Is Anyone Else Getting Tired of This?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
The anti-Christian rhetoric that's spewing all over the Internet.

I visit 9gag frequently, another one of those sites where you post funny pictures and people vote on what's best. The time I've been there, I've noticed that when there are pictures pertaining to religion, to no surprise they're almost always mocking Christianity. As I browse the web, all too often I find people making comments leaving it certain they do not like Christianity. They mock and deride it as an uneducated person's crutch.

This is starting to get to me. Partially out of self-doubt but also knowledge of how fruitless it is to argue over the Internet, I haven't responded to any of it. It's far too simple for someone to disregard what you say and just troll you, or they present so much "counter-evidence" that there's really no chance for you to reply to it all, thereby making it look like you've lost. But, I don't know, there's only so much I can handle of this stuff.

Look. Christians are not stupid. Just because we don't hold five Ph.D.'s in theoretical physics doesn't mean we are idiots. Yes I understand that most Christians in Western society don't do a very good job of taking their faith seriously. Yes I understand that most don't take the time to explore the deeper questions of their faith. But to make the blanket statement that Christianity is a stupid thing to invest time in, to mock it and any of its adherents... I must admit, I feel insulted.

Then again, it is the Internet. What is to be expected?

Last edited:

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I think it's largely because Christians don't fight back. Look how muslims reacted to cartoons that depicted muhammed... a few death threats and riots later, and suddenly it isn't fun to poke fun at muhammed.

Feb 10, 2008
John 15:18-20
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’b If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

Matthew 5:39-42
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

The world is our enemy, but unlike most people, most religions, we are commanded not to fight back. It's hard.

M

Moe

Don't let things get to you. The Bible speaks that in the end times there will be a falling away and sorry to say, we are in that time. Please, I don't set dates or times, however, prophecy is being fulfilled almost on a daily basis. Stay true to God and he will stay true to you. Remember, God is always victorious. Cheers

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
We do fight back. Look into apologetics sometime. Listen to Ravi Zacharias, John Lennox, or anyone else from the Veritas Forum.

Listen to any of this. Go to archive. Hours and hours of excellent stuff.

Ravi Zacharias International Ministries :: Just Thinking Radio Program

Truth | Ravi Zacharias | Sermon Jam - YouTube

Now the following website. There is so much good stuff in the following website you need a lifetime to listen to all of it. I listen to this stuff all the time. On the treadmill while exercising.

The Ultimate Apologetics MP3 Audio Page - Apologetics 315

When these people fight back they make Richard Dawkins doubt his atheism. They make Stephen Hawking go visit a church out of curiosity. You should seriously look into this shawntc. Don't doubt your faith because trust me, there is absolutely no reason. Many people don't present Christianity in an intelligent manner, which is why they think "WE" are stupid. Go listen to apologists that do have PHD's. John Lennox is a professor of Mathematics in Cambridge, but when he gets fired up about Jesus there is no stopping the guy.

Here is John Lennox speaking at a University. Its an hour and 30 mins long, but you dont have to listen to all of it. Well you should. Its more important than watching some dumb movie. Especially when you see a world class mathematician defend Jesus like that.

[official] John Lennox - Is Anything Worth Believing In? - The Veritas Forum - YouTube

Veritas Media - The Veritas Forum

There is also a Lennox vs Dawkins debate. I can only find pieces of it. The entire thing isnt free online anywhere, but from what I heard its too good.

I have been trying to promote apologetics on this forum for a while now, but most people arnt interested. To a certain degree I understand them, they don't want to feel like they need proof to believe. After all "blessed are those who have not seen and have believed".

But Jesus provided much evidence for us, because he knows that God made us as logical intelligent beings that won't believe just anything without sufficient proof. If this was not true, how could we tell Jesus apart from some wacko like Jim Jones?

Because Jesus makes sense. All he did makes sense. All the things he said make perfect sense, so much so that even though atheists don't believe Jesus is divine, they still believe he was one of the great moral teachers of history. Nobody can take the sermon on the mount and think otherwise.

Anyway, I can go on for hours about this. But shawntc brother, don't doubt. Talk to me. I'm a very logic based driven person as well, and a geek as well. We need to have a talk in the chatroom one of these days.

And after years of listening to classical apologists, none of the media attacks scare me anymore. In fact they make me laugh. Their hypocrisy makes me laugh. Their lack of any real information. Dude, Richard Dawkins makes me laugh. The father of the meme. The head Jesus basher himself. His arguments are hollow. Get into apologetics and you will know why.

May 18, 2010
i think it's already bound to happen, we were told we'd experience persecution for following Christ before in scriptures. I notice the same on the radio or on tv, keep in mind satans hands are all over the media so, it's a chilling world out there for real. The best thing we can do is not fight back, but rather continue fighting to bring others towards Christ.

May 28, 2012
For there are certain men crept in which were before of old ordained to this condemnation:
ungodly men they are which turn the grace of our God into wantonness,
and deny God the only Lord, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude: 4

W

wwjd_kilden

Most of them post those things looking for a fight, just like a kid in kindergarten would say "I don't like you" to make someone upset.
Stay strong. Those who mock the Lord will eventually regret it.