Incorporate a bible story into a past event of your singles life. What one? Outcome?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Take a story like, just, hmm, for example, let's say, the stone and sling boy, David, and, the mighty man, Goliath, and throw it into your single life past, or, even, your present singleness.

How does it relate ?

Do you have a parallel bible story, like, let's say how you decided to go to bible school?

Or, you were walking down the street, a tough guy/gal type, who ruled the área, like Saul (who became Paul), well, uh-yeah, let's hope you weren't killing christians :( Then, something, suddenly, stopped you, maybe not a blinding light and God's voice, like Saul story goes to change him into the great orator, Paul, telling churches good and bad things being done. God showed you a better way to rule :)

But, yeah, toss us a story of your own life you want to tell, where you had to overcome great odds to get something done, get out of a tough financial fix, get away from a harmful relationship.

Maybe the situation wasn't a matter of life or death--like walking on the street with a girl you like when, all the sudden, a knife-wielding robber shows up . Maybe not like that, but maybe it was.

How did you get through the situation? Just a few details, no need to get explicit explaining things , like that (very) wordy GreenNnice guy :D. But, you can explain away, too, short, or, long story , just make this THREAD RELEVANT, lol, incorporate a bible story into your own single story . :)

Could you see God help your story turn out for the better, like happened in many bible stories?
----------

C

CC_Bride

Ive definitely felt like my life represented the Book of Hosea in the past. Unfaithfulness like a prostitute, God disciplines me for my own good then brings me back into his loving arms.

On the other hand, I have consistently enjoyed reading about Peter's story. Im SO like him. And not in the good way. I mean in the annoying consistent habit I have of being impetuous, hard headed, saying the dumbest thing at the worst time. Typical foot in my mouth type stuff. Just like Peter. Theres so many moments in the bible where I rechon if you could hear Peters thoughts you would've heard a lot of "Doh!" And I love how Jesus just constantly loves that man and invests and trains this bloke despite his huge character flaws. And I love even more that even after the resurrection Peter is still imperfect. And the best ending being that Peter was so fired up for God he humbly embraced being crucified upside down in order so that he would never again deny Christ. I hope I don't get martyred for my faith, but I hope I end this life and enter the next humbly grateful that Jesus would love someone so annoying as me :D

All I can say is - God is good

G

GreenNnice

Ive definitely felt like my life represented the Book of Hosea in the past. Unfaithfulness like a prostitute, God disciplines me for my own good then brings me back into his loving arms.

On the other hand, I have consistently enjoyed reading about Peter's story. Im SO like him. And not in the good way. I mean in the annoying consistent habit I have of being impetuous, hard headed, saying the dumbest thing at the worst time. Typical foot in my mouth type stuff. Just like Peter. Theres so many moments in the bible where I rechon if you could hear Peters thoughts you would've heard a lot of "Doh!" And I love how Jesus just constantly loves that man and invests and trains this bloke despite his huge character flaws. And I love even more that even after the resurrection Peter is still imperfect. And the best ending being that Peter was so fired up for God he humbly embraced being crucified upside down in order so that he would never again deny Christ. I hope I don't get martyred for my faith, but I hope I end this life and enter the next humbly grateful that Jesus would love someone so annoying as me :D

_________
Excellent comparison bible figure person and stories, CC, I like your relevance to Peter story and Hosea, sounds strange to say 'excellent' on it when you hear what I say next, but, trust me, EXCELLENT CHOICE, milady :D

. I will have to read 'Hosea,' it's interesting you say that, the Lord leads, and, He's not leading right now :D , but there is some story or maybe sermon on YouTube of Hosea, I just can't remember, I just seem to remember someone mentioning a 'Hosea' something that was helping people in life. Maybe I will get back to you on that :)
_){_

My own story is some like Peter, too, now that you mentioned it, CC, yes, indeed, verily, verily, I say unto you, I can be the person always asking questions (I've done freelance writing for publish, I should be that way, right :D ) , like, and, you might think I 'that guy' , or, rather, 'NOT that guy' who is ALWAYS asking you questions during a movie that is hard to understand, like a CIA thriller with a lot going on in it, like, hmm, can't think of any, I try to forget those type of movies, I guess :D The show, '24' is one show I would watch at friends and they quit inviting me because I always asking what 'Jack Bauer meant by that what' or the plot was over me. Idk, I know I can analyze things quite well, when the Lord leads, but I am often too the 'Peter' type, too. Maybe, too, just me getting lazy because I don't want to think that much :D But, no, I admit, I don't make the connections so perfectly either with scene to scene of a 'thick' dialogue movie.

