INTERRUPTIONS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Crossnote, what does the OTHER One says about the distraction? Or is your devotional and prayer-time ONE WAY CONVO'S? Paul asked God why he should bear a thorn, and God answered back? Daniel askedGod what things meant and God answered back. God says you can ask ANYTHING and he will do it for you....

If you start time with God are you allowed to ask God.... "Lord I am in need of a few answers, Lord can you answer me?" Or may you ask.... "Lord can you please send some person that stopped sinning to this sight, so that he can help us understand how you work?..... May you ask,... Lord may I approach you for some requests, or some guiding, or some teaching?... May you ask.... LORD PLEASE LET YOUR WILL TRANSPIRE IN MY LIFE!... May you ask... Lord make me ONE WITH YOU!.... May you ask... Lord PLEASE HEAR MY CRIES, MY PRAYERS, Lord save me...

Oh prayers can achieve MUCH... Espesially those of a righteouss... and if it is feverent.... Appose Satan and he will FLEE from you... Wonder why? May it be for the same reason they flee from Jesus.... SON OF GOD!!!! All Son's of God are fearful charactors to evil spirits and Satan.... They FEAR the Righteous Spirit, in ANY PERSON! In Jesus FIRST, but also in all righteous people.
Cobus,
This was not a personal problem I was having but I was just asking out of curiosity. I am aware of interruptions and I know God has them under control even if they are instigated sometimes by the enemy.

Feb 17, 2010
Can I please ask what are "devotions" and "daily prayer" and where do they appear in the Bible?

Prayer I see - and Jesus prayed often we are told.
But it's never described as daily (could have been more or less).

And devotions seems to be a new term I'm not familiar with - it sounds more ceremonial than anything related to a personal dealing with God but I REALLY have no idea what is meant by the term. It seems pretty new, american evangelical type stuff. But I expect I am, as often, very very wrong :( please let me know what is meant by the term.
Bookie... 1 Thes 5... Pray without ceasing. ,,,,
and.... Psalm 1... Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

You think there are some people that actually do this?... Yes there are!

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I often want to go and sit on a mountain.