Insomnia anyone?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kirstenk530

Anyone else suffer nights of insomnia? Some nights are fine and I sleep but some nights it is absolutely impossible to fall asleep! I've tried hot baths, nature sounds, exercise, reading, praying, a counting sheep app on the iphone haha! niquil, and a million other things. What have you tried and what worked?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I find ways to occupy my time, like annoying people here at CC!

K

Kirstenk530

lol. Ya...joining an online chat forum probably isnt helping me

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Yet here you are :)

D

Donkeyfish07

Yep, it gets me all the time. my body hates to sleep at night

I

iTOREtheSKY

I do...and I've even put him to sleep. lol

D

dandejack

Hello everyone. Looks like no one's commented on this in a while, but I'm new. And, of course, can't sleep. Again. Well, here's to hoping that someone is on. :p
Oh well. If no one responds, like LightningClap0002 pointed out, I have God to keep me company!

J

Jordache

The worst part is getting anxious over not being able to fall asleep!
Usually, I pray, read a few devos, or think of a blank page. I also try to convince myself that calming my mind (turning) off my brain is better if I can't sleep than leaving it on and being awake for hours.
I have insomnia, but it seems the greater issue is that I find myself exhausted when I doing something like I could curl up on the floor and fall asleep, but the moment I get home I'm wide awake even though body is still in sleep mode.

Jul 25, 2005
Occasionally. This is why God gave us benadryl.

Hopefully you are not allergic and follow the instructions on the package.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
The worst part is getting anxious over not being able to fall asleep!
Usually, I pray, read a few devos, or think of a blank page. I also try to convince myself that calming my mind (turning) off my brain is better if I can't sleep than leaving it on and being awake for hours.
I have insomnia, but it seems the greater issue is that I find myself exhausted when I doing something like I could curl up on the floor and fall asleep, but the moment I get home I'm wide awake even though body is still in sleep mode.
If I think of a blank page... I start filling up the page with a To Do list.

: )

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
First, I'd like to thank Al Gore for the Internet. Second, Steve Jobs for my mediocre iPhone. Because when I wake up in the middle of the night, I log onto CC.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Anyone else suffer nights of insomnia? Some nights are fine and I sleep but some nights it is absolutely impossible to fall asleep! I've tried hot baths, nature sounds, exercise, reading, praying, a counting sheep app on the iphone haha! niquil, and a million other things. What have you tried and what worked?
Hello, fellow insomniac! I wish I could find a way to fall asleep faster. The only thing that's really worked is vitamin supplements, but they were fitted to my need thanks to a homeopathic doctor. But beware, they're expensive.

Lately I haven't been able to go to my homeopathic doctor, and I've been MISERABLE. Last night, I went to bed at around 11:30 I think, and I was ready to get up and go by 5, after a restless night of sleep. Though I didn't get up at 5, and after about 5:30, I was actually able to SLEEP for about 2.5 hours.

M

Mammachickadee

Take more Vitamin B peeps. More vitamin B, more exercise, more water, and having a set bedtime. Don't forget DON'T STRESS OUT!

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
Take more Vitamin B peeps. More vitamin B, more exercise, more water, and having a set bedtime. Don't forget DON'T STRESS OUT!

Vitamin B is fine, but it produces energy in the body when it's using it properly. Also, your urine will appear to be a bright yellow. This means that your body is excreting the B vitamins and you probably don't need it.

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

ZQuil. I have to have it or else I can't sleep. I also must wear ear plugs and I tie a blindfold over my eyes. Temperature has to be perfect, too.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Vitamin B is fine, but it produces energy in the body when it's using it properly. Also, your urine will appear to be a bright yellow. This means that your body is excreting the B vitamins and you probably don't need it.
This can be true.

But for me, it's actually best that I DO take vitamin B's before bed. I think the two I take are B3 and B6. I take calcium, too, but that's because even as a kid I wouldn't drink a drop of milk. Plus if I'm not careful I'll get leg cramps galore at night. Super painful.

But as far as vitamin B's giving you energy, here's my experience with them:

I used to have what I'm going to call a "Stressed-out brain." When you have that, you're on edge, you can't always think the clearest, and all you know is something isn't right, but you don't know what it is or how to fix it and you're stressed to the max for little to no reason. You're either going to under-eat or overeat (Since for me, a couple months earlier, I got over the swine flu, and didn't eat anything beyond saltines for a good 2 or 2 and a half weeks. It made me borderline anorexic, because even after I got over it, I didn't wanna eat barely anything.).

When I went to my homeopathic doctor for the first time, I was a mess, and he said I had what I call a stressed-out brain, and for lack of better words it weakened my brain. I was one of the worst cases he saw of it, too. I went on numerous vitamin and herb supplements, I went gluten-free, and my family says after a day or two they saw a difference, though I didn't notice it as much until a week or two later.

I did have more energy during the day when I took them, because the chemicals in my body weren't so imbalanced. Vitamin B's just didn't give me energy for some reason. (Funny story: one time, before I went dairy free, I bought a Starbucks energy thing, which had bunches of vitamin B's, plus caffeine on top. I think I drank all of it, and everyone said I was calmer than I was before! haha)

So just a small note everyone, different vitamins will do different things to each and every one of us. And vitamins aren't just to help with weight-loss or acne or to get you better hair and nails. They're to help balance and heal you. So if you can, I suggest that you either go to a homeopathic doctor or a nutritionist who believes in holistic medicine before taking things you think you need to take. :)

J

Jullianna

What is this "sleep" thing you speak of?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Yeah, I take a lot of B vitamins, but I wouldn't recommend them at bedtime.

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
So just a small note everyone, different vitamins will do different things to each and every one of us. And vitamins aren't just to help with weight-loss or acne or to get you better hair and nails. They're to help balance and heal you. So if you can, I suggest that you either go to a homeopathic doctor or a nutritionist who believes in holistic medicine before taking things you think you need to take. :)

Holistic medicine has some merit, but western medicine is a better and safer bet for many, many reasons. I'm not looking to start a fight or pick on your choice of medicine. However, not everything can be cured with diet and vitamins.