Jul 25, 2005
The story of Stephen. I went down for an ideal.

G

GreenNnice

The story of Stephen. I went down for an ideal.
Can you extrapolate, ritt :D

________-
And, how the hey-hey-hey are you doing, HEY! aren't you pretty busy this time of year, are you media consulting or anything for anyone now for the upcoming election ? Inquiring minds want to know :D

God bless you, Christ bro :)

K

kayem77

I would like to answer this Mr.Green but right now noone specifically comes into my mind :(

G

GreenNnice

I would like to answer this Mr.Green but right now noone specifically comes into my mind :(
++++++++++
The Lord leads, kayM. Maybe try spending a little time reading a children's bible, perhaps, with all those cool full-color pictures to go with the stories, I find that simpicity of story can really let me see things that I didn't see before. God's wealth of blessings and lessons and directions are told for us in simple stories and parables (lesson stories meant to represent Truth) in His Word, and although some do not apply to us, but many do, if one really goes to think about it.

And...
I haven't actually said myself a bible story that applies to an event in my life, but,I, like you, kayM,will think a bit about it and surely something will arrive to my green brains and if not, the fact is proven, I need to trade in my green brains :D

God bless you, milady, and, I pray you are letting go all your life being lead by Him . God has great plans for you, storytelling, family-evangelizing gal. That said, I see you as a "missionaryl' bible story type (Paul?) because you obviously have a gift for language understanding, since I know you speak English well but I think Spanish is your native language I think you've said. So.... there go my green brains thinking for someone else, they must have felt the threat to think or else, I guess they hold off being traded for now :D

G

GreenNnice

At a point in my life not too long ago, I was 39, I hit my lowest low, financially, and, realized that all my working was not for ought but for naught, for what for. And, I just prayed to God to help me understand the finances of my life--big debt accumulated with what looked like very little hope-with the work I was doing-to get free any time soon. The tunnel showed no light, SUDDENLY. I was witted out, to my end.

So....

I just told God that this was not how I planned to serve Him at this time. So, I cried, prayed, cried prayed in this time more than I ever had, that I was just not wanting to accept my poverty-wrought lifestyle. My future dreams looked so, so, sooo far off, suddenly.

Saddened me, this, but I prayed more at this time of my read-looking life, thanked God that I was alive, healthy, with gifts I'd been shown through my first 39 years of living and began to work harder than I ever had before (not that I wasn't already working very hard), getting up early, going to bed late, seeing if better organization couldn't help me some in my business, putting God into a higher state of priority in my thinking. And, really this higher state was a qcceptance of my situation with gladness and thanksgiving and prayer....

The time of my being in this 'state' continued for a long, long time one probably thinks I am going to say, but I am not saying that, not even close. I was just about a month in to this new praising God no matter how hard my life looked to be when God turned my business around, quickly. No, I didn't win the lottery, but I did find in my warehouse some recent-bought good buys of things I thought had zero value. Item things that I bought a month before . I had all but quit my buying business and was just going to do the work I made a lot less money doing and liked doing a lot less , but, yeah, sigh , was resigned to new boring (to me) work....

That month of doing the deadening, low income, not-liked work I let God know I would survive, I would hold my head high through this next chapter of my life, I wouid stay His course no matter how rugged that course looked. And, WHAM! God showed me that an acceptance of His plan through a not-liked thing would be recognized, and, not only recognized but alzó rewarded by Him.

