Interview With A fish

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2012
This came to me one night and I just want to share. If you see a way where I can tweek this to make better please feel free to let me know. :)

Interview with a fish

By Sarah M

This is Abdul Aklebah reporting from the Eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. I am pleased to announce that we have been given the exclusive news story of the week. It was earlier reported today that a giant fish had come close to shore and spit a bedraggled man covered in sea weed and fish spit. The man by the name of Jonah claims that God had called this fish to save him from being drowned. We had at first assumed that this was just another fish tale till we heard the reports of a few eye witnesses to the fish spit. We have located the alleged fish and he has granted us the exclusive interview.

Mr Fish may I ask you your name?

Fish: First I am a girl fish. (Muttering slightly under her breath,you humans can't tell a boy fish from a girl fish)

My name is Wendy the Whale Shark and can we make this quick as I just lost my lunch.

Abdul ; Sure no problem. First question for you Wendy What were you doing at the time this man Jonah claims that God told you to swallow him?

Wendy : At the time I was on my way to my school reunion. Fish have really big school reunions you know.
I was starting to get a bit hungry because I had already been swimming for 5 days straight without a good meal.At the surface there was a very nasty storm raging and that means GOOOD eating for a fish. As I was going to investigate God came to me and told me that there was a job for me to do. There was a man that had been told by God to do a Very important job and this man by the name of Jonah was to go and speak to the city of Nineveh
and tell them that they were going to be judged for their wickedness. Now as fish we are not often concerned about what humans are up to unless it involves us as we do live in the water and you don't. But even we have heard about how bad things are in Nineveh. At first i thought my first good meal in almost a week but God told me I was to only swallow him whole and not chew as God still wanted Jonah to complete the task he was given.

At first I did not see this Jonah as he was all tangled in seaweed but I heard him and smelled him. (Yuck)
He smelled like he hadn't bathed in a week!!!! For us fish when God asks us to do something we don't
question it. God takes care of us and God is God and we are not. He made us to be fish and just be fish
and to be the best fish God made us to be.

Muttering under her breath (You humans could really learn somethings from us fish)

Sorry getting a bit off track here. This was the first time I just had to ask God if this was really the plan
as I just had this feeling that I was going to have a hard time getting the taste out of my mouth. And as a fish I can NOT hold my nose. God did assure me that this was the plan sooooooo... I opened wide and just braced my self and swallowed. (Sure enough the taste was just awful,a bit on the sour side,perhaps he was a bit on the grumpy side)

Then God told me to head east towards the eastern shore which was about a three day swim. I was told to be patient with my guest. Well my guest after some time was able to clear the water out of his lungs and at first he was very angry,he was yelling and stirring up a fuss and just giving me an upset tummy. He was so mad at God that he was saved from the storm only to be eaten by a really big fish and now he was fish food. He was mad at God for sending him to Nineveh because he was going to be hurt and all. (This went on for almost three fulls days) I really wanted to tell him to shut up and listen because God was trying to tell him something (Of course people don't think that fish have any thing intelligent to tell them and think we are pretty dumb)

Finally on the third day Jonah finally calmed down and started listening and God finally got through to him that I was sent by God to save him from drowning and i was not there to eat him for lunch. He finally broke down and repented of what he did and started praising God for how great and awesome God is and how merciful in that he was saved from drowning and he promised up and down that he would do as God had told him to do.

God then spoke to me again and told me it was time,I was to get as close to shore and spit him out.
Was I relieved as my tummy was really getting very upset. So I swam into shore as close as I could get and um how do i explain this? I know. I tensed my fishy body as tightly as I could and I could feel Jonah
sliding up my throat and into my mouth and I swirled him around a bit and then I spit the best spit
I had ever spit in my life. He came out like a rock from a catapult and flew 45 cubits through the air
and landed about 3 cubits from the shore. He then stood up and shook himself off like a bedraggled
dog. He then slowly proceeded to walk away from the beach and it looked like he was on his way.

Abdul: You say that God spoke to you and told you that this was what you were suppose to do this.
So my next question is what are your friends and family going to say when you tell them that God
"spoke to you" won't they think your crazy? And those that don't think your crazy won't they be jealous because God "spoke to you"?

Wendy: You forget my friends and family are fish and as fish they will see God's "hand" working in this.
I just happened to be the fish that was available at the time. As fish we realize that God has a purpose
and perfect plan for each one of us from the smallest minnow to the largest fish. From the catfish,dogfish,starfish,clown fish,sunfish etc. each one of us fish have a unique place and none is greater or less than any other fish,and we are just to be the fish that God intended us to be.
(You humans could really learn something from us fish) Pride,envy and jealousy have no place in fish.
All we are is fish and all God asks of us fish is to live as the best fish we can be.

Abdul: So Wendy what are your plans now that you have finished this task?

Wendy: As soon as we are finished here I will be going to get the sour taste out of my mouth and get something to eat.And a quick warning for you God,did not tell me that I could not eat you and you are starting to look mighty tasty.

Adul: (Hastily) Thank you for taking your time Wendy and I will let you get out of here.

Wendy: Thank you

Abdul: This has been Abdul Aklebah reporting from the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea.
We bid you a good night.

F

ForeverHis42

I enjoyed your story :D Very funny :D However, I believe Jonah actually spent the three days praying.
Otherwise, I loved it!:D:D

Dec 26, 2012
I enjoyed your story :D Very funny :D However, I believe Jonah actually spent the three days praying.
Otherwise, I loved it!:D:D
I think I may be projecting a bit of myself on that. I could see myself doing just. It would be like "First I am in a storm,then I get tossed overboard,then I'm drowning,wrapped in sea weed and then eaten by a great big fish.
Somehow I don't think this is a whole lot better,I think I would prefer the drowning." Yup I could see myself doing that. :rolleyes:

K

kenisyes

It's great how the Body has to work together. I just cross-referenced your post to the discussion about whether Jonah must have died inside that fish. Your story, though fiction, gives another, quite obvious answer.

Dec 26, 2012
It's great how the Body has to work together. I just cross-referenced your post to the discussion about whether Jonah must have died inside that fish. Your story, though fiction, gives another, quite obvious answer.
I have strange way of looking at things. I sometimes wonder if we spend to much time on the details and not getting the heart and soul of what God is trying to tell us. I know about the ship,the storm,the fish or whale (does it really matter if it's a fish or whale?) Nineveh,the vine and Jonah's anger. Do we really see it's not really about those things and that it's about different aspects of God's mercy? Four times in there I can see where God showed mercy,He didn't allow the ship to go down,He didn't allow Jonah to drown,He didn't destroy Nineveh when they repented and He didn't destroy Jonah when he threw a temper tantrum.

K

kenisyes

The fish is important, because the people of Nineveh worshiped a fish god. But you are right, the underlying theme of Jonah is mercy, and what God will do to show it.