Intuition.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

error

Oct 23, 2009
Do you always follow your heart and intuition? Yes/No?! Why Yes/No?!

S

See_KING_Truth

I try to because my intuition is almost never wrong.

Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't call it my heart. But I never really act upon my intuition unless nothing has happened for a long time. Besides, me and people is just another bad formula waiting to explode.

J

Jullianna

Most of the time, but not impetuously.

Oct 27, 2012
Thank you first of all for asking this important question. Yes, I do follow my heart and intuition most all times.

Why? Because God gave us the great gift of intuition. It is there for a purpose to protect us and guide us as His gift to us. My intuition, always guided by God (in prayer), has never failed me and has helped prevent me from serious error and consternation. Many have also heard of the Mother who suddenly gets the "feeling" that her child is in danger and rushes out into the yard just in time to see her young boy going into the street and grabs him just before he gets in harm's way. That was her heart and her intuition at work. And thank God that she followed it or her little boy may have had a tragic accident. There are many other fine examples as well.

God gives us special gifts for us to behold and to help us.

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:" -- I CORINTHIANS 12:7-10 (KJV)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I try to be careful because the Bible says that "the heart is deceitful above all things." In some cases, yes, I believe God puts something in us that helps guide and protect us. But many times we want what we want... and it's not what God wants. This seems to be particularly true in terms of "love" and relationships--we often want something, or push something, that is truly and honestly not from God, and it gets us into trouble. I'm guilty of this several times over.

The advice is to always "listen to your heart", but it's been well-said that the heart wants what it wants. Your heart is going to want that cute celebrity lookalike who flirts with seemingly just you and most people will throw all sensibility out the window while entertaining such an idea.

Rather, the Bible tells us there is safety in many counselors. I might think something looks good for my life... but what do my parents, mentors, and pastors say? Generally, if "my heart" is saying X and they're all saying Y... My "intuition" is most likely just my own will leading me off into la-la land.

And I wind up paying for it dearly.

Z

zaoman32

I think there's a difference between heart and intuition, like Kim said, the heart wants what it wants and it is deceitful. I think our intuition is something God uses to communicate with us. I've seen in my own life, my heart wants one thing, but I have my conscience and/or intuition to let me know it's a bad idea and go somewhere else instead.

Jul 25, 2005
I use my intuition often, but not without appeasing logic to some extent.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
For me it depends on how strong the intuition is. One time I was in my car in the middle of a big parking lot and there were no other cars around me. I was about to leave but for some reason I felt like something was stopping me from putting my foot down on the gas. A second later this big van came flying by me at like 30mph (48kph) and it would have hit me if I had stepped on the gas. He came diagonally from behind so I couldn't see him even though I checked my mirrors. I don't know if you call that intuition or divine intervention, but something saved me and my car that day.

I should also mention that I often pray to God for protection whenever I go out because there are so many cars and bad drivers out here.

Last edited:
K

kayem77

I follow my intuition as long as some wisdom comes with it.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Well what can i say?

YOLO!!!

A

arwen83

Usually at first I'll follow my heart, but then I mule it over and go with my intuition. Depends on what it is though.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
My heart says yes but my brain says no.

error

Oct 23, 2009
thank you all for all your answers.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
INFJ, so naturally, I usually follow my intuition.

...and when I don't, I usually end up realizing that I should have...

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
INFJ, so naturally, I usually follow my intuition.

...and when I don't, I usually end up realizing that I should have...
As an ENFP I'm in the same boat.

the closer my heart and my intuition work together, the better my choices are. The easier my choices are for me to trust. With my intuition, my choices reflect who I am.

Its when I make arbitrary choices, ignore my intuition and try logically planning things out that I fail miserably. Also when I follow, someone else's plan where I shelve my intuition because its going off like a smoke alarm, It always ends catastrophically.

Oct 11, 2012
Yes, I follow my intuition quite a bit.
Unlike other people's intuition which tells them to take risk, mine is very weary and cautious.

It's an even balance though, between using your head and that extra sense we get, I guess.

error

Oct 23, 2009
AsifinPassing and Liamson-i feel the same way.
I'm ISFJ-The Nurturer.