I was able to go back into my business buying and doing the work I loved only after ONE month. God seeing what I was made of doing the deadening, boring work? Absolutely ! My FAITH of Father knows best ! :) And, I think, no, I KNOW, He was seeing I would be unflinching in His plans no matter WHAT was constructed as obstacle, or whatever means of dooming realization of my life would be shown, even if it was a 'Job' situation and God was allowing The Devil to bring me to such a lowpoint of my existence.
-------

Christ bros and sis, I don't care if you are in over your head, from whatever has you bound, be it bad investments, school debt, can't find work, bad boyfriend/girlfriend mistreatment, whatever, with obedience through it all and having faith though thoughts of impending doom grip God will be watching, observing, and, He will see you through :)

I am not sure lf anyone can guess what bible story I choose, but I will say the most EXCRUCIATING, HARD-HITTING one, which I read from a full color book along with playing a record at the sake time. Over and over, from age 7 to 12 , I read: David and Goliath, Joseph And The Coat of Many Colors, The Burning Bush, Jesus' story, The 10 Commandments, Abraham and Isaac, The Creation, Cain and Abel, and more....

But when speaks about my story above, the bible story that I think best resonates is the one with key words of 'faith' and 'obedience.' Which of those stories is 'that?' How about the one of the father who obeyed God, with great faith, taking his only son up the hill, just KNOWING that God KNEW best, as he raised the axe and was ready to kill his son, Isaac, when GOD! , who is the sake today, as, yesterday, as, forevermore, shouted STOP! (at least that's how it happened in my book and record :) ) as Abraham was bringing down the axe. God is FAITHFUL , sooo, sooooo FAITHFUL, Christ peeps, to our OBEDIENCE to Him :)

L

Liz01

I have never felt like a character of the bible completely, but i have found many similarities in my life with small parts or versicles of each story.

Few months ago i was rejected in church for being too old, but I am sure that God is wise and no matter if we are old or clumsy or ugly or any other thing that for the world may be an impediment, for God we are perfect and all the things that we have, including our skills, are provided by Him and all the time since the begining to the end of our life we can serve Him.
So i felt like those characters in bible that are old hehe, like Sarah or Elisabet that no matter if everybody thought that they couldnt serve God because their age, God blessed both of them greatly. :)

G

GreenNnice

I have never felt like a character of the bible completely, but i have found many similarities in my life with small parts or versicles of each story.

Few months ago i was rejected in church for being too old, but I am sure that God is wise and no matter if we are old or clumsy or ugly or any other thing that for the world may be an impediment, for God we are perfect and all the things that we have, including our skills, are provided by Him and all the time since the begining to the end of our life we can serve Him.
So i felt like those characters in bible that are old hehe, like Sarah or Elisabet that no matter if everybody thought that they couldnt serve God because their age, God blessed both of them greatly. :)
---
Lizzytheone, you were rejected because you were 'old' or because you were single and not fit in ?

Sigh, yes, that is hard to understand , milady, no matter why rejected, rejection hurts. :)

'It'does not hurt just one type more than another, it hurts us all . But God IS the Great Comforter for one if His infinite hats (abilities) and He will carry you through, sometimes even, if need be carry you :)

And, absolutely, God will bless us for getting through the trial or tribulation, as God, like Job, allows the Dévil to do things to you. You, milady, that said, just must be 'upright' and 'blameless.' And, doesn't that sound a lot like you like Christ too :)

G

GreenNnice

----
YOU have never been 'that' in God's eyes, you are NOT that, and, you will never be that, CC , you are His , and, the moment you picked Him, you were rubbed red with innocence forevermore-past, present, foreverfuture--when you chose Him, scarlet red with royalty, milady, with your Father's forgiveness evermore :)

L

Liz01

---
Lizzytheone, you were rejected because you were 'old' or because you were single and not fit in ?

Sigh, yes, that is hard to understand , milady, no matter why rejected, rejection hurts. :)

'It'does not hurt just one type more than another, it hurts us all . But God IS the Great Comforter for one if His infinite hats (abilities) and He will carry you through, sometimes even, if need be carry you :)

And, absolutely, God will bless us for getting through the trial or tribulation, as God, like Job, allows the Dévil to do things to you. You, milady, that said, just must be 'upright' and 'blameless.' And, doesn't that sound a lot like you like Christ too :)
Thanks Green, it was because i was old, and yes, rejection hurts a lot but God heals a lot too. :)
Besides that, i dont justify who did that but i think that we all make mistakes and i have hurt others without intention maybe more (hope not) so im praying for this person, doing my part forgiving him and trying that this kind of things dont distract me from my focus on God.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CC_Bride

I'll add another bible person Im like - Sarah. She was a bit of a control freak who liked to take matters into her own hands when things didnt turn out the way she wanted or she didn't agree with Gods timing. Then she cried and moaned like a whiner when she reaped the consequences of her control issues. Soooo been there...

