IRON SHARPENS IRON

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

simplyme_bekah

IRON SHARPENS IRON
As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. PROVERBS 27:17

The Christian life is a pilgrimage. At times the road is difficult, and we get lonely. Sometimes we may become discouraged and consider abandoning the journey. It is at such times that God will place a friend alongside us. One of God's most precious gifts to us are friends who encourage us and lovingly challenge us to "keep going."

According to Scripture, a friend is one who challenges you to become all that God intends. Jonathan could have succeeded his father to become the next king of Israel. But he loved his friend David, and he encouraged him to follow God's will, even though it meant Jonathan would forfeit his own claim to the throne (1 Sam. 19:1-7).

The mark of biblical friends is that their friendship draws you closer to Christ. They "sharpen" you and motivate you to do what is right. True friends tell you the truth and even risk hurting your feelings because they love you and have your best interests at heart (Prov. 27:6).

Be careful in your choice of friends! Jesus chose His closest friends wisely. He did not look for perfect friends, but friends whose hearts were set to follow God. It is equally important to examine the kind of friend you are to others. As a friend, it is your duty to put the needs of others first (Prov. 17:17).

Strive to find godly friends who will challenge you to become the person God desires. When you have found them, be receptive to the way God uses them to help you become spiritually mature. Strive also to be the kind of friend that helps others become more like Christ.

My thoughts on this:
Its funny when you are his child and truly seek and find him and his will for your life he also makes darn sure that you do not become friends with the wrong people. I have had 3 instances where he has firmly closed the door on friendships where I would have blindly walked into it trusting and open. Its almost like you can hear the echo of a firm NO in your soul.

S

shirley

this is very true bekah ;ive made mistakes in my life i was the wrong friend i learned ; instead living the holy perfect life i choose my feelings from my heart not my head im paying for it dearly im moving on finding friends that want to read scripure wth me and desire to to get closer to god ; i dont have to search i ve found him a true genuine friend ; a godly friend gb him

N

nukreation

I like that Jesus spent 40 days in prayer and fasting before selecting his disciples. Perhaps this was key in making these connections

O

OFM

Bekah well written well shared thanx so much 4 sharing this wkith us amen....

C

chu_huifen

Great post bekah, I think that is true to find friends and make relationship based on God's will not ours and how to encourage each other in God and growth together in spiritual with God :D

O

OFM

Great post bekah, I think that is true to find friends and make relationship based on God's will not ours and how to encourage each other in God and growth together in spiritual with God :D
i agree with u