Is Christian Rock/Heavy Metal an Illuminati Conspiracy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
this probably explains why i'm incredulous about calling Michael W. Smith or Amy Grant "heavy metal" lol

D

didymos

then why do you listen to them? scatology?

my opinion is that you should stop obsessing over what you hate, and listen to things like Elgibbor instead.

[video=youtube;o5QU4QNeqMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5QU4QNeqMw[/video]

these are the lyrics -- do you find fault with them?

Listen, O coastlands, to Me,
And take heed, you peoples from afar!
The Lord has called Me from the womb;
From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword;
In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me,
And made Me a polished shaft;
In His quiver He has hidden Me.

(Isaiah 49:1-2)

Suddenly, listening to the music, I caught myself thinking of Isaiah as that scary prophet from Life of Brian. ;)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Suddenly, listening to the music, I caught myself thinking of Isaiah as that scary prophet from Life of Brian. ;)

thanks for listening :D

that guy's got me thinking of John the baptist

what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes?
No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings' palaces.
(Matthew 11:8)

D

didymos

thanks for listening :D

that guy's got me thinking of John the baptist

what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes?
No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings' palaces.
(Matthew 11:8)
Test all, says the apostle. You're welcome. :)

(Btw the prophet in Life of Brian actually has a similar voice)

J

Json83

If you ask Jesus and he says it's cool then that's a good indication. Might seem a little out there but you can pray for guidance. I spent 1000's of hours learning lyrics and practicing and playing music b4 being saved, now Jesus says quit. I was pretty obsessed so I can see that it's advice that will serve me well.

Dec 6, 2016
Yea most new CCM music is completely punk/metal garbage which I hate....a lot of them do have gothic type looks like Kutless (which wears pentagram tatoos and stuff)....you can tell if their legit or not usually by their album covers and cd inlets.....guys like POD are not Christian especially when their CD inlets talk about witchcraft and use symbols from it......

Tobymac was a guy I used to listen to....until I found out about his symbols and looked deeper...he even has a song about the illuminati in his older diverse city record......

His blatant symbolism along with his song, and lions paw mannerism of grabbing the left side of chest are all consistent with masonry.....

The New Jerusalem Chronicle: Toby Mac and Third Day: More Examples of Covert Occultism?

We really need to be discerning in the the things we listen to and dig deep into each artist to see if they are legit or not...tobymac to me is not...so I stopped listening to him.
I respectfully disagree I believe whole heartedly that pod is christian

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Michael W. Smith, Kutless being referred to as a metal band, I feel like I'm in 2003 again :)

I've seen the word "research" a lot. What specifically is the research?

J

j-Rubix

I have quite a few European music CDS' from the 90s'-fairly recent, which combine many musical styles ( Gothic/Rock/Heavy Metal, Classical, New-age, Folk, Celtic, Ambient, Jazz, and Pop). Many of these artists were very unique and they never would have even come close to being called Christian bands.

About 8 years ago, all of a sudden: a Contemporary Christian Magazine, went from promoting mostly new Adult Contemporary Artists to promoting mostly Rock/Heavy Metal Artists. I believe this to be an Illuminati conspiracy.

Many people would be shocked at how close bands like Red imitate the sound of bands which are considered Satanic. Why would they be imitating Modern Progressive/Rock/Heavy Metal bands?

Even the music stations in my area, which call themselves Country have been playing music very close to Goth/Rock/Heavy Metal style and the Progressive/Rock/Heavy Metal style. About a Year ago, a local Country music station even played a song close to the Melodic Death Metal style; everything- was the same, except for the singing style.

Why have so many different music stations been moving in the direction of Goth/Rock/Heavy Metal style and even the Progressive/Rock/Heavy Metal style? Is this all part of the Illuminati conspiracy?
It might be.

But keep in mind that there is a lot of intentional misinformation out there. One of my favorite quotes in the bible is Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves"

So Jesus told the disciples to be "wise as serpents"..........

I'm sure He would say it to all of us as well.

Keep the focus on Him as best you can, and He's gonna take care of the rest. That's how I see it at least.

J

j-Rubix

If you ask Jesus and he says it's cool then that's a good indication. Might seem a little out there but you can pray for guidance. I spent 1000's of hours learning lyrics and practicing and playing music b4 being saved, now Jesus says quit. I was pretty obsessed so I can see that it's advice that will serve me well.
Or you could just make gospel music, if you so choose to.

I do gospel rap myself, although I'm not quite ready to launch professionally. I also sing worship style a bit as well, but lyrical side is what I'm best at.

U

Ugly

I respectfully disagree I believe whole heartedly that pod is christian
Though you are also answering a major conspiracy theorist that thinks evil is under every rock waiting to infiltrate us.

It might be.

But keep in mind that there is a lot of intentional misinformation out there. One of my favorite quotes in the bible is Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves"

So Jesus told the disciples to be "wise as serpents"..........

I'm sure He would say it to all of us as well.

Keep the focus on Him as best you can, and He's gonna take care of the rest. That's how I see it at least.
Guy's been banned for a month.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Or you could just make gospel music, if you so choose to.

I do gospel rap myself, although I'm not quite ready to launch professionally. I also sing worship style a bit as well, but lyrical side is what I'm best at.
Got any demo tracks up that we can listen to? :D