Interpretations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Hey everyone! I hope single life is going swell for y'all! ;)

Between good/bad personal experiences, speaking with others (of both gender and varying opinion), and doing a little net research...I've come to find that men/woman or boys/girls may interpret the same experience or situation differently.

Of course, you may be thinking, "Well yeah! People always see things differently!", but wait for a moment. The difference I'm talking about is less involving individuality, and more about differences in gender.

As an example, I'd like to think that, buy and large, the time a guy talks to someone makes no difference whatsoever. If I talk to you in the morning, afternoon, night, 3am....It makes no difference.

I've come to discover, however, that for many women, the time you speak with them matters! The length of conversation, subject matter, and many other elements are not simply objective, but seemingly levels of relational depth that may be interpreted completely different than from the male perspective.

This of course, is only one example. Others may be the way women take being complimented, given full attention when speaking, or treated with kindness as signs of attraction. We as Christians have to be careful here, because the love you convey (trying to emulate Christ) may be misconstrued at times, for either gender.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any such experiences you feel comfortable sharing? Is this something new to you? Does it make sense? Do you agree/disagree?

I look forward to hearing from everyone!