Is christianig a baby baptism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Furthermore, as a sign of their inclusion in the kingdom of God, children are given Holy Communion. The practice in many Orthodox parishes is to let the children go up first to receive Communion followed by the grownups. For me this stands in stark contrast to my Protestant experience where I would see parents go up to receive Communion while their children remained behind because they have not yet made a profession of faith.
Yes, your "orthodox" religion is in stark contrast to the doctrine of the Bible.
The Bible is very clear that those who partake of the Lord's
Supper without self-examination and discernment of the Lord's
body do it unworthily, and eat and drink damnation to themselves.
Your "orthodox" traditions are no better than voodoo.

Oct 16, 2013
Yes, your "orthodox" religion is in stark contrast to the doctrine of the Bible.
Thank God am Orthodox.

Sep 10, 2013
Don`t worry Huckleberry, children are, as you said, pure at hearts (but they still have the fallen nature, like us all) and up until 5 or 6 years old they take the Saint Communion without confessing their sins. Once they understand good from bad they also have to confess their sins. The Saint Body and the Saint Blood of Jesus Christ are no vodoo and no jokes for us, I can assure you. I don`t believe any human being, regardless of his intelligence, can trully and fully comprehend the miracle that happens when you take the Saint Communion, when God descends into the deepness of his creation.

Oct 14, 2013
Don`t worry Huckleberry, children are, as you said, pure at hearts (but they still have the fallen nature, like us all) and up until 5 or 6 years old they take the Saint Communion without confessing their sins. Once they understand good from bad they also have to confess their sins. The Saint Body and the Saint Blood of Jesus Christ are no vodoo and no jokes for us, I can assure you. I don`t believe any human being, regardless of his intelligence, can trully and fully comprehend the miracle that happens when you take the Saint Communion, when God descends into the deepness of his creation.
What is the Saint Communion ?

Oct 16, 2013
She mean Holy Communion.Maybe Simona use google translator.

Oct 31, 2011
There is something spiritual and supernatural that happens when the rite of baptism is performed. The person being baptized needs to fulfill his part in this rite, and babies can't do that. True baptism has to be finished, later, when they can. People who baptize their babies are fully aware of that.

I think it is wrong for people to criticize others for bringing their babies before the Lord in this rite, dedicating their babies to the Lord and promising to teach them. There can be no harm done to the child by this. The possibility of harm is much greater when children aren't brought before the Lord.

It is not biblical that babies are not born in sin, or born with a heritage of inner knowledge of sin. Bible says that ever since Adam wanted this knowledge, we have inherited this from Adam. Even babies need Christ. It is up to parents to take over for them until they can do it for themselves. Bringing babies before the Lord is part of that, it includes teaching them to perform this for themselves when they grow enough to take on this responsibility.

Oct 14, 2013
Offering or dedicating a baby to the Lord is different from baby baptism because there are alot of people out there thinking that they have been born again and do not need to be baptise . When you tell them that hey have to be born again , they tell you they hvae already been baptise as a child and donot need to be baptise hmmm see the danger

Oct 16, 2013
I confess one baptism for remission of sins!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
There is something spiritual and supernatural that happens when the rite of baptism is performed. The person being baptized needs to fulfill his part in this rite, and babies can't do that. True baptism has to be finished, later, when they can. People who baptize their babies are fully aware of that.

I think it is wrong for people to criticize others for bringing their babies before the Lord in this rite, dedicating their babies to the Lord and promising to teach them. There can be no harm done to the child by this. The possibility of harm is much greater when children aren't brought before the Lord.

It is not biblical that babies are not born in sin, or born with a heritage of inner knowledge of sin. Bible says that ever since Adam wanted this knowledge, we have inherited this from Adam. Even babies need Christ. It is up to parents to take over for them until they can do it for themselves. Bringing babies before the Lord is part of that, it includes teaching them to perform this for themselves when they grow enough to take on this responsibility.
I agree it does no harm to a child to have a "Dedication Ceremony" for the child.........That's what my church calls it. It isn't a baptism such as new believers receive........and it is a joyous time for the parents and the congregation.