in timothy, what did an apostle of christ jesus by the will of god, tell widows ??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2014
in timothy, what did an apostle of christ jesus by the will of god, tell widows TODAY ??

thankfully, btw, the apostle paul, called and chosen by the will of god,

wrote it down. no guessing involved!

Dec 26, 2014
Re: in timothy, what did an apostle of christ jesus by the will of god, tell widows

hahaha,,, here's a little bit ..... maybe more than enough.... (simple and little as this is, it only

takes one(though many are in Scripture) example in this case to prove one particular group false)....

by Revelation of Yahshua to Paul from the letter to Timothy in Scripture >>

".... , and ·giving [devoting] her life to do all kinds of good deeds...."

(which see for further expansion/context -- although this is true just as it is and in most contexts in Scripture, several being
written).

p.s. (in line with all Yahshua said in the 4 main Gospels and Torah and Scripture and by Revelation)
p.p.s. (and constantly, several times every day, being denied by a false gospel online and in the world).

D

DesiredHaven

Someone here was trying to spiritualize the widow once but they are spoken of throughout the scripture

Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards:
they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Whereas again...

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Again...

They judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Here the same issues come up...

Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

Same examples can be found of judging the cause of the poor and needy, like all the weaker he has in his heart

He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD.

But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

They were not supposed to oppress the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor

Even James points out (NT here)

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Which makes me think of something else too, when he would come in judgment to be a witness against things, a couple of which were in respects to the widow and the fatherless as shown here

Mal 3:4 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Prov 29:7 The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.

Just as you might see the same in James who hear was speaking up for their cause

James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

And again

James 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

He says this also,

Jerm 22:16 He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD.

So the poor, the needy, the stranger, the widow, the fatherless are spoken of through scripture

I have another one written, I never hear this brought up even by teachers these days, but it is shown even in Acts.

Last edited:
D

DesiredHaven

Jesus speaks to the gift itself, when he speaks of honoring ones parents. And at anytime our parents (even as any of us) can be made a widow.

Paul says, says, Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Which here would have to indicate an older child able to do so because it also says,

If any
widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

He also says

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Whereas it seems that the Pharisees would devour widows homes, and would (in respect to the commandment) twist it upon the ones who were to honor their mother and father (even with such a gift) into calling it a corban (or as a gift devoted to God). Jesus said (in respects to them doing this) they suffered not those to do for their parents and made the commandment of God to none effect, Like mass producing infidels

I always wondered how they did that though. Like did they take that commandment and somehow use it to their own advantage? Like saying, hey, WE are your spiritual parents (so to speak) and therefore any help they (your natural parents might receive of you) you should really divert to us (your spiritual parents). Like after that manner?

I'm really guessing because they were always trying to get their grubby hands on gifts and rewards (and the homes of widows were devoured through their doing.

Which would make sense of the next verse

Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Like multiplying transgressors among men by the twisting of the commandment to honor ones parents and of the honor (per the gift) to be diverted into their covetous hands.

Thats sort of what I was thinking of

We have the stranger, widow, fatherless even in the OT and the NT

Exodus 22:21 Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Exodus 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.

Exodus 22:23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;

Exodus 22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Which was said of Judas also (who cared not for the poor) in the part after "let his days be few" it says...

Psalm 109:9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

Whereas here it says,

Duet 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

They follow after reward even took rewards

Isaiah 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Shown in Jesus Christ...

Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation

Psalm 146:9 The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

Duet 10:18 He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

Duet 24:17 Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow's raiment to pledge:

Exodus 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Zach 7:10 Oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

1Ti 5:4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Denying the faith itself is in that one (well, if you don't do this)

And because even sinners do the same (love their own) as Jesus pointed out. So I can see why these would be worse than an infidel (unbeliever) for not doing what even sinners actually do.

Dec 26, 2014
Whereas it seems that the Pharisees would devour widows homes, and would (in respect to the commandment) twist it upon the ones who were to honor their mother and father (even with such a gift) into calling it a corban (or as a gift devoted to God). Jesus said (in respects to them doing this) they suffered not those to do for their parents and made the commandment of God to none effect, Like mass producing infidels

I always wondered how they did that though
Like did they take that commandment and somehow use it to their own advantage? Like saying, hey, WE are your spiritual parents (so to speak) and therefore any help they (your natural parents might receive of you) you should really divert to us (your spiritual parents). Like after that manner? .........
(noting there are exceptions. you might find in your lifetime, yahweh willing, an exception(i.e. a 'true' assembly) )

they don't say we are your parents. they say we are god on earth(or god's divine representative). (rcc, and some others). so whatever you devote/give/donate to US you are giving to god (as a good and faithful puppet, deceived).....

they do that today. they talk home owners into signing their property they are living in

over to the business (church), sometimes in their "last will and testament" ,

and sometimes in a way BEFORE THEY DIE. (like the demonically/greed inspired reverse mortgage idea)

not just church businesses, but many many many so-called 'charities', and of course all kinds of corporate businesses.

the children / family/ relatives are left with nothing, often,

and the church business refuses(often) to offer any help or
even anything , not even trying or bothering to pretend as if they actually care.

R

RachelBibleStudent

hahaha,,, here's a little bit ..... maybe more than enough.... (simple and little as this is, it only

takes one(though many are in Scripture) example in this case to prove one particular group false)....

by Revelation of Yahshua to Paul from the letter to Timothy in Scripture >>

".... , and ·giving [devoting] her life to do all kinds of good deeds...."

(which see for further expansion/context -- although this is true just as it is and in most contexts in Scripture, several being
written).

p.s. (in line with all Yahshua said in the 4 main Gospels and Torah and Scripture and by Revelation)
p.p.s. (and constantly, several times every day, being denied by a false gospel online and in the world).
nobody is telling people not to do good deeds...giving false testimony is a sin...

Jul 22, 2014
I have talked with some sin and still be saved proponents who believe they have a license to sin (Both in person and online). One person I talked to actually used those words, "license to sin." They also do not believe works are in no way necessary to prove that one's faith is true. They believe a mental acknowledgment that Jesus is the Savior is all you need. Some of them believe that Jesus and Paul taught two different gospels. So if Jeff is speaking in general and he is not specifically referencing any one person per say or group of people (who does not actually believe that), then he is in the clear. If he has wrongfully accused some one then it would be my hope that he would say he was sorry.

Personally, it is a full time job trying to keep track of who believes what exactly. So when I speak on how wrong and evil it is concerning the "Sin and still be saved" doctrine that is popular in the churches today, I strive to say.... IF you believe such and such, etc., etc. This way, I am not really saying they believe that but if they do just happen to believe (the very thing I am talking about)... then.... well.... the Bible is condemning them at that point (And not me). For it is God's Word that will judge men on the last day.

Dec 26, 2014
shalom in yahshua, and no worries jason. she doesn't have a clue. no worries.