C

CC_Bride

----
YOU have never been 'that' in God's eyes, you are NOT that, and, you will never be that, CC , you are His , and, the moment you picked Him, you were rubbed red with innocence forevermore-past, present, foreverfuture--when you chose Him, scarlet red with royalty, milady, with your Father's forgiveness evermore :)
Lol I know Im not a prostitute now, but I was metaphorically. If God was 'brave' and blunt enough to refer to an entire nation of people as a prostitute then I have no qualms that he'd say the very same to me, which he did in a dream. But he did it in a way that was convicting not condemning, and he opened his arms to me and asked me to come back to him and be his 'bride' again which I thankfully did and am forever grateful I worship a wonderful God who convicts but forgives and redeems me at the same time.
Read the Book of Hosea in its entirety and you'll get what I mean.

K

kayem77

Sometimes ( and I bet most of us) I feel like Peter in the moment when he denied the Lord the third time and his eyes met the Lord's eyes.... that moment when you know you have failed him TERRIBLY and you feel ashamed and guily..but eventually you realize the Lord is still saying ''I love you''.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
There are two I relate too... but then I think most can =D

The first is peter trying to walk on water but takes his eyes off Jesus and begins to sink and cries out "Lord Save me!" Get so caught up in "life" you let it overtake you and you start to drown and shout out for help. And he does.

The second is Jacob wrestling the angel. I was never sure how literal or what that whole deal was about but this is what I took from it I guess because my own struggles. There are so many things I try to wrestle with God about believing I know something he doesn't and how it should be fixed or wanting things my way. But God in his mercy just breaks me down and I come crawling on my knees back to him... when he could have just cast my stubborn butt aside to wander lost in my own foolishness and bring about my own destruction.

G

GreenNnice

Thanks Green, it was because i was old, and yes, rejection hurts a lot but God heals a lot too. :)
Besides that, i dont justify who did that but i think that we all make mistakes and i have hurt others without intention maybe more (hope not) so im praying for this person, doing my part forgiving him and trying that this kind of things dont distract me from my focus on God.
I think it is our language gap , lizzytheone, but God does not just heal a lot, He heals ALL :)
Yes, you are doing the right thing, milady, pray witnout ceasing, intercessory prayer is good too for others, even praying for those you've forgiven .
You speak beautifully, young lady . :)

Lol I know Im not a prostitute now, but I was metaphorically. If God was 'brave' and blunt enough to refer to an entire nation of people as a prostitute then I have no qualms that he'd say the very same to me, which he did in a dream. But he did it in a way that was convicting not condemning, and he opened his arms to me and asked me to come back to him and be his 'bride' again which I thankfully did and am forever grateful I worship a wonderful God who convicts but forgives and redeems me at the same time.
Read the Book of Hosea in its entirety and you'll get what I mean.
I see, CC. Yes, typed text is hard to get a read on what someone is truly saying, glad am I your esteem of past prostitute feeling gone, just like with God, it is gone, and, dont forget, it is forgotten too , milady, all our past prostitutions were met with PAID IN FULL restitution at The,Cross :)
+++/+++
I will have to read Hosea again.

Sometimes ( and I bet most of us) I feel like Peter in the moment when he denied the Lord the third time and his eyes met the Lord's eyes.... that moment when you know you have failed him TERRIBLY and you feel ashamed and guily..but eventually you realize the Lord is still saying ''I love you''.
======
Yes, Peter so loved Jesus, kayM, and, yet this great follower of Jesus, who dropped everything in his life to become a Fisher of men, denied knowing Christ , not once, not twice but thrice. Human nature, even the best serving, like Peter, will sin. Christ's blood covers us, thankfully, not to mention, gracefully, mercifully. Yes, the boundless Love of Him fills us full with no worries that sin will do anytning to hurt us if we are already His, with His Spirit filling and leading our life. The Lord leads, milady.

Last edited by a moderator: