Introduction- Which I'm Horrible At- But Hey!!

• Thread starter TreesGetWheeledAway
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TreesGetWheeledAway

Ah, how many times have I tried to type out an adequate introduction to myself on one of these sites? Perhaps a billion, or so it seems. I guess I'll give it another go.

I'm Alex, I'm 21 years old, and I live in East Tennessee. I have no idea what to write because I have no idea what you want to know about me. No box, regardless of how many characters it can hold, could possibly contain even the slightest sliver of any human being. To compose a paragraph stating even the basics of who I am, how I live, etc. etc. would be so long as to make you not want to read it.

So all I will say is this: If you want to know more about me, check out my blog. Please do not mistake that as self-promotion, or promotion of another site, because the only reason I mention my blog is because I honestly believe it's the quickest way to get to know me (as much as someone can get to know another via online forums). Also, if there is something you're dying to know about me, though I can't imagine there being anything, just ask me. Send me a message or an email or however you communicate on this site. I'd be more than happy to answer it, and I'd love a chat. :)

Last thing I'm saying, and the real reason for me joining this community of Christians online: Over the past, uhm, let's see, how many years?.... uh,, forever? See, it seems like forever because it's been since I can remember. Basically I've struggled with my "sexual orientation" (I suppose that's the best way to say it). Simply put, I'm attracted to both sexes, the same-sex more strongly. I won't give you the long version of my journey through the questions, emotions, intellectual battles, and spiritual warfare because it would take far too long. What's important is the fact that God has opened my eyes and my heart to His truths. I don't understand His ways, His thoughts truly are higher than mine, because I don't know why He allows me to struggle with this, I don't know why He gave me this cross to bear, and I don't know why He allows me to see the sin for what it is when I see so many others believing the lies of Satan. I could ask the "Why me?" question all day. But I know what I must do. After much pain and inner turmoil, after much denial and trying to rationalize the lifestyle of sin, I finally know that I must lay down my life and follow Christ. I choose to die daily, killing my flesh, in order that I may take up my cross, follow Christ, and live a life fully pleasing to God in obeying His commandants because I love Him.
I've spoken about this on my blog. I've emailed the pastor and received a reply (soon we will meet and talk). I've told one of my good friends from church ( a lady older than me who I look up to and trust). I will continue to be honest and open in exposing my sinful desires to those around me so that I can be held accountable, and so that the work of God can be displayed in my life; to Him be the glory.

I thought I might benefit from and online Christian community because perhaps there's a chance of someone else who is dealing with the same stuff I am, and maybe we could support one another. I know it's scary and it's tough, and every day it seems the attacks of Satan become more cunning and powerful. The doubts in my ability to endure sometimes wear me down to where I feel like I can't go on, but I must. My desire to live for God is strong- at least in moments. There are moments of weakness- extreme weakness.
So, if you've been there, walked through it with someone who has been there, or if you're just willing to walk beside me, please feel free to message me. Let's get to know one another. After all, we're brothers and sisters in Christ, right? Family?

Anyway, long introduction- I know, I ramble.

I hope everyone out there is having a blessed day and can find at least one thing to praise God about!

xx

K

Kooper

I just skimmed down through your introduction. I'm horrible when it comes to reading long posts. I tend to enjoy typing random posts.

Bigfoot.

Anyway, i hope that you enjoy your stay ere at CC!
God bless.

D

Dance

Thanks for posting, thats some intense sharing out of a "short introduction" lol I love your honesty and desire for whats greater than our sinful nature. Good on you and keep fighting the good fight, by the sounds of this, you have great strength and God will continue to aid you in your battle. Im new here so not sure if this is where i post.. heh

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Alex
Hello welcome to Christian Chat.

T

TreesGetWheeledAway

Thanks for posting, thats some intense sharing out of a "short introduction" lol I love your honesty and desire for whats greater than our sinful nature. Good on you and keep fighting the good fight, by the sounds of this, you have great strength and God will continue to aid you in your battle. Im new here so not sure if this is where i post.. heh
Haha- yeah, my short introductions (which I honestly do intend to be short when I start them) NEVER end up short. They're always long and I tend to ramble. I honestly have to stop myself otherwise they'd be so much longer. I guess all I can say is that I like using words. LOL

S

shalom_anne

That was honest to goodness introduction...I love your honesty. May the Lord continue to purify and make us strong.

A

AmericanSteel

Most open and honest introduction I've read so far. I couldn't possibly tell you why God's given you that cross to bear, and I'm not going to give some cheesy "he has a plan" remark. I will say that you know what's going on, and albeit hard to control at times, you have the bearings enough to make healthy decisions. Good luck, Alex!

T

TreesGetWheeledAway

I really appreciate the fact that so many took the time to read my post and respond to it. God bless you guys

B

bebeyesha

hey what a well thought introduction, welcome here in CC, Peace and Grace TreesGetWheeledAway! God speed!

R

Reikon

That was a wondeful introduction thread to me :) I love reading and it's nice to find those that are very open. I read some of your blog too. I find that I can already relate to you because I'm trisexual so I've had the desire for the same sex numerous times. I have read some of your blog too but not all but I can relate to some of the things in there too like my depression and abusing benzodephines. I hope to get to know you more and I hope you're having a blessed day. My name is Reikon and feel free to chat with me anytime. I welcome you to CC.

F

Forgiven66

Hello Alex, and welcome to Christian Chat. Good Introduction, and now that we know what you are fighting, we can pray for you.
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.