was not to look to my injuries or tribulations, but to Jesus.
And in Jesus, live the victory He won for us, not through seeking self, but Him.
The love we are looking for is known first in Jesus, and then in our own actions, not in waiting for another or the world to change so we can feel better.
The victory in in Jesus, walking by faith in His victory, His mercy, His love given through us to others.

The amazing is, when I stopped worrying about what the world does, or others, and in Jesus started living His victory through faith..
Not only did I now know Jesus's victory, but His healing love and peace as well.
Because I walked and served in His love, that His love came alive in me.
Because I no longer sought it in the world ...
But in His victory, salvation, in Jesus!

Anyway, just wanted to share this, for His glory!
And maby, in witness to another who may need. :)

In Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!
No longer a victim, but victor in Jesus!
:)
God bless
pickles

H

Hopetobe

John 16:33 - I have said these things to you so that by means of me you may have peace.+ In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage! I have conquered the world.”

Jesus always did God’s will. Not once did he even entertain the thought of disobeying his heavenly Father.

His personally enduring in faith as a human despite suffering proved his complete integrity. Jesus, the Son of God, grew spiritually. What can we learn from his experience?

Although he was a perfect man, Jesus did not try to remain perfectly obedient on his own. He prayed for God’s help to remain obedient. (Read Hebrews 5:7.) For us to remain obedient, we too need a humble, prayerful attitude. For this reason, Christians are counseled to Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,” who “humbled himself and became obedient as far as death.” (Phil. 2:5-8) Jesus’ course proved that obedience is possible for humans even amid a wicked society. Granted, Jesus was perfect, but what about imperfect humans like us?

It means that we can decide to do good or to do bad. In other words, God has given us the freedom to choose to obey him or to disobey. Along with such great freedom comes responsibility, accountability. Indeed, our moral decisions mean life or death for us. They also impact on those around us.

Our courageously standing up for righteous principles brings Jehovah delight, and knowing that increases our courage. Therefore, let us always imitate Jesus’ example, taking a courageous stand for righteousness!