INQUIRE OF GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

youthablaze

1 Samuel 5: 18-19
Now the Philistines had come and spread out in the Valley of Rephaim; so David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I go and attack the Philistines? Will you hand them over to me?" The LORD answered him, "Go, for I will surely hand the Philistines over to you."

1 Chronicles 10: 13-14
Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.
*********************************************************************************

David always seek God whenever he's going out to battle, and he always wait on God's timing whenever is right and he's always victorious (with God of course). Saul on the other hand took it up on himself and did not inquire of God and therefore....well we all know the end result of that situation. I'm saying this to say that everything that we do we should inquire of God, find out if this is what we should do. God wants us to come to him for direction, whatever the situation just ask God...what's your take on this? Let us not be like Saul and take matters into our own hands and suffer the consequences. You might be saying "I ask God sometimes", but that one (1) time when you don't inquire of Him, might be that one time you end up face-down, or even worse-- DEAD.

God wants us to seek him in every situation and not just in the difficult ones. When we are driving on the road ask him...."should I take the highway God?", when we are walking..."should I walk this street today God?" in every aspect of our life put God first. It might sound "spooky" asking these things; but God wants us to be in a constant relationship with Him, not just during prayer times and those "5 minute devotions..(which is another topic all by itself)" God wants to be in our business meetings, our schools, even when we are getting dressed.

Lets stop leaving God on the back burner in our lives...after all He wants the best out of us.... Jeremiah 29:11says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." and we will never come in to the prosperity if we do not inquire of God and ask of his direction. We will be running around like a chicken without a head....so let's start the day right ask God his opinion and everything will fall into place.

God forgive us of the times we left you behind, thank you God for keeping us and I ask you to help me to put you first. Amen

Stephen Fagan,
[/font]